FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
RECORD A DEMO

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blue Ruler
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 7:48 pm    Post subject: RECORD A DEMO Reply with quote

I've posted something like this before but I'm sure there are new folks here now that do not know this.

Every once in a while you see someone in game that you would like to record but you don't know how. In an effort to show you I will try to take this step by step. If I screw up someone let me know please.

Now you want to make a demo and this is the starting point.

1: in console type record and then whatever name you want to call it
ie: record blueruler note space between record and blue

2: to stop recording simply type stop in console

hint do not make demo to long. It is of utmost importance that you do type stop in console after your finished since I believe that your demo will be corrupted if you do not.

You have recorded the demo and stopped it. Record another one so you have backup just in case. Call it something else ie: blueruler2

Ok now you have the demo recorded, now you have to find it.

3: go into your desktop or whatever and open My Computer and into drive [C:]

4: open sierra folder

5: open half-life folder

6: depending on the game you were playing open that folder ie: tfc, dod or ns

7: look for your demo

8: right click on demo and unzip it, I use winrar its much easier than winzip at least I think so.

9: Ok now its unzipped so go back to your desktop and click on your tfc, dod, ns desktop icon

10: when it opens the top option should be console, click on it and type in console the playdemo blueruler, playdemo is one word and space between demo and blue

11: there will be a slight delay and the demo will play for you or at least it should.

Good-Luck [/u]

Last edited by Blue Ruler on Wed Sep 24, 2003 7:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

#9 only applies if you download the demo to view someone elses and they have zipped it.

God Bless You Blue Ruler
Violent Pacifist

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You normally can't record a demo twice, seeing as how what you record normally only happens once.

Unzip a demo?? The file extension of a HL demo is .dem. It's not .zip/.rar/anything else. It's already unzipped.

Yes, you do have to go into your console and type "playdemo "demoname".dem, minus the quotes. You can also type viewdemo instead of playdemo if you want to have play, rewind, etc. options. The only time you shouldn't have to go into the console to play a demo, is if you or someone else has compressed it into an .avi. In which case, it is no longer a demo.

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 4:56 pm    Post subject: Re: RECORD A DEMO Reply with quote

Blue Ruler wrote:
5: open half-life folder

This can also be Counter-Strike, Day of Defeat, etc.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mr.Kason Allen

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now im confused.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: