FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
TO THE ADMINS...and other people
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
[HALO]cpt._Keyes

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 12:28 am    Post subject: TO THE ADMINS...and other people Reply with quote

Various and most respectable admins, as i was sitting down playing, i was wondering, how did u become admins?, do i need to have my own server?, pay?, pass any test?, be friends w/someone, all these questions went through my head. so, with out theatrics, is there any way i my self can become one? and while i play on this server all the time(the only one i play) i do not quite know the ins and outs of its administration so if i sound stupid, forgive an ignorant fool. so i short, can i become and admin?, do i need a test to take?, do i need to be a ville member?, is this thread in vain, thx for any and all replies.

ps, i feel i am a rather nice person and fun to play with, i would be fair and just if granted this power, its just, most of the time i play, there are no admins, and there are some jerks out there who need to be told by an admin to stop(currsing, spawn camping, complaining, various other offenses) and i thought maybe i could fill the gap, since i play soley on this server. thx again for any input, and feel free to laugh if this was a stupid idea of mine
The Nanite
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Asks to be an Admin. (-1 from overall score)

As for something constructive, I'd say time. All the admins have been here for at least a year before they were made admins.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NaniteFog wrote:
1. Asks to be an Admin. (-1 from overall score)

As for something constructive, I'd say time. All the admins have been here for at least a year before they were made admins.

lol

OMG Akimbo > Keyes

waahahahaha

You know those markers where you write soemthing down, and then you use another marker to make it appear, well if you do that all over your screen you can see Nanite left a message with his home address and bank account #.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, good job keyes
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing you should consider before you try your darnest to impress those who could make you an admin.

It takes alot of work to have to be an admin. There are times when you are playing and people are doing one of the following:

1. Bad language
2. Intentionally distrupting the game (i.e. blocking a spawn exit)
3. Spawn Camping
4. Being just plain abusive
5. Teams uneven
6. Team Stacking

And if you are an admin and on the server, then you have to stop playing (no matter how well you were doing), and check out any claims, then deliver your discertation on your findings with maybe a simple chastisement, or a swift boot from the server, or even a the unholy ban for a couple of days or the ultimate bannage.

I have seen many times when Blueruler, BRN, or Roofcutter could not play the game how they wanted to, just because someone was doing one of the things listed above.
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shockwave brings up a good point. I was trying to play on Sunday morning and it didn't work out that way. I spent the better part of two maps doing admin stuff instead of playing.
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes it can interrupt game play, but the best part is spending hours sifting through game logs trying to find out what and where and who is being a llama. Much fun

But in the end you get two bonuses. you get god mode and noclip, two great tricks that make it fun...the only problem is you cannot use them...ever...oh well lets go play...
[HALO]cpt._Keyes

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i officially feel stupid, sorry or asking and wasting ur time thx or the input though
Smegma
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there was nothing stupid about your question. u wanted to know what it took and now u know what the first steps are . so a year from now ask again and see where it gets u, and keep playing here at the ville and keep her clean it will all be good.

btw i know where your coming from and its worse for us members that do not have admin powers peeps just don`t get when u tell that u can`t do admin shiat they just see the tvb tag and assume u can and keep asking and asking

RIP- BlueRuler
[HALO]MasterChief

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smegma wrote:

btw i know where your coming from and its worse for us members that do not have admin powers peeps just don`t get when u tell that u can`t do admin shiat they just see the tvb tag and assume u can and keep asking and asking

one night on tv10 someone thought i was an admin. he kept saying add guns and was trying to tell me the command for it. then finally when he realized that i wasnt he said "oh why didnt you say so." idiot i told him about 10 times that i wasnt an admin.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many people associate a commonly seen clan with being an admin. I got it all the time when I was in TVB and USV while not an admin. Now that I am an admin with no clan tag, no newcomers ever think I am an admin.
=US-V= Member/Event Coordinator - Retired
<eVa> Founding Father/Leadership/Webmaster - Retired
Ville Admin - Retired
[NoClan]Lunt

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shockwave wrote:
One thing you should consider before you try your darnest to impress those who could make you an admin.

It takes alot of work to have to be an admin. There are times when you are playing and people are doing one of the following:

1. Bad language
2. Intentionally distrupting the game (i.e. blocking a spawn exit)
3. Spawn Camping
4. Being just plain abusive
5. Teams uneven
6. Team Stacking

7. Dont be a camping stat ho like Shockwave - you forgot that one......
Violent Pacifist

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't listen to these people.

You have to face mul, jthm, rat, and pug in the bedroom of most certain doom and no return. If you come out victor, then you get admin powers.

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
PondScum007

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeh, be glad whyb isnt in the bedroom as well anymore, : o

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When people ask if I am in admin, or if there is admin in game, I just say "Maybe". Hehehehehe.... At least it keeps the llamas on their toes.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: