FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Any Woodworkers out there?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vicoden

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 7:04 pm    Post subject: Any Woodworkers out there? Reply with quote

I know this is probably a long shot on this site, but I was just wondering. As for me when I'm not owning Shocky and Powder at DOD, you can find me in my shop building custom cabinets & furniture for myself and for alittle extra cash. Just wondering if any of you do this for a hobby, and what kind of tools ya got if you do.
Mr.Kason Allen

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I am but not in the way your thinking
Vicoden

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Must you ruin every topic posted? Are you some kind of dumb ass retard that just doesn't get that your not funny in anyway what so ever? I don't understand why you are still around, why have you not been banned from this site? I can list a couple people that have been banned, that didn't annoy people half as much as you Kason.

I just don't get it, will this site suffer if Kason isn't here? will he be missed? someone please tell me why he is still around, making a mockery of every topic posted. Kason, what is your deal? did you eat paintchips when you were younger, or do you have to work at being such an ass.

I can't believe I am the one bringing all of this up, I thought by now at least 50 people would have posted something like this by now.
Mr.Kason Allen

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't meaning to make a mockery of your post That was actually supposed to be a " " out beside my remark sorry......And I was dropped on my head btw.........Well I guess people are putting up with me....and the others want to kill me....and the others..well I don't even want to think about that

Ps: Admins Please don't lock this post I don't mind being flamed...I probably deserve it

*Edit*Is that kind of like the deal where if a tree falls in the woods does it still make a sound?*/EDIT*

Last edited by Mr.Kason Allen on Mon Aug 25, 2003 8:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ragnarok

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooooooooooo......kinda harsh there weren't ya?

My first self made sig.... Hazaa!
Chen Kenichi

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vicoden wrote:
Must you ruin every topic posted? Are you some kind of dumb ass retard that just doesn't get that your not funny in anyway what so ever? I don't understand why you are still around, why have you not been banned from this site? I can list a couple people that have been banned, that didn't annoy people half as much as you Kason.

I just don't get it, will this site suffer if Kason isn't here? will he be missed? someone please tell me why he is still around, making a mockery of every topic posted. Kason, what is your deal? did you eat paintchips when you were younger, or do you have to work at being such an ass.

I can't believe I am the one bringing all of this up, I thought by now at least 50 people would have posted something like this by now.

LMFAO! Vicoden, flaming at The Ville is a no-no because if people get their e-feelings hurt they might not come back.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

awwwww they might get their feelings hurt? GOOD! I am so sick of people here or in the real world manipulating the system to work for them!!

The revolution is coming and I say we start it right here at the ville. Hosers whose only feeble existance is to bring down what others have made great is coming to an end. I turn on the news at night and see cops on trial for shooting a criminal who had a gun pointed at them? What the hell kind of crap is that? People who sue cigarette companies because they get cancer, idiots who file lawsuits against store owners because they break their leg robbing them. I am sorry but this crap has to stop, STOP SYMPATHIZING with the problem, and just get rid of it!!

These examples may seem dramatic compared to being a spaming spaz but I suggest we start somewhere, once we get the ball rolling its all downhill from there.
Evil Con Carne

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm very envious of people with woodworking skills. I'm an electrician here in Vegas and have a lot of "construction tools" including a skill-saw and a sawz-all, but those are the closest things I have to wood working tools. I have been pricing scroll saws and table saws so I can start. I would like to make toys and wood puzzles for my son which hopefully will lead to Norm Abrahms projects. The main problem I have had is time and it hasn't made it high enough on my priority list yet, hopefully that's about to change.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vicoden wrote:
awwwww they might get their feelings hurt? GOOD! I am so sick of people here or in the real world manipulating the system to work for them!!

The revolution is coming and I say we start it right here at the ville. Hosers whose only feeble existance is to bring down what others have made great is coming to an end. I turn on the news at night and see cops on trial for shooting a criminal who had a gun pointed at them? What the hell kind of crap is that? People who sue cigarette companies because they get cancer, idiots who file lawsuits against store owners because they break their leg robbing them. I am sorry but this crap has to stop, STOP SYMPATHIZING with the problem, and just get rid of it!!

These examples may seem dramatic compared to being a spaming spaz but I suggest we start somewhere, once we get the ball rolling its all downhill from there.

One heck of a small ball...I don't agree with those things either but is me spamming the forums really hurting your eyes if so ill stop but it sure is funnnnnnnnnnn

Edit: Oh yeah I built a pretttyyy swwet chicken pen a while back maybe ill get some pictures up/EDIT
Violent Pacifist

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vicoden wrote:

Time to form another confederacy, eh?

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Vicoden is the one who ruined this post. Most people just ignore off-topic posts.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mr.Kason Allen

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BAN TOGETHER TROOPS!!!...No troops? Oh right...im the only dang redneck here....RETREAT
Kazebari
Official Mall Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I could wood-work. It's been 4 years now since my dear mother moved out ALL my furniture except the bed so she could shop for new furniture. For four years and counting, my clothes are being held in clothesbaskets, and my books are stacked in 2 feet-high....stacks.

Vic, does your woodworking business ship to northeast usa? I could really use some average-priced furniture, providing i convince mom to actually consider buying the stuff. (I'm pretty sure she's not buying furniture only to frustrate me)
Simpleman
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was a cabinet maker for about 6 years injured my back and after 3 surgeries I kind of gave it up still do some small work in the garage but not much lately. Built furniture also for about 1&1/2.
Vicoden

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evil, Having construction experience will make it pretty easy for you to have good woodworking skills. You'd be surprised how many people can do calc and trig but can't read a tape measure. These days, especially with "Norm" its all about the tools. Some of the tools he has just blows my mind, in some aspects it takes alot of the skill out of it, but it also makes it easier for more people to enjoy the trade. If your looking to build toys and smaller projects I would skip the scroll saw and spring for a bandsaw. Having a table thats always flat and un-moving like a bandsaw makes it much easier to get accurate cuts because you will have both hands on your work instead of one hand on the scroll saw and one on the wood your cutting. Just my two cents about that, I don't do too many small projects like that, too detailed and tedious for my taste. But all that work makes it mean alot more to your son, especially when he is alot older and looks back at what you made him 20 years ago.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: