FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Slight Problem

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Tech Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Azrael

Location: Cuba, you got someting to say about dat mang!?!? Guild: TVB

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 7:03 pm    Post subject: Slight Problem Reply with quote

OK, so my comp crashed as a result of my trying to install XP Pro on it. I did a full reinstall and everything works great, except for my DoD. For some reason I keep losing my X-hairs every time I enter the game. I click the option to have them, but when I enter the game, they are gone. I go back to the menu, and the option is unselected, which is very frustrating. My question is this; is there a way to stop this from happenning, or do I have to do a full reinstall. Either way, I'm getting annoyed with it. Someone please help me!!!!
Mr.Kason Allen

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Mr.Kason Allen on Tue Aug 26, 2003 8:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr.Kason Allen wrote:
...Kill them...That always works...it comes with benifits also likeeeeee mmm A nice cozy room, 3 meals a day, a warm bed to sleep in,A nice cozy 600 pound man to share the bed with.....and oh yea guns all around you...and the nice men of law enforcement to provide you with bullets...not in a good way...lalalalalalalalalalala BANG haha your dead

WTF are you talking about?? I haven't seen many threads that you haven't managed to spam lately.

I'm not sure what that could be Azrael. You might want to check your actual configs and see how it is set there. I know there is an option where you can change it there. I will look into a bit more to see if I can find it for ya.

God Bless You Blue Ruler
Vulcan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

try typing "crosshairs 1" without the quotes in the console. If that doesn't work try crosshair(not sure if the s is there or not) if that doesn't work, I would have to look farther into this.
Mr.Kason Allen

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Mr.Kason Allen on Tue Aug 26, 2003 8:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look in your config.cfg and find a line that says crosshair and change it to one. I'm not sure if that;s right, but try it anyway.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week

Last edited by Stevo on Mon Aug 25, 2003 10:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kason you are not to spam threads here. delete your posts.

Last edited by ROOFCUTTER on Mon Aug 25, 2003 10:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
DaKon
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bro reinstall DOD. I have heard that it has a "issue" on occasion with xp pro.

DK
cobra
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

try this.

the only reason i can come up with for you losing your crosshair when ENTERING the game is cause you probably have your config.cfg set to read only.

this means that you won't be able to make any changes to your config if you don't unselect read only. so even when changing the options in the game itself or the option screen of DOD, it will only work for the game you are currently in. everytime you disconnect you will lose the crosshair.

simply unselect read only and look for the line crosshair 0 , change the 0 to 1 and save. make it read only again and try now.

hope this helps.
Azrael

Location: Cuba, you got someting to say about dat mang!?!? Guild: TVB

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the help guys. For some reason, even though the file was not set to read only, it would still not enable the crosshairs. I tried changing it to 1 from the console, from the config, everything I could think of. I opted to just reinstall, and that seemed to work. Hopefully it'll stay that way.
FingerDemon

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like the problem is resolved, Azrael. But I thought I'd chime in with this tip I found after a reinstall. It was my name kept getting rewritten to Player when I logged into a server. I had changed it in my TFC config.cfg and my DOD config.cfg, but not my Valve or Half-Life cfg file. (I forget which dir it is in, but it is like your Half-Life deathmatch cfg file) Some servers when you launch through GameTiger seem to start the game as HL deathmatch and then change the game when you join a mod game. This was just long enough to load the wrong cfg file.

I don't know if this happens with other details in the cfg files, but it doesn't hurt to edit this deathmatch cfg file, since I for one never use it.

Anyway, hope that is helpful.

<TVB>FingerDemon
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FingerDemon wrote:
It sounds like the problem is resolved, Azrael. But I thought I'd chime in with this tip I found after a reinstall. It was my name kept getting rewritten to Player when I logged into a server. I had changed it in my TFC config.cfg and my DOD config.cfg, but not my Valve or Half-Life cfg file. (I forget which dir it is in, but it is like your Half-Life deathmatch cfg file) Some servers when you launch through GameTiger seem to start the game as HL deathmatch and then change the game when you join a mod game. This was just long enough to load the wrong cfg file.

I don't know if this happens with other details in the cfg files, but it doesn't hurt to edit this deathmatch cfg file, since I for one never use it.

Anyway, hope that is helpful.

<TVB>FingerDemon

Do you mean the files in the valve folder?

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Tech Corner All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: