FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
TFC Team Stacking
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FragFailure

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2003 3:38 pm    Post subject: TFC Team Stacking Reply with quote

I don't want to hear excuses. Some people are intentionally aliasing and team stacking. Every single round I've been involved with in the last week has been a blowout one way or the other. If you team stack, don't play here. If I find a team unbalanced I'll end the map. If people give me attitude about it, I'll kick you. You league players stacking are killing any chance of a revival of TFC at The Ville. I don't want to hear any smart ass shit or I'll just flat out ban you. Don't try to lawyerize an excuse either. I don't want to hear admin power abuse either. Don't stack...it's that simple

Thank You
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Mr Hat

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2003 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know what? You couldn’t be more wrong!

I have been playing for a long at the ville and I disagree. I have sparkys, I know who is aliasing. That team stacking accusation is a bunch of crap.

Just because a player is not using the name that you believe he should be using....doesn’t give you the right to kick or ban or what ever the hell it is that you think you are doing.....one thing for sure.....its not administering the server....its imposing your misguided sense of right and wrong on the rest of us.

All you succeeded in doing was emptying a full server in the middle of a Saturday afternoon.

Maybe if you spent more time at the ville servers and less time at Petes you might notice that when Mike and Lio come out, or when JD and I come out….is when the damn server fills up. Sure there are some league guys on the same team. So what? Who cares? I have seen the same players you kicked today jump back and forth to keep the teams balanced more times than I can count.

You claim to want to rebuild popularity at the ville….I have a suggestion STAY AT PETES!!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2003 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2003 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, why do people have to balance the teams so much. I understand if the actual team numbers were imbalanced, but why do people have to switch because they are a better player? Does every game have to end with a 40-50 or whatever score? I don't think so. When we play for fun, the games don't have to be perfect at all.

And why did we switch to 2fort in the middle of a good game on well. I didn't see anyone else complaining about the teams being stacked in any way. I'm tired of 2fort anyway.

Any is there some rule that you can't change your name? If there is, show me that rule. YOU actually had an alias when you joined at first. Explain that! #Fist I'm probably gonna be banned or something for saying my opinion......

BTW, good job bringing tfc back to the ville

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
FragFailure

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2003 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Hat wrote:
You know what? You couldn’t be more wrong!

I have been playing for a long at the ville and I disagree. I have sparkys, I know who is aliasing. That team stacking accusation is a bunch of crap.

Just because a player is not using the name that you believe he should be using....doesn’t give you the right to kick or ban or what ever the hell it is that you think you are doing.....one thing for sure.....its not administering the server....its imposing your misguided sense of right and wrong on the rest of us.

All you succeeded in doing was emptying a full server in the middle of a Saturday afternoon.

Maybe if you spent more time at the ville servers and less time at Petes you might notice that when Mike and Lio come out, or when JD and I come out….is when the damn server fills up. Sure there are some league guys on the same team. So what? Who cares? I have seen the same players you kicked today jump back and forth to keep the teams balanced more times than I can count.

You claim to want to rebuild popularity at the ville….I have a suggestion STAY AT PETES!!

1. This is the second time an admin has brought this up this week. I originally didn't buy into what the admin was saying. I do now.

2. 210-0 in 10 mins and then 100-10 in 7 mins.

3. Yes I'm asking people not to alias. You people with sparky's know who is who. The others without it do not.

4. It's your duty to make sure the teams stay fair. Otherwise it's my duty to go to the next map and make sure the teams are fair. It's a joke to let a map continue when it's 100-10 in the first seven minutes. I will impose "my vision" if your "vision" is seeing league players on one team and regs on the other. If you don't like it. Play on a league server.

5. I always check the Ville servers first before playing elsewhere. 90% it's empty.

6. I have a suggestion. Wear the damn TVB tag if you're gonna be in it. Otherwise don't bother. I'm sick of scanning servers and seeing people not wearing their tag only to change it when I come on the server.

7. You're were on the winning team so of course you saw nothing wrong the way the map was going.

8. Crash got kicked by another admin for respawn camping on 2fort.

9. I don't recall asking for RaphX's smartass reply.

10. Sorry I don't have 24/7 to wait for the damn server to fill up. I only have a certain amount of time to play each night. I play 4:30-6 on weekdays. I see The Ville vacant then.

11. My alias in default if I want to spec someone. Otherwise I instantly switch to my regualr alias.

- PWG member 2001
- TVB founder and leader 2001-2004
- The Ville's Vegas Bashes I-V
- T.V.L. (Ville TFC League)
- The Originator of the Off-Topic Posts
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
`RaphX

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2003 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rofl Stevo.
FragFailure wrote:
9. I don't recall asking for RaphX's smartass reply.

Noone asked for this thread either.

So, is this about people aliasing, or people team-stacking?

England are team stackers - click on this link
FragFailure

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2003 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you're getting the thread smartass. No one asked for your .02 because this thread is no concern of yours. It's directed at the people that play tfc.

1. A few admins are concerned about TFC. It was first indicated in the Admin forum a few days ago. A few admins feel that some leaguers alias on purpose to get around be accused of team stacking.

2. I asked Mulisha to ask the njk guys not to alias.

3. 100-10 in seven minutes should tell you all something. The fact that the team with 10 was also a player short (because that's the team I joined) is even worse. I would've chosen to still join the red team with 10 even if the teams were in fact even and I was the 11th player.

4. I know some people here don't like me. I've never been worried about being Mr. Popular either. I will speak if it is a concern. If another admin has already brought it up this week and I'm bring it up a few days later. It's probably a VALID concern.

- PWG member 2001
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2003 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the teams are definitely even now........0-0!

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
John Doe
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2003 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, I wasnt here this afternoon to see what was what but I had some issues several nights ago.

Frag mentioned a game of warpath that was at 210-0 in 10 minutes, I was there for that. What annoyed me was not unbalanced teams in number of players they were 5 on 5, but unbalanced teams in talent and skill levels.

The other team had several players playing with obvious aliases and they far outskilled the players on my team (The team at 0). There was little we could do to slow them down and if they captured CP4 they could have CP5 captured long before we could capture 4 again mostly due to their speed to get to the 5th cap point.

I like to see people have fun in game, and IMHO I feel that teams that are fairly equal talent wise have more fun than teams that have one team with a much greater depth of talent than the other. In a game of warpath I would rather play a game where the battles are fast and furious between CP2 - 4 and where few if any times are CP1 or CP5 captured. That IMHO makes for a great game, where the skill levels are similar and the fun lasts for 40 minutes.

Avanti is another example of a map that can be fun if the talent levels are fairly equal. If the teams are unbalanced you tend to see a team have to fight and fight and fight and never get to CP3. I dont mind a 5 minute fight for CP3 but if it takes 30 minutes the players should sit down and evaluate the talent levels of the teams and perhaps switch to balance things out so that everyone (that means the other team too) has fun.

Just my two bits worth. Lets all have fun here, its only a game.

JD

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2003 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevo wrote:

Thanks for your 2 cents Stevo. We get your point. Next time don't be a solly and just hang out on top of the enemies base (on well) just standing there. Try to be a team player and help out. At least try to crowbar someone.

- PWG member 2001
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2003 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FragFailure wrote:
Stevo wrote:

Thanks for your 2 cents Stevo. We get your point. Next time don't be a solly and just hang out on top of the enemies base (on well) just standing there. Try to be a team player and help out. At least try to crowbar someone.

I was shooting at everything that came out of the base. I took out 2 flag carriers on their way in, too. Also, I can never seem to hit anyone with a crowbar on the internet and then they keep hitting me from like 10 feet away and blood falls out of the air. Maybe I lag too much (400+ latency) or maybe I'm just not a "leet" player, especially after a week or two of not playing, but at least I was having fun. But I definitely do see how this is related to team stacking.....

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2003 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's amazing how many times this topic has come up. That was the main reason I stopped playing TFC to begin with. I fought feverishly on the subject and got no where with it. I found a new mod to play and feel much happier doing so.

I have gone into TFC a few times in the past couple of months and seen it still going on. I have had a few good games but not as many as the bad ones.

In DOD all it takes is a map change to get the teams evened out skillwise, usually. When it's regulars doing it on TFC is when it's sad.

*note* I don't play TFC enough to direct my comments at one person or group. Those that are doing it know who they are. For those that don't see it then enjoy TFC the way it is being played. You just won't see me in game with teams lopsided the way they usually are when I show up. Must be my timing or something

God Bless You Blue Ruler
Chen Kenichi

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2003 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teamstacking - A resident clan chooses to all join the same team at all costs. They forcefully try to play together. Owning or practice is the objective.

THAT DOES NOT HAPPEN! SORRY! IT DOESN'T! FIND SOMETHING ELSE TO CRY ABOUT!

Aliases, yes I like them too. IT IS NOT A COVERUP TO TEAMSTACK THOUGH! Aliases are for fun. They are not part of a coordinated plan to own.

I have been on many, many losing teams. I don't think I've ever cried about it. Why? Because I should be mad at my team rather than the other. It is usually because your team isn't working together and are just lollygagging around. That of course is the other teams fault, right?

It only takes one damn player to completely change to flow of the game. Not to brag, but I've capped continuously on warpath without any help. Guess that makes my team guilty of teamstacking, right?

I've also been on a team with many of my clanmates where we get destroyed because of a single clanmate on the other team. Of course, that's his fault right?

I've actually seen an admin get pissed and told one my team to join the losing team, and the player count was 5v8!!! I didn't even know anyone on my team!!! Okay, Mr. Admins, I'd like to hear your solution.

You see, a lot of the problem is in your attitudes towards the subject. If someone were to kindly suggest a switch via spectator slot (assuming it's open), results might come faster. I've only had ONE person do that. The others just burst and throw a hissy fit like a little girl (a bad way to get what you want). Also, try working with your team to cover the place where manpower is needed. I've been on losing teams where people kept playing how they wanted, and expected the "offenders" to change for them.

The fact remains, teams are not unbalanced because the said group of people like owning or winning or whatever. There are only 2 teams to choose from. The odds are not slim that skilled people will end up on the same team.

Mr. Admins, if someone in the server speaks up about unfairness, I believe you can switch a players team color. The offense at hand is highly questionable and commiting it is most likely unintentional by the offender. Countless times I've seen "offenders" switch when teams are uneven by one, without being told.

Dear My-life-is-the-team-score, just kindly ask someone to switch. I've never seen anyone bluntly rejected. Maybe I am just missing out.

I will, however, continue to be more aware of my team's status.[/i]

Last edited by Chen Kenichi on Sat Aug 23, 2003 10:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2003 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bright Red Nipples wrote:
For those that don't see it then enjoy TFC the way it is being played.

Read a little deeper into my post.

Notice how empty the Ville TFC servers have been lately??

God Bless You Blue Ruler
Chen Kenichi

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2003 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Notice how TFC died down a lot when TV1 changed to DoD. It looks just as it has been for the three months. I still see a few good games every day. :-/
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: