FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
scharfschütze
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> John_Doe's Tip Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seele_Kriecher

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 7:50 pm    Post subject: scharfschütze Reply with quote

ok as ive played DoD ive noticed that most people who snipe dont know squat about it so i hope that this sheds some light for these players. i was thinking of doing like a Seele's Sniper School but im just too lazy and plus i dont think anyone would want to do it lol.

ok now when you snipe you provide a vital role in the survival and success of your team. if you do your job correctly everyone on your team should be able to push up and take flags rather effortlessly and unharmed. what constitutes as doing your job as a sniper? well, for one you pick off the enemy at long range which is pretty obvious. when you do it however, dont go hide every 2 seconds. shoot, put the next bullet in the chamber, and get ready for the next shot. who cares if theres more than one enemy coming. maybe get back for about a half second between shots but you better get your ass out there as soon as your gun is ready to shoot. if youve got a decent spot you should be able to see where the enemy is coming and be hidden well enough so that counter snipers have a hard time finding you. also, you should have more than one good spot. to find good spots must know the map by playing other character classes and gaining experience. id suggest playing only certain maps to increase you knowledge of each map faster at first. once you have about 3 good places on each map youre set. *note: make sure that the spots you choose are at different intervals in the map (i.e. one near the 2nd flag, one near the 3rd flag, and so on). also, you dont even really need a "spot" to snipe. i get a lot of my kills sniping while standing up and on the move. its very effective if you ask me. it might take a little getting used to because of the increased "sway" of the gun while standing but its not hard at all. know where the enemy is. you can only do this by, again, experience. gain this experience by playing as different classes on both axis and allies to get a good idea of where most of your enemy is going to be. this way you will know where they are before they know where you are and youll be able to pull of a shot before they know what the hell happened. easy? extremely. ok now finally, the one thing that aggrivates me more than anything is when i see a sniper just sitting in one spot for the whole game. i have a rule (that can be bent depending on the situation) i guess more of a guideline actually: if youve been in the same spot for at least 8 minutes, you need to get up and find a new spot and/or push up. ive got more but i think this is good for now. feel free to add whatever you want.
Ryal

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seele Kriecher, not to be rude or anything but a lotta the people don't kno when to push up and when to camp and what places are a little better than others. Some people don't kno how to prime nades, I know I'm an expert on any of this but I wouldn't say I'm terrible at dod. Dod is a very hrmm how do I say this, it's logical, it takes skill and you have to almost think like the enemy
Seele_Kriecher

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2003 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know thats why i said that you need to gain experience and play on both sides to know how the enemy thinks. also i said to explore different areas and stuff and its pretty easy to tell if one place is better than another. if you have a hard time telling which place is better than another try it out and if you keep getting killed in that spot then it sucks. easy enough.
Violent Pacifist

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2003 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seele wins.

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
Ryal

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2003 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what is their to win?
Paddyjack

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2003 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what is interesting in DoD 1.0 is the possibility of picking up weapons... Why do I say that in this topic? Because usually, as soon as I see a sniper somewhere, I switch to sniper, kill him, then pick a weapon somewhere and continue my run as usual.

The thing is, yes, as a sniper you must think like the enemy. But the enemy will think like a sniper to counter you

Rock2..... JUST SAY NO!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Smegma
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2003 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

u are correct paddy there have been times where their sniper kept taking me out from the same spot a couple of times and when our snipers weren`t doing anything about it i would go sniper take him out then pick up a weapon on the battlefeild and carry on pushing forward.

fun fun fun

RIP- BlueRuler
My Personal Insanity

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smegma wrote:
u are correct paddy there have been times where their sniper kept taking me out from the same spot a couple of times and when our snipers weren`t doing anything about it i would go sniper take him out then pick up a weapon on the battlefeild and carry on pushing forward.

fun fun fun

I love doing this... you can go from sniper to mg to submachinegun
to rifleman back to sniper again, all in one run... definitely a GJ from DoD
on this feature.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Personal Insanity wrote:
Smegma wrote:

fun fun fun

I love doing this... you can go from sniper to mg to submachinegun
to rifleman back to sniper again, all in one run... definitely a GJ from DoD
on this feature.

Yeah, I love that feature. Sometimes I'm an MG or Sniper, then we finally get through, I will get up and grab a tommygun or something to help push through.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hoop

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to sound cocky or anything but....

There are 3 types of sniping all together. Assualt, defense, and flag cover. Each way is different. But they all encompass the same thing.

Assault- get behind Enemy lines(without detection) kill as many people as possible while moving from spot to spot. BE UNPREDICTABLE. Use bottlenecks 2 for 1 bullet makes things easy. Key purpose of assault sniper, like assault MG, is to hold off as many as possible until your team moves up and caps flags. Then turn to Flag cover sniper mode if you lived through it.

Defense- Sole purpose to guard an area/flagpoint. Kill as many as possible. Defense sniper is the camping carl of DoD. You do nothing until the enemy shows up but you save at least 3 guys by doing it. Dont move positions until u get fired on.

Flag Cover- Covering your teamates as they move up, including counter sniping. You kill key people while your team kills the newbs and caps flags. Important MG setup, you are the guy to take him out. Once your team caps the flag you go into defensive sniping.

Sniping is a trifecta use all points not just one.

My advice learn to use a rifle(unscoped) first then move up to a scope.

As far as gun grabbing, look for me to be the allie in the axis sinper window shooting you in the back with a scoped 98k
JtH

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, a new member dug up an old thread. sweet on your part hoop. i love seeing that. youve been here a short while and already you are getting used to it. awesome

welcome to the ville bro
jack
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just don't let VP see it.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
Violent Pacifist

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoop wrote:
Not to sound cocky or anything but....

There are 3 types of sniping all together. Assualt, defense, and flag cover. Each way is different. But they all encompass the same thing.

Assault- get behind Enemy lines(without detection) kill as many people as possible while moving from spot to spot. BE UNPREDICTABLE. Use bottlenecks 2 for 1 bullet makes things easy. Key purpose of assault sniper, like assault MG, is to hold off as many as possible until your team moves up and caps flags. Then turn to Flag cover sniper mode if you lived through it.

Defense- Sole purpose to guard an area/flagpoint. Kill as many as possible. Defense sniper is the camping carl of DoD. You do nothing until the enemy shows up but you save at least 3 guys by doing it. Dont move positions until u get fired on.

Flag Cover- Covering your teamates as they move up, including counter sniping. You kill key people while your team kills the newbs and caps flags. Important MG setup, you are the guy to take him out. Once your team caps the flag you go into defensive sniping.

Sniping is a trifecta use all points not just one.

My advice learn to use a rifle(unscoped) first then move up to a scope.

As far as gun grabbing, look for me to be the allie in the axis sinper window shooting you in the back with a scoped 98k

You forgot #4....

4) The camper (can also be referred to as "the newb") - He sits at the last or second to last flag and does absolutely nothing. His team can advance to the enemy's 4th flag and he will still be covering his 1st one. If he is killed by an enemy that managed to sneak around eveerybody, his determination to hold that spot forever is just increased ten-fold. These kind of people normally finish a 30 minute game with no caps, 1-5 kills, and 1-10 deaths (some of these can be contributed to falling off a high ledge and dying.)

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
[x|M]^X-RayCat

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok sry for bringin up old posts, but i just got unbanned and am now starting to post more. ok for one, all of u are right about this but to be a good sniper, you must kno how to no scope, and you must kno how to do it well. i have been banned from many servers for them accusing me of dling sniper x-hairs becuz i no scope so well but just use the k98 and the enfield a lot and kno where the x-hair is. once u kno where it is, you can become and assault sniper and advance along side ur teammates and help them advance by bein another rifleman but w/ a scope. just a few words from just another sniper

Shovel God -x|M-XRayCat{GC} (36 kills with the spade)

3 days back and im back on top.... feels good to be on top
FragFailure

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to say I'm an assault type of sniper in DOD. Standing around gets quite boring. That comes from my John Wayne style of play in TFC.

- PWG member 2001
- TVB founder and leader 2001-2004
- The Ville's Vegas Bashes I-V
- T.V.L. (Ville TFC League)
- The Originator of the Off-Topic Posts
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> John_Doe's Tip Section All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: