FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Dead Giveaway
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mamma Jamma

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 9:27 pm    Post subject: Dead Giveaway Reply with quote

Love your server. I get really good pings and everything runs smoothly. I just have one small gripe. Every time I die I can see the location of the person who shot me (name in red). I do not like this option on a server because it makes hiding and ambushing impossible. One should learn a map and figure where shots come from. The server should not put neon lights over a snipers head.

I will play at your server more if this option was disabled.
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That annoys me, too. There was a big argument about this because people were mad because they had to look at a blank screen for 10 seconds when they die...

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
shockwave
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 9:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Dead Giveaway Reply with quote

Mamma Jamma wrote:
Love your server. I get really good pings and everything runs smoothly. I just have one small gripe. Every time I die I can see the location of the person who shot me (name in red). I do not like this option on a server because it makes hiding and ambushing impossible. One should learn a map and figure where shots come from. The server should not put neon lights over a snipers head.

I agree completely

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 10:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Dead Giveaway Reply with quote

Shockwave wrote:
Mamma Jamma wrote:

I agree completely

Ditto. I think silver tried installing a new death cam, on tv4, that made the screen black once you were killed then faded so you can spec other people. Dont know if its still on. Personaly i loved it and wish it was on all the servers.
ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the way you can see where you were shot from. I think it helps keep people from feeling that they have been cheated.
Smegma
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the way i see it only harse campers bitch about this. pack it up and move to your next campground.u can always come back after your next kill
#Fist

RIP- BlueRuler
Violent Pacifist

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smegma wrote:
the way i see it only harse campers bitch about this. pack it up and move to your next campground.u can always come back after your next kill
#Fist

No.

Even people that don't camp can and will complain. I don't like it because when you're trying to hold a position at the front of a map, your allowed range of movement is reduced. After killing 2 or 3 guys, they all know where you are. After they respawn, they can tell their team and then everyone on the team knows where you are. In some cases, you can move a couple of steps, to hide up some stairs, or behind a sandbag, while they check to make sure you're not in that specific spot anymore. However, sometimes people are confined to the exact place where they chose to shoot some people. You're going to be found out and killed eventually if you don't move, but in the meantime, not showing the enemies exactly where you are forces them to check every probable hiding place in the general area until they find you. Making it so they can't see who killed them , and where they are, possibly allows one man to defend a single small plaza for some time, as he waits for backup or something.

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
SilverOne
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm..

At first tv4 was running fade to black.. which just blacks out the screen after death until respawn. Got tons of compaints to bring back the death cam. Even went to a vote.

see thread:
http://www.theville.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12083
I tried a plugin awile back that made it like the old dod v3.1. The quick fade then free look/chase teammates.
http://www.theville.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12458
Didn't really get any complaints about it. In fact mainly got good feedback. Took it off awile back when doing some plugin changes and never turned it back on. I'm willing to enable that again. In fact.. I just did and should be operational tomorrow.

Tell me what you think. It will be enabled on tv4 only.

Danno and MErf will have to give an opinion on tv1 and Nanite on tv9.

"STOP FLAPPIN' THE YAP AND WATCH THE LANGUAGE" ~Blue Ruler
"Silver is Cheezylicious" ~MErf
xkurzion

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 5:08 am    Post subject: It's simple Reply with quote

Just do another vote for the fade to black....
We demand a recount!
ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Violent Pacifist wrote:
Making it so they can't see who killed them , and where they are, possibly allows one man to defend a single small plaza for some time, as he waits for backup or something.

Do we want the map to stall when one man can bottle neck a map?
shockwave
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SilverOne wrote:
In fact.. I just did and should be operational tomorrow.

Thank you for the quick feedback
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright

Plugin is working. Hope you guys enjoy it.

Was thinking..

When we had the vote I mentioned above tv4 was the only DoD server and many of us were new to the mod so keeping the deathcam on made sense. Now that we have 3 public and 1 private server with DoD it makes sense to have 1 with the deathcam off. If somebody likes the deathcam they can visit tv1 or tv9 and if they dont they can come over to tv4.

Sounds good to me? What do you guy think?

"STOP FLAPPIN' THE YAP AND WATCH THE LANGUAGE" ~Blue Ruler
"Silver is Cheezylicious" ~MErf
KillerRoofcutter
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea i hate the show exactly where you are. Cuz I will be in a perfect sniping place but the second i kill someone they know exactly where i am and they just creep and kill me. Why can't it just be like real life only know where they are by your 5 senses.( in game only the 2 sight and hearing the gun shots or footsteps)

PICKACHU GOT OWNED!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Smegma
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i find it hard to beleive that this pisses people off enough to go to other servers. i really don`t see what the big deal is screen or no screen of death, just play and be happy #Beer #Beer

RIP- BlueRuler

Last edited by Smegma on Sat Aug 09, 2003 2:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blue Ruler
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SilverOne wrote:
Alright

Plugin is working. Hope you guys enjoy it.

Was thinking..

When we had the vote I mentioned above tv4 was the only DoD server and many of us were new to the mod so keeping the deathcam on made sense. Now that we have 3 public and 1 private server with DoD it makes sense to have 1 with the deathcam off. If somebody likes the deathcam they can visit tv1 or tv9 and if they dont they can come over to tv4.

Sounds good to me? What do you guy think?

Thanks SilverOne it a lot more realistic.

Ah every thought about enabling friendly fire.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: