FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Cajun Cooks I need some help

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaKon
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 12:54 am    Post subject: Cajun Cooks I need some help Reply with quote

I make a great shrimp/scallops/creole sausage jambalya. But I need some new recipes.

Yes I am da cook. Better than military rations atleast lol.

If any of the souther folks can post that would be good. Pls also remember that not all the catfish and redsnapper and seasonings are availble where we dont live in mobile home lol
Replica
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

burn it and add okra and collard greens... to be as stereotypical as possible

sorry not burn, "blacken" because its on purpose when burning is an accident
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gizanked wrote:

I would add okra but it is hard as hell to find in oregon....but i am still looking for it
Violent Pacifist

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DK wrote:
Gizanked wrote:

I would add okra but it is hard as hell to find in oregon....but i am still looking for it

My dad grows and pickles his own okra.

I'm don't really know any recipes of any kind. But with chicken/turkey and steak, I've always liked having it spicier and juicier than it should be.

[edit] BTW, don't lick cajun spice directly off of your hand after eating chicken or something, burns like buring crap on your doorstep... [/edit]

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
GellyRoll

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DK this is a total cobra question because i never cook im lazy. My dad cooks everything.
DaKon
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i slow cook my jumbalya but my gumbo will take you by suprise by being a yankee...i got a Jeffrey Daumer size pot i cook it in.

As for the okra....see if your dad would sell me some. I would pay for it plus shipping. What i can find here is beyond frezzer burned and had 0 flavor.

DK
DaKon
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Violent Pacifist wrote:

[edit] BTW, don't lick cajun spice directly off of your hand after eating chicken or something, burns like buring crap on your doorstep... [/edit]

LMAO I blacken a lot of peppers, red, green, orange, yellow, as well as jalapenos and habeneros till the skin is black. And it is A BIG NO NO to touch any part of your body after handeling them lol. And hobeneros have a habit if you dont cut em to go of like a hand grenade on the grill.

And let me tell you that shit will make you cry...even the fumes from it lol

DK
Violent Pacifist

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Habeneros are good. What are you talking about DK?

Also, I don't know if my dad would ship any okra out. He grows that and some other things out of personal hobby. And what he doesn't already eat and use, he doesn't have a lot extra of. I don't think he's grown any okra for awhile either.

The Nanite
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hate to ruin your impression Giz but blackened isn't burnt. Blackened is rubbed with spices and then cooked. It's blackened because the spices turn black during the cooking process however nothing is actually burnt.
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NaniteFog wrote:
Hate to ruin your impression Giz but blackened isn't burnt. Blackened is rubbed with spices and then cooked. It's blackened because the spices turn black during the cooking process however nothing is actually burnt.

It looks burnt? Then it is burnt.

j/k

One thing, DK, though it doesn't really address your question...Have you tried using Andouley (sp?) sausage? Some of the best. There are a couple of sites that will ship, from Louisiana, packed in dry ice.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

in port jeff LI there was this sotre that sold only hotsauces, crazy crazy stuff... they had a "bomb saddam" or something, tiny ass bottle but it was $24...so strong it had to be called an "additive" not "sauce", youre supposed to dip a toothpick in and put that in like 5 gallons of soup or something... anyways just get som hotsauce and it should be good ;>

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharky would you like some sausage some sausage some sausage Sharky would you like some sausage
Violent Pacifist

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnsonville sausages are the best in the world.

DaKon
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2003 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a local company in Portland that makes sausage Cajun style ( he was born in LA) and it is very good.

As for okra, I hit 3 major stores today and a organic food and spice store that charges 10 times as much for everything, and no okra. Bah...to bad the people that i used to work with in KY moved.

(You should of seen my wife at the store "WTF is okra". I told her it was a car wax. She said keep looking if it is good lmao

DK
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: