FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Saving TFC
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
5th GHG E.G. Mine

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 9:52 pm    Post subject: Saving TFC Reply with quote

What would make you want to play on the TFC servers again?

For myself, I think new maps would do it, although there might be some downloading, but at least I'd be playing TFC again.
JtH

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i stopped playing tf because of all that neo crap. i started playing again today for the first time and it was a blast. i was playing with gurrg and john doe and a bunch of other regs. i was doing terrible but it was a lot of fun. it was refreshing after so much dod. i found it rather enjoyable. i hope when i join later tonight it will be as much fun.

jack

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TFC died when TV1 was changed to Day of Defeat

^^^ Clicky
KillerRoofcutter
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I want TFC back It is a good team playing game when you don't have any llamas ( they never use Llamas anymore after TFC died )

PICKACHU GOT OWNED!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Robert E. Lee

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRkAtH wrote:

I'm so tired of hearing that crap!! There are 3 other other TFC servers to play on.. count them 1..2..3.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just in case you guys don't know the password for the private server, TV7, it is "accelerated". Without the quotes of course.

God Bless You Blue Ruler
5th GHG E.G. Mine

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not about whether or not TFC is dead here. What would make YOU, as in YOU PERSONALLY, want to play TFC again?
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I left because I got burned out on TFC. I still play an occasional game or 2 but not like I used to. I have left TFC before to only come back. Time is what I need right now.

God Bless You Blue Ruler
Bada Bing

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2003 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This argument can go for days a few people myself included have mentioned ways to bring people in.The best way is have about 16 bots and configure them to drop as real people join.You can even limit what classes they play ie hw and sniper bots are way to powerful That way eventually you wind up with mostly or all humans Sitting in an empty server isn't what people are going to do thats why most of the servers always empty

Are you threatening me ???
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Spanish Warpig

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2003 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

k switch a server to avanti/dustbowl and add that to the server name ive noticed that those servers are generaly full
Darkath

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2003 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robert E. Lee wrote:
DaRkAtH wrote:

I'm so tired of hearing that crap!! There are 3 other other TFC servers to play on.. count them 1..2..3.

Ummmm....it's true

I would love it if everyone played TFC at the Ville again, but no one is on the three servers most of the time. So instead, I play DOD since people actually play on there, heh

^^^ Clicky
FragFailure

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2003 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRkAtH wrote:
Robert E. Lee wrote:
DaRkAtH wrote:

Ummmm....it's true

I would love it if everyone played TFC at the Ville again, but no one is on the three servers most of the time. So instead, I play DOD since people actually play on there, heh

People play where the pings are good...for some it's Pete's

sorry if it offends anyone . My preference is to play at The Ville first, but I am not a miracle worker.

- PWG member 2001
- TVB founder and leader 2001-2004
- The Ville's Vegas Bashes I-V
- T.V.L. (Ville TFC League)
- The Originator of the Off-Topic Posts
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Blown

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2003 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best way to save it, agree upon a server with everyone, try and make that the main TFC server and play there. Dont whine if your ping is 150-200, be happy if its under 100 and go out and have fun with all you friends, or I would hope ppl that you in some way consider friends.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
cobra
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2003 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ping, ping, ping................. stop thinking about that stupid ping. it hasn't anything to do with your lag.

first check your system and then complain.

on one of the ville NS servers (i forgot wich one) i ping 250-300 and never had any lag there. i even played games and concmaps with a 300+ ping and haven't had any lag isues.

configure your system wright and you wont have any lag. unless it comes from the server which happens rarely.
Whatever

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2003 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, I don't really know. Like BRN said, time always helps me some, as I am also burned out on it. But I am also hooked on ET now, which seems to be so much better than TFC.

There is no bhopping, or a bunch of chatting (ie. typing in game) in ET. The game has "voice says" which you can use to tell your teammates things. So, no typing much, which helps me out as I don't have a microphone.

The maps are fun, and I love the XP system, in which you gain skills the longer you play on the campaigns. And each class is important to winning on a map, and there are objectives other than capping a flag. It adds some variety...

So, what would bring me back to TFC? I have to say nothing would...just the truth at this time.

Play under the names...Darlon Jeel, The Ghost, The Spirit, and <NSA>Whatever
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: