FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
TFC dead at the Ville
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is TFC dead at The Ville?
Yes it is dead, done, finished, obituary, six feet under
61%
 61%  [ 39 ]
No it's still alive, functioning, working, in effect
38%
 38%  [ 24 ]
Total Votes : 63

FragFailure

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 8:56 pm    Post subject: TFC dead at the Ville Reply with quote

vote on what you think

- PWG member 2001
- TVB founder and leader 2001-2004
- The Ville's Vegas Bashes I-V
- T.V.L. (Ville TFC League)
- The Originator of the Off-Topic Posts
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
John Doe
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure polls like this are not going to help matters much.

I have a question to ask all those that feel its dead at the Ville. Why do you feel that way, what are you playing now and if its still TFC where are you playing? Also, if your playing TFC elsewhere why, whats that matter with TFC at the ville? (OK, I can see the empty servers too its no fun being the only person there I guess).

JD
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I think is killing TFC at the ville is the constant "TFC is Dead" threads that are started. I now know TFC, but why should I go to an empty server and wait until people show up? After all, according to these topics, now will ever show up, because noone here plays it.

Or maybe that is what people think, and so noone will make an effort. I have noticed, that once a person goes into a server and waits for someone to join, the server does pick up usually it seems. It may not be full, but there are 8 or 9 people. But that is getting rare it looks like. SO maybe the poll should be changed from "Is TFC dead at the Ville" (Or whatever it is this time) to "Do we want to save TFC at the Ville?". Then, if people are willing to try to save TFC, find a way. And before you say that it can't, with enough effort, there is always a way.

Some other stuff to keep in mind though..... Posting about what has been done at The Ville to save/strengthen TFC, on the Ville Forums, Does little good. It is a classic case of preaching to the choir. We are here almost every day, and while it does help to know what changes happen, but regarless, the regulars will play nomatter what for the most part. But now the problem is filling the servers up. And I can probably tell you why they do not fill easily. What makes the Ville's servers stand out from all the rest? Or is it just another server? We filled the private server with the Snipe-off. Maybe that is the way to go. Have contest on a regular basis. And dont just announce them on The Ville's forums. Go to popular TFC forums and announce them. Make it so that a TFC player who is looking for a server can go through a list of servers and see The Ville and think "I have heard of that server before, I think I will go there". In alphabitical order there are 19 letters before you reach T, including all the most popular letters. Give them a reason to look near the end of a list. Bring in fresh blood, the old blood is dying, and without a transfusion, TFC will die.

So before you post about TFC being dead at The Ville, try doing something to save it. If TFC dies here, it is because the regulars let it die
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Gurrg

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I completely agree Black Hawk. I do still play tfc, i tried Dod and Ns and dod is pretty good, but i get ridiculous choke. I play tfc at teh [DAD] servers and a [PRO] server, one reason. good ping, which i can get at the ville. But there are always people playing on these servers. TheVille servers are always empty, always. I say you should put the bots back on three, i would play here then. if you would look at the daily awards for tfc, it's terrible. Today i think there were 3 awards giving away, becuz no one ever plays tfc here anymore.

We need to bring back TFC, we need to do something about it.

The Ville-Addict----BR Site \/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Krauty

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have to say the main reason TFC at theville is "dead" is because the bots were taken away. The server is more likely to fill up or get players when there is someone in there...bots or ppl. I still play tfc...i play on Hillz 2fortsniper server(even tho i get horrible choke) because whenever i look at theville in hlit, all i see is an empty server, but when i check theville dod, its full of all of the regs that played tfc when the bots were there. When i want to play, i want to play now...not wait 5min or more till someone shows up. Before the bots were taken off, i would see more ppl there, even the stats could back me up. there were more ppl playing on theville when the bots were there than there is now. Now the awards section is almost empty! maybe the bots did lag on that server, but it wasnt so bad after awhile...it helped keep the server alive longer and it was temporary till more players joined. I use to think bots were horrible for servers until i saw that they brought ppl in. If they are a problem, then tone down on the bots a little or dont give them the lil-yugi hax j/k
"I think it's dumb when people say video games affect kids negatively, I mean, if Pac-Man affected us, we'd all be hanging out in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive music...." (Trance)

-unknown
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
John Doe
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I just came back from a great game on TV2 with lots of regs. Start complaining and peeps just start to show

Sully, Chen, LOTF, BlackHawk, Hamese, Sarge, great games

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

terms associated with TFC since the switchover

"dying mod"
"more people playing dod than tfc"
"tfc is old"

I'm not surprised I was among six TVB members at Pete's tonight. I'd rather play TFC at the Ville. However there's as many people at a Ville TFC server as there is my TFC LAN game.

- PWG member 2001
- TVB founder and leader 2001-2004
- The Ville's Vegas Bashes I-V
- T.V.L. (Ville TFC League)
- The Originator of the Off-Topic Posts
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
GellyRoll

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you guys are right i do really like tfc but its not as popular anymore. I guess we can let it die even though i still love tfc.
Replica
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well with half life 2 coming out soon, hopes for a tf2 ??

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What WHAT WHAT??? DEAD DEAD???? Ill tell you whats dead!!!!!...........................nothing!................................well then again I feel pretty bombed right now.

bombs are fun
Chan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll tell you nothing you nazi pig!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would play tfc, i really wanna. but theres no one ever on the servers. if some bots were put on i would probably go and wait for ppl, but bots are only entertaining for so long. when theres no one on the tfc servers i just play DoD and then keep checking back but it seems no one is ever on.

maybe some tfc nights where everyone who still plays TFC gets together on one server would help matters a lil.

in a shameless rip off from a Field of Dreams: If you play it, they will come.

*Props to Mad-Hammer on the Sig*

R.I.P. Blue: Gone But Never Forgotten
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
OpTlk

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still occasionally enjoy TFC...but similar to what Kraut said, when i wanna play its usualyl because im itching too and I wanna play now not wait around alone until maybe 1-2 ppl show up. But at the moment I am hooked on Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory and haven't loaded my TFC in quite some time. when i do its usually on a -)SK(- server(great ping, but longass games )

btw, I dont have DoD or NS installed so thats not my reason for not playing here!

http://www.myspace.com/pvallone
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Hamese
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's becoming lighter, everyone can see that. It is 5 days into the month and only 2 pages of people have stats in TFC.

However, this week alone I have been in a couple of good games. It starts with two and then more regs start to come in. Makes me think of the old days when you knew everyone you where playing with.

It's not dead, just injured.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing that killed or badly injured tfc at the ville is that same thing that badly injured TFC at the hood. Getting a new isp for the server. Before we had to change isps The hood was full 24/7. We had people post about how to get reserved slots. About how they had to wait 40 mins to join and that stuff. U could go and look at it at any time of the day or night and find people on it. I could go on at 3 am for a game before bed and sometimes not beable to get on because the server was full and our reserved slots were taken. Then we switched isps and lost everyone. Just like when tv1 switch mods and most your other servers are not the first servers u join with quick connect. The old hood and tv1 were always at the top of the list it seemed for quick connect so they always had people. Now our new hood is nowhere near the top and hardly gets people unless we put on openfire, well, or a conc map then we seem to get people to join.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: