FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Engy Warz 2.0 Results
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ToRaK

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 8:36 pm    Post subject: Engy Warz 2.0 Results Reply with quote

After a bit of server difficulties we began this classic battle of engy skillz. At some point Never Jaded Sex became Ride me like a Seahorse. But I digress, the first round was a lot of fun. Even though we played a man down (I think) we were able to slip a cap in while the Federation had a player drop. After the round I signed on HLTV to keep a eye on when the next round ended so we could finish this thing up.

The second round got underway after more delays and conclude with a 0-0 tie. After going to a poorly orgainzed tie breaker which lasted 18 or so minutes there was a winner determined.

So we, the boys of RmlaS filed back into the server to finish off a round before bed. However, the other team was unable to find enough players so we began the round with confusion with them a player down. After a bit their players kept dropping as they broke down and began getting frusterated. 3 caps later and half their team was leaving with the other half complaining. At this point we quit attempting to cap and started trying to get wrench and railgun kills. Oh well, wish this round could've been as awsome as the first.

Thanks for organzing this event. Sorry to sound negitive but it kinda pissed me off the lack of respect the other team showed us by just dropping out mid match.

Last edited by ToRaK on Sun Jul 06, 2003 8:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
LiO***

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gg
LiO***

gg
LiO***

gg
LiO***

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 8:42 pm    Post subject: engy warz results Reply with quote

gg
JTHM

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you suck at the posting, lio

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

u lucky i dropped out first match, we were pretty evenly matched

i was with the free agents as a sub, and i was one of them who dropped out the last match, njk was 'whooping' us and i was sick of warpath and spanners flying everywhere. Sorry Free agents and njkers.

I had a blast. GG

The Ville-Addict----BR Site \/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Typh00n

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mixed nutz deserved the win in the second round, deciding by kills was stupid beacuse any team just playing D is gonna have less deaths and more kills than a team playing O.
sharkbyte
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry i missed it, folks...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
mixed nutz deserved the win in the second round, deciding by kills was stupid beacuse any team just playing D is gonna have less deaths and more kills than a team playing O.

It wasn't a bad idea. Any team at any time could've been O or D. Mixed Nutz happened to be O @ the end of the matchup. Addin' up kills/points was the probably the only reasonable option there was. Don't be so sore Typh00n You did a good job.

Last edited by N|kamichi on Sun Jul 06, 2003 9:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that last match wasn't a match at all. It ended up 5 vs. 2 and then the enemies were just running around in our first respawn and leaving us no change of getting out. They didn't deserve that win, it was uneven and they were breaking the rules.

And for all of you that left at the start of the final, you should have planned better. You shouldn't sign up if you can't stay the whole time and about a half hour after in case it runs late.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
N|kamichi

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely agree, Stevo. It wasn't cool that our team (Free Agents) just took off like that. 5v2 is not fair, for all that left & for those of you who stayed (njk)... #Fist
GellyRoll

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry i would leave usally butt my ass was really starting to hurt and becoming num lol. sorry its ok its just a game. I new we wouldn't really win anyways. They stared to kick our ass because we did care any more because we were tired. And like my ass needs to hurt anymore than it already does lol. GG though it was fun.
Kjeldorian Royal Guard 42

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations on your win Ride me like a seahorse. . never jaded sex. . It is much deserved.

I had a blast in the first round. It was a great match in every sense. Back and forth the entire time and we came so close at the end! But I give you much credit for playing one hell of a match being a man down. It was great stuff.

As for the communication troubles, all I can do is lay down the ground rules and expect people to follow them. The tie breaking situation was clearly explained in all of your PM's and in the main post. Mixed Nutz did play an awesome match. They also came extremely close to capping in the tie breaker. However, this competition was about capturing the command points. If no one was able to do that in the time allowed, a tie breaker would settle the match by frag count.

If you can't execept losing by 4 tiny points, well, I don't know what to say. Would you rather have played another half hour? Push the final to 10:00? I had to be reasonable with the time. I thought both teams fought extremely hard in the match and in the tie breaker. No team just layed back and played D. No team ever turtled that I saw. Mixed Nutz pushed hard and almost capped but just ran out of time that's it. The tie was decided by frag count as planned. A well deserved win by the Free Agency.

The only thing that changed from last time was the team size and map. This was not poorly organized. A lot of people helped to bring this to life. On a holiday weekend no less. The instructions were poorly read by a few and thus we had issues.

These events take a lot of planning and time but will never be perfect. There are just too many variables. If you do not read the information provided to you, you will be uninformed and lost. This creates havoc for everyone who did pay attention to their information. It's just a give in that time will run over here and there. Server issues are a factor anywhere. But when you counter in time wasted on people who did not read the info provided, it drags on.

It's not supposed to be that serious anyway folks. As for leaving the server while playing the last match, I think that is poor sportsmanship. It shows no respect to your fellow team. Bad bad bad.

Now that I covered all that negative carp.

Thank you to everyone for coming out and having fun. I know my match was a friggin blast. My team was awesome and we threw it down! I hope most of you managed to have a good time.

Congratulations to Never Jaded Sex! 2-0 record in the Engy Warz! You guys put up one hella fight.

I'll see you all at the next Ville event.

Last edited by Kjeldorian Royal Guard 42 on Sun Jul 06, 2003 10:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
sgt stutter
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

<---Was Uhura of the Federation in the 1st match had a great time was a lot of FUN thanks KRG for putting this together . Was a close match NJK got one early on us, but after that was an all out ENGY WAR again thanks KRG and thanks to NJK for a great match.

click--><eVa>SuperGreg

R.I.P Trigger Happy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: