FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Alternate DOD Server

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Powerman

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2003 11:51 pm    Post subject: Alternate DOD Server Reply with quote

Hello All,

It has been a long time since I posted but I was wondering if my friends here at The Ville might help me out.
In my local area of Shreveport, LA some friends of mine who work for a local provider called Shreve.net have put up a DOD server. It seems to get NO people to play on it (except me and few others) and is in jeopardy of going down all together.
Since The Ville always seems to be full, I was wondering if maybe The Ville guys here could maybe throw a small pub post to generate some publicity for this server and maybe steer some pubs that way when your servers are full and prevent them from searching for a new one. Maybe drop a line in the console to direct them when server is full or something, and check back at The Ville shortly to try again later to get on. Something like that.
I would not like to see my friends possibly lose their jobs over taking a gamble on the server and losing money. Especially since work is hard to find here at the moment. I'm not asking that you guys steer away your pubs when empty, just the stragglers that wanna play when full and cant get on. Give them somewhere to go till they can get on.
I feel funny asking but if I honestly thought if you guys wouldnt help out I wouldnt have posted. I sure would appreciate it...

ShreveNet DOD Server V 1.0r
207.254.192.16:27015

Great Servers, Good People as Always.

Your friendly PWG pal...
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From your sig I have a question for you.

Are you a pilot of the Fighting Falcon?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

good ping

got a link for custom maps?
Powerman

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont want to get off topic because I want this post to make it to the admins, but not yet. I am enlisted in the AF and I am an engineer on the AGM-86 Cruise Missile, and its variants for the B-52. You may seen some of my handiwork in the last few months on CNN. I recently fininshed my Masters degree and have been accepted to become an officer and yes, my plane will be the F-16. That is set in my contract, that is considering I pass all the tests...I have to attend OTS school for 12 weeks, then basic flight school, then I goto my assigned aircraft for the "baby-steps" into flying a Mach 2 aircraft

You in service?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the double post but here is the best place I have found for getting custom DOD maps.

http://www.kustomkettle.com/maps/

I ping in the mid 40's, curious as to others pings and how they like it. They do have some custom maps in the rotation, but not sure as to what they all are.
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ill come by for a visit should have a good ping with u guys

btw cool sig

RIP- BlueRuler
Blue Ruler
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure np I'll pop in for a vi$it

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HEYA POWERMAN!!! Woot good to see you and it has been a long time. Good to see you and the only suggestion I can give for gaining more people on your server is to be patient. It takes awhile for the server to build a player base. Especially if it has custom maps... Count on seeing me there and I look foward to fragging with you! peace!

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
sgt stutter
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear from ya Powerman, stopped by the server last night to check it out, have a good ping there. will drop in now and then thanks.

click--><eVa>SuperGreg

R.I.P Trigger Happy
cstone

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played a little 1v1 just now, my ping is a little higher than on The Ville (only about 10 - 20 ms though). I'll definitely stop by now and then, esp if people are playing
shockwave
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Powerman wrote:
I recently fininshed my Masters degree and have been accepted to become an officer and yes, my plane will be the F-16. That is set in my contract, that is considering I pass all the tests...I have to attend OTS school for 12 weeks, then basic flight school, then I goto my assigned aircraft for the "baby-steps" into flying a Mach 2 aircraft

You in service?

No I am not in the service, but you may have seen some of my work. I am on the avionics design team for the M3/M3+ and M4/M4+ F-16 Block 40+/50+ aircraft. I know I am being vague here, but I also know you will understand.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: