FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Flash lights

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
P0PEYE-VS-|vP|

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2003 9:07 am    Post subject: Flash lights Reply with quote

I dont know if this prioblem has come up with iother people but ive noticed its pretty darn dark in some places and its easy to have sum1 there without them then knowing that .and i know thats for an element of cover but people say the best way to get threw that is to turn up ur gamma and brightness . well when that s done the game doesnt look as kewl as it normally does so ia sk is there any way the server admins could add the flash light feature on the ville servers so some people can use other tools or methods of defeating enemies while in the dark

Thank you for your time Have A Nice Day
Violent Pacifist

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2003 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that's just part of the game. I don't really like it when people turn their gamma up so much that they can see everywhere. Dod is a realism game, and I don't think soldiers in the war had infrared vision or something. Flashlights wouldn't be too bad.

But you also have to remember that you can't run around with your flashlight on all the time. A lot of the time, you'll think of turning it on jsut as you enter the dark, and by then it might be too late. Just use your best assumption, and take time to check those corners. You'll probably be heard approaching anyway, so a little gunfire in the corners couldn't hurt you

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
Smegma
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2003 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

when in doubt spray them dark areas its amazing how many times u will get a kill \

and u do have flashlight in dod its "n" instead of "f" give it a try

RIP- BlueRuler

Last edited by Smegma on Sun Jun 15, 2003 10:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2003 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flashlights might not be a bad idea to add to the realism. Just remember that you glow when it's on and it will make you a lot easier to see when you're coming. The servers should be set to turn down the game gamma to help with that a little.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2003 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything is being done right now to keep the servers lag free and full. Adding new features like that may slow things down. Not to mention some of the other things that people have already brought up.

These opinions are based on ignorance. They do not reflect the ideas of server owners/operators.

God Bless You Blue Ruler
sharkbyte
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My gamma, and brightness, are maxed and I still have a difficult time seeing in a lot of places. Maybe I just need a new monitor. (or to take off the shades.)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: