FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
bowling for Columbine

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paddyjack

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2002 8:07 am    Post subject: bowling for Columbine Reply with quote

Go see this movie, it ownz. It's a documentary.

This is a big reflexion on US policy with guns, and why american ppl are so possessed with the idea of having guns around.

Very pertinent question, especially since I just heard there was another shooting in a farm of Oklahoma yesterday....

Rock2..... JUST SAY NO!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2002 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I was in school, many moons ago, the only kids that had guns were gang members. It's scary how much things have changed since then.

God Bless You Blue Ruler
cobra
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2002 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BRN ----------> many many many many moons ago!!!!!
PondScm007

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2002 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in my new school, my 9th grade english teacher who has lived here forever said he used to bring his gun to school all the time when he went there...if one was gogin hunting after school with your buddies, you woudl bring your gun in and keep it in your locker...man how things are different... where i live now used to be all farms and stuff... and that movie isnt playing at taht many theaters, but there is a place rigt near me that has all kinds of foregn films and lesser-known ones, inc that one...ive been meaning to go see it

BR, yo
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
WiseOldJames{ATL}
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2002 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm STILL in school (last year ) and some dumb jack ass DID bring a gun to school, he showed his friends and they told some peeps, before you know it the whole school knew about it and they busted that loz0r.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Twisted29

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2002 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple years ago a kid I went to school with pulled a gun on another kid in the hall. I thought he was going to kill him right there....

Freaky stuff, hopefully it'll be private school for my kids some day.....Theres something wrong with the whole system (gun control AND public education imo).

I'm really quite Non-Twisted... (but don't tell anybody!)

Long live the Ville!!!!
GuinnessGremlin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2002 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to a school in Rosehill, Kansas. It was a small school but whenever we had a gun in the lockers, usually word got out, and although the ppl that had them had intentions of using them for hunting, (i knew a few of them personally) guns were confiscated because it was against school policy. Personally, I do believe in the right to have a weapon, but I also believe that one should be careful with it and keep it in a place where your children, or others who are less responsible will not find it. Some of my best buddies are in the air force carrying rifles, I personally have difficulty seeing them with a gun because of the way they act. Ne ways gooood day all.
Paddyjack

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2002 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuinnessGremlin wrote:
I went to a school in Rosehill, Kansas. It was a small school but whenever we had a gun in the lockers, usually word got out, and although the ppl that had them had intentions of using them for hunting, (i knew a few of them personally) guns were confiscated because it was against school policy. Personally, I do believe in the right to have a weapon, but I also believe that one should be careful with it and keep it in a place where your children, or others who are less responsible will not find it. Some of my best buddies are in the air force carrying rifles, I personally have difficulty seeing them with a gun because of the way they act. Ne ways gooood day all.

THere was 2 things mentioned in that movie: 1) many ppl possess a rifle to go hunting 2) you do not need a UZI or handgun to hunt deer

I think like you, going to school with a gun because you go hunting afterward is not responsible.

My father (who was a hunter) always said: " The day that you do not mind anymore about carying and handling a gun is the day where troubles will begin".

I think it is true

Rock2..... JUST SAY NO!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
cobra
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2002 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here in Belguim you may not carry any king of guns, rifles and so on. You can only have a gun when you get an approval and that only happens when you have no criminal record. and even then you can only carry it in a closed case from your home to the firing range. I must say thats a good thing! here in belguim not many people get shot. Off course there is also a black market here in Belguim. And i certainly noticed that:

2 years ago when i still was going to school a guy dropped by in our class with a gun in his hand. He held it to my head and started treatning me. He was in love with a girl in my class but she didn't want him. So he took her with him and our teacher had to drive them. he drove them to Brussels where they stepped on a train, but when they got off of the train there were cops everywhere so he ran out of the station shot after the police and the the police shot him in the leg. this hole event took about a small day. Talking about unanswered love!!!!!
Mongoose_Slayer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2002 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i want to see that movie alot (I am a fan of Micheal Moore) but it isn't playing anywhere near where i live
Greebo
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2003 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bumping an old post - Saw this yesterday (ok things take a while to come out here).
Have to say it was one of the best film/documentaries I've ever seen.
Lot of it hit home hard, for those that don't know I come from a small town called Dunblane - scene of a school shooting in '96 where a teacher and 15 kids were killed (aged 4 or 5).

Charles Heston is a bastard.
Mongoose_Slayer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2003 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have seen it now too, it is a good movie
PondScm007

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

o m g...........

BR, yo
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kamikaze

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

man, micheal moore got yall hook line and sinker. he spliced pieces of several speeches of heston that had taken place from up to a year before and 8 months after the incident to create the one he did. there
s a site that tears this movie down, line by line almost. lemme look for it.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/873586/posts
edit: ^^ there's website

i told you i was hardcore.
Replica
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazing what peopel can do when they get too much time on thier hands
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: