FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Invalid_session

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> F-A-Q
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 9:43 pm    Post subject: Invalid_session Reply with quote

Is anyone else having problems with "Invalid_session" errors. A lot of times when I try to post I get that error. I can try a few more times until it works, but it is still annoying and slows everything down. I know it's caused by my internet provider (CompuServe) and how it works. It switches me between servers and the IP is constantly changing. This causes problems with the security features in the newest PHPBB release. It checks for IP's and when it is always changes, it gives me the error and it doesn't work.

I was just wondering who else is having this problem.....

(I got the error a few times while posting this)

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Replica
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i had been getting the problem while on aol.. ic leard the cache and all that jazz, then sintead of using aol, i jsut used IE to go tot he ville. but now i'm surfing on adelphia powernet, weeeeeeeeee
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does it make any difference to use IE instead of your regular browser? Isn't it through the same service that does the same thing?

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I'm using IE instead of the regular browser and it seems to have solved the problem. The pages and stuff seem to load much faster in IE, too.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
Redemption Houndeye

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AOL uses IE, but it rapes it in ways no living being can comprehend.

Or so I've been told. My main use for AOL cds is for target practice.

Replica
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

why'd you make a new name mpi?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Invalid session errors here in the forums are caused by a person who takes forever to post his/her topic. The reason I know this is because when I got it I was AFK for like 20 minutes. I was like wtf ? So, I hit the "Back" button, copied my post and started over again and boom no error. I started a new post and left again for 20min and returned and I got the same error. The same is probably happening with AOL also.
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, it was the updated phpBB that had a new security feature that was causing it. I'm using CS, but I think it's set up exactly like AOL. So now I'm using IE directly and it works fine. I copied them and reposted them and it rarely helped.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> F-A-Q All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: