FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Gimps?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> John_Doe's Tip Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kjeldorian Royal Guard 42

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2001 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure you have all noticed that mg's stay out even after a map resets. Such as warpath, when all points are capped, sg's must be rebuilt yet mg's stay. This is really an unfair advantage when a team can get two or three coils built on the bridge before capping all points. Is this a bug or was this intended? Either way, because of their power, I think mg's really should be treated like sg's when the map resets.

- I see a red door and I want to paint it black.

=US-V= Member/Event Coordinator - Retired
<eVa> Founding Father/Leadership/Webmaster - Retired
Ville Admin - Retired
Robert E. Lee

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2001 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a bug in the NTF software.. They're working on a fix.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2001 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spank you Helpy Helperton!

but really thx.

=US-V= Member/Event Coordinator - Retired
<eVa> Founding Father/Leadership/Webmaster - Retired
Ville Admin - Retired
FragFailure

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2001 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sooner the better it's fixed. I stay away from those NTF server if possible.

- PWG member 2001
- TVB founder and leader 2001-2004
- The Ville's Vegas Bashes I-V
- T.V.L. (Ville TFC League)
- The Originator of the Off-Topic Posts
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
FingerDemon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2001 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I know its a bug and not the way they intended... but I kind of like it.

It makes capping those first couple of points not necessarily a foregone conclusion for either side. I like anything that makes things trickier and more challenging to think through ahead of time. When they fix it, I think I will kind of miss it.

FingerDemon
CyC0Dad

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2001 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Three things I don't like about the MGs are 1st the fact that they don't go away when SGs do and 2nd that you don't get a readout that says you destroyed 1 and 3rd that it takes 2 shots as a sniper to destroy it.

Glad to hear they are working on the first issue. Hope they do something about the second one as well. Doubt they will even address the 3rd though.

Frag, I think you just don't like change much . CyCoMom and I were on TV3 the other day and MikeRotch was there complaining about the MGs and how hard it was to cap with them there. Well since he was on our team we explained the weaknesses and how to deal with them. The three of us then proceded to take out the MGs and SGS and cap in almost record time. Each one of the MGs has a weakness and once they are gone the airstrike and a few nades takes care of SGs and then bring in the troops

A tesla coil won't kill a fully healthed up HW and takes time to recharge. A scout or medic can dodge the guided missles. The rockets and nades are easy to avoid as well. The best use of the MGs is to detect spies , so now spies can't be lone cowboys anymore. I guess I'm happy because I always felt spies were too powerfull and now have to team up with someone on both Offense and Defense. I think NeoTF helps put the Team back in TFC.
Maian

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2001 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im sorry, but I have to disagree. I think these mg's just bring a potentially good game to a standstill. Neither side gains, unless all of the players have experience dealing with nft, and know how to take out mgs as a team. But lets face it, there are a lot of newbs out there, who keep asking what an mg is the whole game, and is just a third wheel to the overall team. Where one team suffers because the engies are idiots, another team has a great advantage cause it has a couple engies, and a nice spy to upgrade them. You know, I love everything about ntf except for the damn mgs. I think that is why everyone hates ntf. The mgs just provide a distraction. Engies are too worried about getting their mgs upgraded that they neglect to build sg's. I love everything else. I love the radar, the sgcam, the medidispensers, the aml, the enemy teamchat, and the airstrikes. I wish that we could get rid of the damn mgs, and bring back the flashbang grenades. Could you admins make that happen perhaps??? Please???

Sick Cycle Carousel
Lifehouse
No Name Face
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
FragFailure

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2001 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A tesla coil SHOULD NOT be able to do your spy detection for you, period.

-FragFailure (est 11/99)
-<PWG> alumnus and honorary member
-<TVB> founder (est 9/12/01) and Ville admin
-SilverOne is a punk!

[ This Message was edited by: FragFailure on 2001-12-03 22:50 ]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
YourPowersAreWeakOldMan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2001 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I like to Just sit back and eat Donuts near command point 3 on Avanti and Warpath sometimes until I see the guns warm up or shoot at something, then I see if it gets em, or go get em myself.

CyCoMoM

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2001 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had grown bored with TFC and didn't come on for nearly two months. Then I was missing everyone and suddenly found weird MG's everywhere and a load of other stuff I STILL know nothing about. But I LOVE IT!!

Trading caps was just too boring, now you really have to work together to get things done. Which sometimes means coaching the newbies. Then you get to feel like some TFC Neo genius!

And lets be honest... newbies ask about everything and insist that the attacking team needs three engies who never build guns and lets the other team just mow them over.

Relax, it's new, it's fun, it cooks your dinner and cleans the dishes. It'll mop your floors and send your children off to school! It'll even detect spies!

The one and only CyCoMoM (CyCo cuz she married CyCoDaD and he's CyCo cuz he keeps me)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
CyC0Dad

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2001 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2001-12-03 19:36, Maian wrote:
lets face it, there are a lot of newbs out there, who keep asking what an mg is the whole game, and is just a third wheel to the overall team. Where one team suffers because the engies are idiots, another team has a great advantage cause it has a couple engies, and a nice spy to upgrade them.

Lets face it, without neotf they ask how to build a SG and what is the dispenser for. Tell me you haven't seen that. Not a valid argument, especially on the ville where we have more regulars than most.

And Sorry Frag but I like the added spy detection. To use Maians' example I hate how newbs stand around and let an obvious spy waltz in and nade my SG while I (as an engy) don't have enough firepower or armor to stop him (not before my gun goes down). If the people on your team can't spot spies, you loose !! Spies are overpowered, this just levels the playing field. Spies now need help to wreck havoc.

I thought more of you Frag. Cycomom plays spy and she isn't afraid of the MGs. You are just used to being a renagade cowboy who disrupts the NME so your team can cap. Now you need to get help to infiltrate behind the lines. Is that really such a big deal ?

Come on my team Frag, I'll take care of those nasty MGs for you. There there now, nothing to be afraid of....

[ This Message was edited by: CyCoDad on 2001-12-04 09:50 ]
CyC0Dad

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2001 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is all the fuss about. I haven't been in a standstill game because of MGs since I learned how to deal with them. I take them down as HW, Demo, Soldier, Medic and Engy. The same way I learned to take out SGs as a scout, I learn to deal with the newest defenses. If people quit running like lemmings to their death and grouped up for coordinated attacks, the MGs wouldn't be an issue.

It doesn't take the whole team to get rid of MGs, just a couple people who still know how to use their brains... I'm so tired of people who whine about everything NEW and DIFFERENT. Every game I play people whine about THIS is too powerfull or THAT is unstoppable etc etc ad naseum until they are proven wrong by someone who just PLAYS the GAME. Do they learn from that ??? NO, they just find something else they think is unfair and imbalanced.

If nothing changed the world would become stagnant, boring and complacent. Not the kind of world I'd want to live in. I like the challange !! I challange you all to quit your whining and find a way to deal with it.

If you think you can't you can't even if you could have, but if you think you can you might even though you wouldn't have.

I think I'll make that my new Sig It is appropriatley confusing enough to fit me.
MikeRotch

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2001 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel CyCoDaD's argument about the mg's is just like his feeling about spies. It does now take more teamwork to take out the mg's but just the same, it took a team that recognizes spies to keep them from destroying the sg's and not just himself as an engy. However, neotf gives engineers the upper hand whereas they already had sentries, dispensers, and emps at their disposal. A spy is a lot easier to kill than an mg. As engy it only takes a couple supershotgun shots, a grenade, or a well placed dispenser to kill them. I would have to agree with Frag that the mg should not be able to do the teams spy spotting, letting the them kill the spies without even having to think, and stripping the spies of their most valuable asset.

However, it wont keep me from playing on neotf ville servers, but i just dont play spy as much.
Hamese
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2001 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't a game of Dustbowl with the NTF mod be fun. Try getting through the gates with sg's and tesla coils.

I would be courious if a team could do it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
FragFailure

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2001 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Dad, still disagree with you. Sure a spy is a strong class on Avanti, but on the other maps a spy is much more diffcult to play.

-FragFailure (est 11/99)
-<PWG> alumnus and honorary member
-<TVB> founder (est 9/12/01) and Ville admin
-SilverOne is a punk!

[ This Message was edited by: FragFailure on 2001-12-04 16:14 ]
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> John_Doe's Tip Section All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: