FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
War In Iraq II
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sharkbyte
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2003 9:21 am    Post subject: War In Iraq II Reply with quote

Just wanted to say that I fully support our troops, in the Gulf, and hope this is over and they can get back to their families soon.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2003 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone please help enlighten me here, I was wondering why are all of the americans so confident that this war will have no casualties? Obviously all of the equipment and technology in the world will not protect you if you step on a mine or set off a trip wire and blow appart their whole squad... It will be a bloody war. America is not invincible, Im not going to give any examples but there have been many in the past... This is my point. No matter how much gear, training, or planning you have it will not work, in the end, against a mad man like Saddam. Hes too calm considering that there is an army that could wipe him off the face of the planet right next door. I believe that the war hasnt really even started yet. Rather it is more like a warm up for what is to come... And incase anyone hasnt noticed, while america has evolved in technology, training, etc so HAS Saddam's army. Their not just a bunch of rag heads with rocks in their hands...

<TVB>Potato-thh-
GellyRoll

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2003 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think that sammam is dead already, but i am not sure. I want the trops to get home to their famies to because the really deserve it when they fought for our lifes.

=B3-GellyRoll-USV=
Fred Astaire

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2003 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Potato-thh- wrote:
Can someone please help enlighten me here, I was wondering why are all of the americans so confident that this war will have no casualties? Obviously all of the equipment and technology in the world will not protect you if you step on a mine or set off a trip wire and blow appart their whole squad... It will be a bloody war. America is not invincible, Im not going to give any examples but there have been many in the past... This is my point. No matter how much gear, training, or planning you have it will not work, in the end, against a mad man like Saddam. Hes too calm considering that there is an army that could wipe him off the face of the planet right next door. I believe that the war hasnt really even started yet. Rather it is more like a warm up for what is to come... And incase anyone hasnt noticed, while america has evolved in technology, training, etc so HAS Saddam's army. Their not just a bunch of rag heads with rocks in their hands...

<TVB>Potato-thh-

Bush said that this war will be longer than expected and we will have casualties.
MuLiShA

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2003 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My cousin is in Iraq as we speak.
YourPowersAreWeakOldMan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2003 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my best friends that I've known since 2nd grade is there driving around in a tank.

He calls himself "Tank Negro" now (He's a crazy black guy making a play on Tank Girl)

Hell Saddam is probably dead, and the troops are blasting through the Iraqi countryside with no resistance. They had a thing just on the news showing 200 Iraqi armored vehicles and tanks and troops waving white sheets over their tanks and the US tanks and troop transports just drove on by passing them up completely without even slowing and radioing back for someone to come and accept their surrender because they didn't want to have to slow down and handle having them surrender. The only casualties so far were a pilot or mechanical error with one of those big C class helicopters in Kuwait.

One trip mine isn't going to explode a platoon. This isn't Vietnam. Have you even bothered to keep up with technology at all in the slightest? The body armor worn by the average US ground soldier is all encompassing, monitors vital statistics, gives reports on exact GPS location, is chemical and biological protected, and is total body armor including special boots for mines that divert blasts out the sides instead of up. A single trip mine would just knock them down and damage their armor some. Movies have long exaggerated explosives and gunfights; you can survive a car bomb at close range which a lot of times are more powerful than a landmine.
While the Iraqi army has NOT been evolving, have not gotten any more technology since 1991. They have the same crap they had back then, except for maybe some hidden bio or chem weapons, maybe even a nuke or 2 which are probably not launch ready but could probably be set off manually or remotely like a bomb. In that case there could be a mass amount of casualties, but with the chemical and biological preparedness of the US army the only major thing to really worry about is a nuke, which you can’t really protect against the blast, but the radiation could be avoided and blocked with suits. Not to mention if Iraq uses any of those the UN will have no choice but to join in due to violation of several treaties banning those weapons in particular and proving everyone wrong who swore Iraq didn't have any of those weapons. The troops also have special vehicles that drive around with their only task testing the environment for any traces of bio or chemical agents.

People are too quick to jump to conclusions when they don't have all the facts and info about both sides of an argument. In this particular conflict our army is indeed invincible, the individual soldier may be vulnerable, and suffer casualties, but there are more to take their place and they can't even touch our Ships, Mechanized divisions, and Aircraft even if they wanted to.
Warhammer
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2003 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YourPowersAreWeakOldMan wrote:
People are too quick to jump to conclusions when they don't have all the facts and info about both sides of an argument.

Amen to that Powers.. To anyone making predictions about whether Saddam is dead or not, you are pawns of the media. If I made a post saying Saddam is partying here in my house with me, it would have little more credibility and corroboration than anything they are telling you right now. The truth is that we won't know the whole story about why helicopters are crashing, what got blown up in that bunker, or much anything else for weeks, if not months or years from now. Only once it's no longer strategically vital information (or damaging to popular opinion/morale) will the truth be release the US government. Unlike the 1991 war, the US has definately been censoring what the media can and can't report.
FragFailure

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My thoughts are here. It's what I think and feel. Posting it there will remove the arguing right here in this topic so it don't get locked. If you want to complain to me about my opinions. PM me.

http://www.theville.org/~frag/

- PWG member 2001
- TVB founder and leader 2001-2004
- The Ville's Vegas Bashes I-V
- T.V.L. (Ville TFC League)
- The Originator of the Off-Topic Posts
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Dahak

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There have been 17 casualties so far. 16 from helicopter crash and 1 from combat.
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really need to turn the TV on and keep up with this. I turned it on last night and CNN was actually showing live coverage of tanks hauling butt across the Irag desert. I think that this media has to calm down a bit. Next thing you know they will be carrying guns too

God Bless You Blue Ruler
sharkbyte
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This gave me pause. The military said they met heavy resistance in taking Umm Qasr, and see the quote below:

Quote:
The battle for Umm Qasr had been expected to take between one to two hours but took four hours,

One has to wonder how much fight is left in the Iraqi's when it only takes 4 hours to lose their most strategic city/port. You would kind of expect a fight like this to take a few days...not a few hours. They seem to be a little out-everythinged.

Again, hopefully things will be over quickly.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kudos all on keeping this a civil, intelligent discussion. Frag I read what you said and I agree 100%, well done. I have no problem with peoples right to free speech, but when they are blocking buildings and major arteries for people to go about there daily tasks of work and school, then to me it moves from a relm of free speech and protest to someone pushing their views down my throat. My whole outlook on this situation is this, I support my President and my country (altho I cant stand bush to begin with) my simple reason for doing so is this, there are so many things going on that we dont even know about, if you figure the media is allowed to know 35% of whats going on (a generous guess as well I think) then you can begin to understand why we do things like this, for ours and the worlds security. Keep one thing in mind, when something drastic happens on this planet, we are always looked too, to become some sort of mediator, when we dont, people get angry at us and complain until we do, when we do, others are mad because we are an arrogant entity.

As a superpower this will always be the case, people understandably fear power, but keep in mind we usually try to use our power for the well being of everyone, not just ourselves and that tends to get lost in the fray more often than not.
5th GHG E.G. Mine

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For anyone who wants to know some good information on the protests and opinions of the demonstrators, check out this site for a well-infromed site.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MuLiShA

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although you see many anti-war protests and such on TV, around 70% of American citizens and now 55% of British citizens are in favor of the war.
Potato-VS-

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bright Red Nipples wrote:
I think that this media has to calm down a bit. Next thing you know they will be carrying guns too

Haha just like how the camera men on cops run faster than the cops themselves.

<TVB>Potato-thh-
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: