FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Stats calculation?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
unterseebiermeister

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 12:51 pm    Post subject: Stats calculation? Reply with quote

Okay, I guess I don't understand the stats calculation. I started this week at around 1050 points. I played quite a bit, usually came in either 1st or 2nd in score for my team, and averaged about 1.3 kills per death, I think. My score is now 853. Huh?

For that matter, just last night, I started out about 950, had 134 kills and 114 deaths, and lost 100 points. I just don't see how that can work. I am not any sort of l33t player but I think something is screwy.
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to take into account that the points for capturing flags is not included into your score in any way. Only your stat rating and those who you kill and are killed by.
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whther you gain/lose points is based on who you kill/get killed by if their score is higher or lower it'll ahve an affect on how many points change there is. the better the person the more of a change, good or bad

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Click here to read how the TFC stats work.

Or did you mean DOD stats? If so, click here.

Basically, if you want to know anything about the stats, click on stats in the top menu bar, then choose your game from the drop down menu, and finally click help at the bottom of the third drop down menu.
Paddyjack

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just looked at your stats, and your 1.3 k/d ratio is disminished by the fact that 40 of your kills are done with grenade, which lower your overall score.

Rock2..... JUST SAY NO!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
shockwave
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are they going to fix the fact that capping the flags gets you no points on the website statboard?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

grens dont lower your stats they just to give u as many points as other weapons
unterseebiermeister

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

besides, i have a whole lot more kills with other weapons than grenades, which don't have the <1 modifier. i did read the stats help page, and even ran through a few of the numbers by checking the event logs and applying the player scores and doing the math. i still think something is wrong. maybe somebody else that i didn't check on the list has a really really bad score?

oh well, doesn't really matter i suppose, but i think i will start doing more lurking in dark places with a spade

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

unterseebiermeister wrote:
besides, i have a whole lot more kills with other weapons than grenades, which don't have the <1 modifier. i did read the stats help page, and even ran through a few of the numbers by checking the event logs and applying the player scores and doing the math. i still think something is wrong. maybe somebody else that i didn't check on the list has a really really bad score?

oh well, doesn't really matter i suppose, but i think i will start doing more lurking in dark places with a spade

Or simply ignore the stats. They do not mean much anyway. Stats don't show if you went to help your teammate cap the bridge or if you simply let him die like a sitting duck.

Believe me man, I've seen this, and I'm speechless everytime. Some guys will prefer place themselves in a sniping spot rather than sprint to help the guy trying to cap.

Rock2..... JUST SAY NO!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only stats I care about are the clan stats so I know how my clan is doing. I don't care about anything other than the points because if they say it's good then it probably means my clan is playing.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: