FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
double and triple concing
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> John_Doe's Tip Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arc-Arsenal

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 6:15 pm    Post subject: double and triple concing Reply with quote

Hey, I'm new to The Ville (which happens to rock) I was wondering if anyone would be willing to give me a few tips on how to double and triple conc. Any help would be useful. Thx
thewz

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forums Arc. I'm not sure if this helps, but check out the demos posted in this thread:

http://www.theville.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9688

Veilside/chen is the king of concjumping, although I'm catching up to his skills...
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The popular map around these parts is tayconc. It is a good map to learn the double conc on. I haven't figured out the triple conc yet so I can't help there. Maybe tomorrow I will try to run it on TV3 so everyone that wants to can get it out of their system again. I know I wouldn't mind it.

God Bless You Blue Ruler
cobra
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

triple concing is the easiest thing around.
FragFailure

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're playing maps in game. Single concs are good almost all the time. I'll lay a conc and prime a second one on warpath or well to knock someone out of the way.

- PWG member 2001
- TVB founder and leader 2001-2004
- The Ville's Vegas Bashes I-V
- T.V.L. (Ville TFC League)
- The Originator of the Off-Topic Posts
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Bada Bing

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Triple conc is nearly impossible to pull off on most maps there just isn't enough room to do it.Like Frag said you're better off using a single conc and save your other ones to conc enemies

Are you threatening me ???
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
FragFailure

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cobra wrote:
triple concing is the easiest thing around.

LIES!

- PWG member 2001
- TVB founder and leader 2001-2004
- The Ville's Vegas Bashes I-V
- T.V.L. (Ville TFC League)
- The Originator of the Off-Topic Posts
Paddyjack

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remeber it is all a question of timing. You have to understand that you get more distance the farther you are from the conc when it explodes (staying in the blast area of course). So, when you jump over a conc, you jump not high enough to get optimal distance. The trick is to drop a conc, prime another one, and then jump over the first conc. You will get propulsed in the air, and then ha ha you drop the second conc in a way that it explode a good distance from you... the added distance between that conc and you does the trick and you go very high. Again, timing is everything.

To triple conc, it is best to be in front of two corners not too far apart. You prime a conc and throw it in one corner, you almost immediately prime a second one and throw it in the second corner, then you immediately prime a third that you keep with you.

Now, move toward the first conc, standing at a location where the first conc will propulse you high on top of the second corner, high over of the second conc. hus, the second conc will explode under you and you will be propulsed very high. Now, remember that third conc you primed? When it is about to explode, you release it at the last moment, and yo and behold you get to planet Mars!

Rock2..... JUST SAY NO!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
ToRaK

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are very few times when you should ever use a double conc in game. Most situations where you *could* do it should be replaced by a good single hh conc. The one place I use a double conc is when I'm going to the flag from the ofire water and an hw is guarding the tube. Double concs just involve throwing a conc on the ground and priming the next one for in flight launch. Then you can throw it, or can even hold on to it (although because the way you are falling it will blast you downward fast). Triple concs may look pretty but have no point (except in conc maps). Basically you toss to concs - use the first one to put you over the second, then throw the third while your in mid air to give you that final boost. For quads and etc you do basically the same thing but you have to get good at your fall timing.
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ToRaK wrote:
There are very few times when you should ever use a double conc in game.

Very true. However being on a map where you can do it is still pretty cool. I still remember the first time I did a double conc. All I could say was wow. I still enjoy the conc maps just for that reason.

God Bless You Blue Ruler
Paddyjack

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bright Red Nipples wrote:
ToRaK wrote:
There are very few times when you should ever use a double conc in game.

Very true. However being on a map where you can do it is still pretty cool. I still remember the first time I did a double conc. All I could say was wow. I still enjoy the conc maps just for that reason.

I think this discussion is diverging a little.... he wanted some advice to how to do it, not if it was useful in game

Rock2..... JUST SAY NO!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Arc-Arsenal

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone for your help. I'll try and make good use of it.
Twisted29

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tor, do you mean a double on OFire from the water to the button?

I've seen it done, but never got the timing right in-game. You'll have to show me that one

About triple concing....I wouldn't worry about dropping the third conc, just hold on to it, you'll get more distance/height. (Make sure they isn't too much delay between concs 2 and 3, hh concs just add to momentum...so have speed when it goes off).

Once you get the triple down, you can start on the 5-conc jump! Woohoo!

I'm really quite Non-Twisted... (but don't tell anybody!)

Long live the Ville!!!!
`RaphX

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tayconc2 is good for basic triple-conc skills. I still haven't completed it, mind.
PondScm007

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

any tayconc past the original is pure evil... and i also have never realistically used a double conc in game heh

BR, yo
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> John_Doe's Tip Section All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: