FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Inferno

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blue Ruler
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2002 7:20 pm    Post subject: Inferno Reply with quote

I just feel that I should share this feeling of helplessness with my brothers and sisters.
The picture is of a lumber mill that is connected to our property that went up in flames on the weekend. I too work at a lumber mill and it is a miricle that we managed to save most of our place. The lumber piles in the yards actually touch each other so we can't get any closer to each other. The picture as usual does no justice to the devastaion that happened. It certainly drives home just how quick your work situation can change and how insignificant other problems may be at work. This resulted in 80 guys being thrown out of work by the flicker of a flame. We are still all working at my mill mainly because the big guy upstairs was watching over us. The cause is still under investigation.

Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2002 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that really sucks, Im so glad it was not your place.

Everytime you think something is solid and you can count on it, something can come along and take it all away in a heartbeat.

Did it take all the machinery with it? Or mostly stock?
Ameanman

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2002 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, must have been a huge fire to take that whole place down. The metal beams were burned down and all? How quick is the fire response in that area? Considering that its Canada it must be pretty secluded...
PondScum007

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2002 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh man sorry to hear that... big fires are nothing to scoff at; just a few months ago i was at my aunts house in south jersey and a hay baler caught on fire and lit up a few acres of the hay...driving by the smoldering fields is a hard shake back into reality, where after a napalm rocket you dont just go back to the respawn...
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2002 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROOFCUTTER wrote:
Now that really sucks, Im so glad it was not your place.

Everytime you think something is solid and you can count on it, something can come along and take it all away in a heartbeat.

Did it take all the machinery with it? Or mostly stock?

So so true Roof Machinery, forklifts gone. It's like, "and now I don't want this to come across in the wrong way", like a minature WTC scene and I stress minature. 3 acres of rubble, only charcol, machinery frames and ash left. The fire was out of control until water bombers came in and they are probably what saved us. It only took 15 minutes for all there building to be leveled and 1/2 dozen fire-fighters had to jump of the roofs AS they were collasping, can you imagine how they felt. There firemens ladder is still laying there just a twisted piece of junk. The building went down and it created a huge fire ball instantly. Thank god NO ONE was hurt. The whole thing was over in a matter of 7 hours.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2002 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is just amazing that no one was hurt and no further damage was done. I'm glad to hear that you came out of it with just a reality check. A picture does tell a thousand words.

God Bless You Blue Ruler
Gurrg

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2002 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fires are EVIL, all over the united states so much land lost, sorry to hear that blue, yes, glad no one was hurt.

The Ville-Addict----BR Site \/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
-=ITS=-GaladerieL[Vegas]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2002 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am sorry about your lumber yard Blue and i am glad that you and everybody from your work is safe and sound!!! Yess gurrg fire is to wood and people and can damge them greatly... it's sad to see that happen to the lumber yard...

I hope you get things back to order fully blue and good luck to u and your family!!!
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2002 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-=ITS=-GaladerieL[Vegas] wrote:
i am sorry about your lumber yard Blue and i am glad that you and everybody from your work is safe and sound!!! Yess gurrg fire is to wood and people and can damge them greatly... it's sad to see that happen to the lumber yard...

I hope you get things back to order fully blue and good luck to u and your family!!!

It wasn't actually his lumber yard, it happened right next to him. It's a miracle that it wasn't his by what he describes.
Blue Ruler
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just found a picture link to the fire that happened LAST summer at work.
Anyone interested click on it and have a look

http://www.wilwaylumber.com/fire/

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Equipment can be replaced...lives can't. Everyone made it out OK and that is what matters. Sounds cliche' but true.

- PWG member 2001
- TVB founder and leader 2001-2004
- The Ville's Vegas Bashes I-V
- T.V.L. (Ville TFC League)
- The Originator of the Off-Topic Posts
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: