FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Them The Rules
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Meat Juice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 7:36 pm    Post subject: Them The Rules Reply with quote

I was recently playing on a sever in which one of its rules was you couldn't infect and run. I pointed out that I was no match for a fatty or soldier. The reply was, "Them the rules." To which I stated, "It's like playing with a handicap but I will play by your rules."

The short of it was I got slaughtered despite my best effort. That experience made me appreciate the flexability of the Ville's rules a bit more. Just maybe you had to be there to appreciate what I'm saying but it was quite an event. And that's all I have to say about that.

Kjeldorian Royal Guard 42

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couldn't infect and run?

You could infect though? After infecting, you have to stay there until they are dead?

It just goes to show how many different versions of this 1 game there truly are. It's like TFC with Monopoly home rules. Some allow free parking and some don't.

I bet there are some out there that say no jumping! Man, I would get kicked in 2 seconds lol. I can't stop jumping!

I recall playing on a server where you were not allowed (as attackers) to get on top of the buildings in Hunted. I was like. . eh? But it works for them. Little things like that seperate all these servers apart from each other.
=US-V= Member/Event Coordinator - Retired
<eVa> Founding Father/Leadership/Webmaster - Retired
Ville Admin - Retired
John Doe
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How aboot infect and conc outta there?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no getting on buildings on hunted!

i couldnt live like that. I go inside the first building, get health, then rjump up to top. no getting on buildings pfft
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have played on a server that had that building rule, probably the same server. I thought it was rediculous. I asked why and they wouldn't give me a reason. I just left quietly confused about that one.

God Bless You Blue Ruler
Meat Juice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was no problem with infecting but you had to hang around and duke it out. No conk and run either. However I suspect that conk and scrap would have been ok. Meanwhile I'm getting picked off by snipers at 100 yards. One of those sever contradictions that make you go hmmm.

Blown

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was on a server and they wouldnt allow you to conc/grenade jump/Rocketjump/pipejump with the flag. Basically they wanted you to just run the flag out.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
5th GHG E.G. Mine

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 'Ville's Rules wrote:
1. Respect your fellow players, don't be an asshole!!

2. DON'T Build SG's, infect, or hang out at enemy respawns.

If your not sure what respawn camping is, check out these diagrams that John_Doe whipped up. This explains it all. View the diagrams HERE.

3. Keep the bad language to a minimum. First offense is a warning, the second offense is a ban.

4. Keeping the teams even (remember we can put you on any team we like)

5. Anyone found trying to "cheat the stats" will be banned.

6. Please respect this server and the admins that run it. We use a very large portion of our free time to bring you this FREE service. In turn we will respect your wish to have a fun gaming experience, and will do everything we can to ensure that. We don't like restrictions and rules any more than you do, but until the lamers of the world realize that being a punk is not funny, we must ask you to follow these rules.

7. Anyone found running hacked mods, proxy bots, or any kind of 'helper' paks, or addons, are considered cheaters and will be kicked and banned immediately. You will also be reported to server admins globally for possible banning from many other servers. SO JUST DON'T DO IT!

8. Not adhering to the rules described above because you do not agree with them is NOT an excuse! As we live in a free society, we have the right to make the rules, and you have the right to play somewhere else.
^Them's the best rules!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dominator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remind me not to go to that server te he he, souds pretty....Different?
I guess you could say that

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

w00t The Ville!

*Props to Mad-Hammer on the Sig*

R.I.P. Blue: Gone But Never Forgotten
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ToRaK

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Odin's rules...
Spanish Warpig

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive been on that hunted server to which i said wtf are you thinking as i looked at the score aka sniper 8000000000000 prez 0 cause the snipers hade free range over almost the entire map it was just stupid.
Bada Bing

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mulder wrote:
no getting on buildings on hunted!

i couldnt live like that. I go inside the first building, get health, then rjump up to top. no getting on buildings pfft

ROFL no doubt if you can't take over the roof and ruins areas there is no way to win on Hunted.I've played on a Hunted server that banned for roof camping LOL whats the point

Are you threatening me ???
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
HELLZ

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like that rule about dont infect and run. I would play at the ville more if there wasnt so many infect meds that just ran around infecting. I still think the funniest thing is a med trying to infect a sg over and over and over again never killing it or infecting it.
ToRaK

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kill sg's by crowbar.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: