FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Hey did you know?!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rata-tat-tat
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 9:18 pm    Post subject: Hey did you know?! Reply with quote

Hey did you know that if you are driving through wet or snowy conditions you aren’t supposed to have your cruise control on? Well you’re not supposed to have it engaged while in these conditions because when you hit a puddle or hydroplane or hit ice your cruise control will kick in and make you take off like a bullet. Anyone who knows about hydroplaning knows hitting the gas really hard is not the thing to do. So when you’re driving through bad weather... don’t rest your foot and be aware!
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

, it's probably better that I don't ask why this came up.

God Bless You Blue Ruler
Dominator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Common Sense tells most of us that we should not have our cruise control on in dangerous conditions as such.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dominator wrote:
Common Sense tells most of us that we should not have our cruise control on in dangerous conditions as such.
Thus is most of the rules of the road.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BitterBeerFace

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehehe, those of us from the great northern tundra know how fun ice and snow is... find a nice big empty parking lot, and just lay on the gas!

I noticed that the lot I used to have fun in has a whole bunch of potholes and stuff now... I can imagine hitting an 8" deep pothole at 30mph, while sliding sideways... oh my aching alignment

***I do not officially sponsor any form of wreck-less driving*** hehehe

Cruise control is a bad thing though... especially in areas where snow blows across the highway... prime example: if there's a clump of trees on the left, and the wind is coming from the left, there *will* be a patch of snow that has settled behind the trees... that'd be just enough to get your car out of control...

Also, for those not used to driving on snow and crap... don't slam on the brakes! If you do, you won't be going straight forward anymore... your tires are better off turning and getting a little traction rather than just skidding along with no traction.

This reminds me of a video I saw... it was in Atlanta during an ice storm... some reporter was near a freeway talking about the danger of the ice, and a city bus went sliding by sideways taking about 3 lanes of space... I hope there wasn't anything in front of it
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
P0PEYE-VS-|vP|

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes its always good to do things they teach you in driving school sometimes they know what tehre talkina bout have a nie day
ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BitterBeerFace wrote:
hehehe, those of us from the great northern tundra know how fun ice and snow is... find a nice big empty parking lot, and just lay on the gas!

Now throw in a rusted out 1972 chevy caprice and shopping carts and whiskey and a southern california boy fresh to snow, cold, ice, ohio, and themuns humor and what exactly a good time is all about!

Weuns must of destroyed a dozen shopping carts not to mention adjusting the lines on that Chevy!

Its a good thing we could not find any cows....
Usually Dead

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

P0PEYE-VS-|vP| wrote:
yes its always good to do things they teach you in driving school sometimes they know what tehre talkina bout have a nie day

Driving school didn't teach me how to drive. They were EVIL!!!!
My dad is the one who taught me how to drive. Drivers ed just got me my license.

Just picture this, the only teachers who would do driver's ed at my high school were a bunch of gym coaches. So if you mouth off to one, you get this treatment:

"If I hear ONE MORE WORD out of your mouth, you're history! DO YOU know what that means? It means out of here! Hit the showers!"

I kid you not. My evil driving teacher actually said that to me, like we were playing football.

(But hey, I got my license now so who am I to complain? )

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dominator wrote:

Problem is some people lack the common sense imparted by nature in a mouse.

Example:
A few years ago I was living in Oklahoma City. We received about an hour of freezing rain before the precipitation changed to snow. The freezing rain didn't stick to the streets (ground was a bit to warm yet) but the bridges and overpasses were icing a bit (duh). After the rain changed to snow, we got about 6" of accumulation on everything. Next morning on my way to work, nice and easy and slow, I get passed by a souped up 4x4 doing 40+ mph in traffic (idiot). He is about 400 yards ahead of me when he starts across a bridge. That fancy 4x4 doesn't help so much on the glaze ice underneath the snow and he spins two full 360's, bumps the guard rail on the far side of the bridge and slides into the ditch backward. So where is this driver's common sense?

Common sense says drive slowly and leave plenty of space between yourself and other cars, yet in the snow storm here Monday night we had a dodo tailgate us at for 5 minutes--could not see his front tires in the rearview mirror he was so close--before passing us on a winding 2 lane snow-packed road!

where the name came from<---clicky
(+)ASSASSIN(+)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another thing to remember whereas 4x4 gets you better traction and stability on snow, it DOES NOT HELP YOU STOP ANY FASTER!!! You really need to explain that to all the rich SUV toting folk up here in chicago, they just dont get it,
Mr.Kason Allen

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try doing ice on a bicycle its fun..................for about 3 seconds depending on how good your balance is seriously
_-=Did It Hurt=-_
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I've driven my motorcycle on ice....fun
I had both legs out as snow runners..

Cool Sig by KRG. Thx

The Proud, the Few, US-V or The Ville Supporters (V$)!!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: