FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Take Out Anzio?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Take Anzio off tv4?
Yes.. Get rid of it NOW!
37%
 37%  [ 9 ]
NO.. Keep the map, I like it!
33%
 33%  [ 8 ]
Doesn't matter to me.
29%
 29%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 24

SilverOne
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 11:46 am    Post subject: Take Out Anzio? Reply with quote

Right now the rotation on tv4 is anzio, avalanche and caen2. I have seen many posts for and against the map anzio. It is also a difficult map to admin since its easy to reach the respawn areas.

Do you want it out? Keep it ? VOTE!!!

Couple things.. please don't recommend another map in its place. If it comes out it will be only Avalanche and Caen2. 2 Maps. The other maps with the server player limit just dont work. Maybe once the retail version comes out that will change if new maps become popular.

Can you deal with only 2 maps? Leave it alone?

"STOP FLAPPIN' THE YAP AND WATCH THE LANGUAGE" ~Blue Ruler
"Silver is Cheezylicious" ~MErf
(+)ASSASSIN(+)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

<--------stopped going in because everytime I tried the map was anzio
powdermilkman
Diplomat

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

get rid of it and replace it with something cool...like the one where one team is on Offense the other on Defense and the team on offense has to cross the bridge with tanks on i and take the defenses flags and then when you do that you switch over.

Powdermilkman
Fred Astaire

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im all for getting rid of it ONLY IF another map replaces it. If it is only avalanch and caen2 then your playing the same two maps over and over.
shockwave
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

powdermilkman wrote:
get rid of it and replace it with something cool...like the one where one team is on Offense the other on Defense and the team on offense has to cross the bridge with tanks on i and take the defenses flags and then when you do that you switch over.

Powdermilkman

That map name is "dod_schwetz" and is available on TV2. Just invite 19 of your closest friend and go at it.
Diplomat

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah i.....i love that map...that might get my intrest in going over to tv2...hmmm perhaps
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is definately a tough map to admin due to the respawn campers. I love playing the map when it's llama free. We've had some good fights going on there. However I would have to agree with Fred. If it is removed, which I would be for, I think it should be replaced. A 2 map rotation might get boring.

God Bless You Blue Ruler
ComradeNachaev

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fr3d Astaire wrote:
im all for getting rid of it ONLY IF another map replaces it. If it is only avalanch and caen2 then your playing the same two maps over and over.

I agree. I'd favour a rotation of a half-dozen maps (approx. ) so that there's a fair bit of variety - yet not too much. So if the rotation was kept constant for couple of months, most players would have had the opportunity of getting quite familiar with all of them, thus making it possible for a variety of good quality competative games..

Of course, with v.1 retail soon to be released, it might make sense to have all its maps running for a couple months, and then have a vote for .... hmmm, approx. half-dozen... for permanent rotation.

In case you missed this interview, check out new DoD_Kalt map, by the guy who made Caen. This Danish DoD site has a lot of good interviews and articles, imho.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: