FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Keeping the teams even on DOD
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sully
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 8:59 am    Post subject: Keeping the teams even on DOD Reply with quote

Hey guys,

I just wanted to mention to you DOD fans that I've run into several DOD games that had uneven teams.

Anyone reading this post is a Ville Reg, and therefore knows the high priority that Rob and the admins put on teamplay and fair games. We've had a nice influx of new players on our DOD servers and it would be a shame to give them the impression that we can't maintain a fair game on our DOD servers. This being the case, I'm asking you all to really focus on keeping the teams even and maintaining a fair balance so that all of our guests, as well as regs, can enjoy balanced gameplay.

Although this mainly applies to teams that have a greater than 1 person advantage, i.e. 10 to 7 or 11 to 5, I would also point out to you that your responsibility extends to 9 to 8 games (for example) where the 9 player team has a distinct advantage due to the talent of the team members. If you have only a 1 player advantage, but your teams is running roughshod over the other team as if you had a multi-player advantage, it is time to have someone go to the other team to try and achieve gameplay balance.

Since these servers are filled with the greatest group of Regs ever assembled, I know that we can do a better job of achieving team balance.

I thank you.

Sig courtesy of K.R.G.
cobra
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice topic *insert sully sound here*

i sure will look to keep them even.
powdermilkman
Diplomat

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 9:38 am    Post subject: I try Reply with quote

I try my best to keep teams even. I often switch teams to keep a balance no matter if it is a 2 person difference or a gameplay difference. Team balance is very important to me as well because it is no fun to pick on people who only have a handful of players when you have double their team.
The Nanite
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it just me? It seems like 99% of the time when there is a big player advantage it's always for the Allies. Why doesn't anyone like playing the Axis? We all know their weapons are cooler.
Diplomat

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 10:24 am    Post subject: well.... Reply with quote

Bushido wrote:
Is it just me? It seems like 99% of the time when there is a big player advantage it's always for the Allies. Why doesn't anyone like playing the Axis? We all know their weapons are cooler.

It's the opposite when i play everyone wants to be axis and i switch over to allies which on avalanche i can't stand.

Powdermilkman #Beer
PondScm007

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i always choose axis at the beginning of a round, but will grudgingly relinquish my high-quality german engineered piece of hardware that is my scoped k98 and use hte POS commie sniper rifle if the teams get uneven... ;>

BR, yo
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
5th GHG E.G. Mine

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm auto-assign everytime. I once had to switch about 4 times and people were starting to complain. I told 'em I was just keeping the teams even. They shut up pretty quick after that. All for fair play.
Fonky

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

People playing Allies on avalanch start dropping like flies if Axis is interested in capping flags or throwing grenades. Not to mention the fact that you can spawncamp Allied spawn and not Axis. That has got to be the shittiest DoD map ever. Very lopsided. Can we please have more than two maps on the rotation?
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

..... i looove avalanche , and most times i'm allies. i've won both ways and sure the axis can be cheap and camp, but there are always ways around it.. unless theya re compelte llamas, which case they will be banned or atleast kicked and maybe they'll learn

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you guys havent already, you can set the server to mp_teamlimit 1, that will stop someone who is joining the server from joining the team with more players, it wont help if people quit but at least it will help with the people joining the server, the number you choose is how many extra players one side can have, 0 means no limit, 1 means either side can have one extra player, 2 is two extra players and so on. Just food for thought.
Replica
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the info Gen. BadAss, hope to see yah soon and frag/chomp/snipe yah soon, ahve a ncie day...

psst, this was my gala impression, whatcha think.... lol
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gizanked wrote:
thanks for the info Gen. BadAss, hope to see yah soon and frag/chomp/snipe yah soon, ahve a ncie day...

psst, this was my gala impression, whatcha think.... lol

very nice.
Replica
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone else got the info, the low down, their 2 cents, the input, constructive criticism???? lol, hows bout from gala herself?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gizanked wrote:
..... i looove avalanche , and most times i'm allies. i've won both ways and sure the axis can be cheap and camp, but there are always ways around it.. unless theya re compelte llamas, which case they will be banned or atleast kicked and maybe they'll learn

My experience with Avalanche is the following:
4-5 grenadier in axis, placing themeselves in windows and on the church, picking every allies players trying to climb the street. Then Axis throws grenades down the street, 2 by grenadiers.

THere is no other way than climbing the street to get inside buildings, so allies are easy targets. Oh, there is that window you can take, but you will get picked by snipers very fast.

I played both side, depending of number of players in teams. And based on this gameplay experience, Avanlanche sucks for allies. From now on, I will always make the team UNEVEN on this map, trying to get allies with at least 2-3 players advantage.

Rock2..... JUST SAY NO!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Fred Astaire

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the allies do have the advantage at caen2 though. they can easily get to the buidling by the second to last capture point on the axis side and camp, since the maps arent the same for both ends,unlike most tfc maps, one side will always have an advantage
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: