FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
my first cheater?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paddyjack

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 9:46 am    Post subject: my first cheater? Reply with quote

Well last night I'm pretty sure I caught someone cheating, name was [IRA] Boondocksaint, something like that anyway. I was already suspicious, but here what happened.

I was crouching in an alley in Caen, waiting for him to come. It was a duel, because we both knew the other was in the alley. Then I see him (rifleman) jump in front of me, and while in the air shoot me. First of all that jump was VERY high, but then maybe there is a bhop-like trick in this game too. But one thing I'm sure, you can't fire while in the air. It simply doesn't work, like a TFC sniper.

So, next time I see him, I will follow him around. SPEC is allowed in DoD. I will record it.

Unless I'm a noob (which I am in fact ) and you guys know there is a trick permitting that?

Rock2..... JUST SAY NO!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
The Nanite
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I jump and fire in the air all the time. I usually use an automatic weapon and not a rifle. So it is possible but I don't know about the weapon you saw him using. How high is high? Like he jumped off a box or conc jump high?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bushido wrote:
Well I jump and fire in the air all the time. I usually use an automatic weapon and not a rifle. So it is possible but I don't know about the weapon you saw him using. How high is high? Like he jumped off a box or conc jump high?

Well, it was the rifle, I tried myself but it doesn't work, unless i'm missing something. And not conc jump high, but like he jumped a box, yes.

I don't know, maybe I'm wrong. Watch for him though

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
powdermilkman
Diplomat

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 10:22 am    Post subject: well... Reply with quote

Not to say he wasn't cheatting but ive actually killed a couple people while jumping....it was very very hard to do and i don't know if i could do it again but i know i did. I think the sucker just got lucky thats all.

Powdermilkman #Beer
Paddyjack

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 10:26 am    Post subject: Re: well... Reply with quote

powdermilkman wrote:
Not to say he wasn't cheatting but ive actually killed a couple people while jumping....it was very very hard to do and i don't know if i could do it again but i know i did. I think the sucker just got lucky thats all.

Powdermilkman #Beer

CHEETUR!!

With the riffle?? I tried several to shoot when jumping, but the trigger doesn't work. Maybe I'm *reaaly* a noob then

SpeCies

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOD is a hard map to bust somebody cheating. I mean, I got shot thru one of the 7ft wide pillars lastnight in Caan. You can shoot while jumping so I don't discredit anything in this mod as far as cheats go. The creators fudged it up so I just keep my mouth shut.
powdermilkman
Diplomat

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 12:29 pm    Post subject: Re: well... Reply with quote

I am not smart enough to cheat Paddyjack

anyway i'll try to recreate shooting in air and killing people next time your in the game with me...we will go off to the side and i will see what i can do. ALso Species is correct in DOD almost anything goes. Half the time when you think someone is cheating they are just getting the most lucky shot in the history of luck or they are in free look mode when they are dead and look around the map for people hidden or just anyone and when they respawn head straight for ya and it seems like they are cheating.

powdermilkman #Beer
Paddyjack

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 12:44 pm    Post subject: Re: well... Reply with quote

powdermilkman wrote:
I am not smart enough to cheat Paddyjack

anyway i'll try to recreate shooting in air and killing people next time your in the game with me...we will go off to the side and i will see what i can do. ALso Species is correct in DOD almost anything goes. Half the time when you think someone is cheating they are just getting the most lucky shot in the history of luck or they are in free look mode when they are dead and look around the map for people hidden or just anyone and when they respawn head straight for ya and it seems like they are cheating.

powdermilkman #Beer

Yeah, even me last night I got 2 guys on top of the church with only one karbine shot I think I was the first to be surprised

In fact, now thinking about it.... I wonder what these 2 guys were doing so close together up there.... they were 2 TVB members btw.... for 10 $ I will say the names

Kjeldorian Royal Guard 42

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He may not have been zoomed in.

I have killed people without zooming in with the sniper rifle in the air.

Plus, account for lag! It plays a huge part in "WTF" in DOD!
=US-V= Member/Event Coordinator - Retired
<eVa> Founding Father/Leadership/Webmaster - Retired
Ville Admin - Retired
sgt stutter
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddyjack-VS wrote:
Quote:
Yeah, even me last night I got 2 guys on top of the church with only one karbine shot I think I was the first to be surprised

In fact, now thinking about it.... I wonder what these 2 guys were doing so close together up there.... they were 2 TVB members btw.... for 10 $ I will say the names

CHEETUR!!

j/k

These were the guys

I was one of the guys you shot I even asked how you did that, it has happened to me also.
Have not tried jumping and shooting with rifle yet but will next time I am in game.

click--><eVa>SuperGreg

R.I.P Trigger Happy
Paddyjack

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sgt stutter wrote:
it has happened to me also.

CHEETUR!!

sgt stutter wrote:
Have not tried jumping and shooting with rifle yet but will next time I am in game.

The karbine btw, not the sniper rifle. I think several ppl will now try this

gindapoo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kjeldorian Royal Guard wrote:
Plus, account for lag! It plays a huge part in "WTF" in DOD!

Uh, yes.

In fact a couple of times it took several seconds for my WTF to actually appear on screen.

where the name came from<---clicky
(+)ASSASSIN(+)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive shot multiple peeps with one karbine bullet, keep in mind that gun is the most powerful gun in this mod. as for jumping and shooting with the allied rifle im not sure, I dont use the rifles. I also havent had any problems with lag lately, but I havent had much time to play either.
private344

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off: you guys have a great server with really cool people in it. Keep up the good job.

As for "shooting while jumping", well, its a reality. U'd be surprised at how efficient a garand can be while jumping at short / medium range. It takes a while to pick up but once u do u wont regret it. the DOD team tried to prevent the players from shooting while jumping but they failed. You can shoot while jumping with any weapon in this game (aside from scoped rifles). You can also be prone and advance while shooting but only with automatics.
Paddyjack

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

private344 wrote:
First off: you guys have a great server with really cool people in it. Keep up the good job.

As for "shooting while jumping", well, its a reality. U'd be surprised at how efficient a garand can be while jumping at short / medium range. It takes a while to pick up but once u do u wont regret it. the DOD team tried to prevent the players from shooting while jumping but they failed. You can shoot while jumping with any weapon in this game (aside from scoped rifles). You can also be prone and advance while shooting but only with automatics.

Well I will take your word for granted on this Priv344, I know your proficiency with that weapon Welcome to The Ville board.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: