FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
EXTRA! YourPowersAreWeakOldMan to Flash TheVille.Org!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
YourPowersAreWeakOldMan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2001 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's right you heard me! I am going to Flash TheVille.org. Flash as in Marcromedia's Flash 5, not the kind your dirty minds were thinking of geez

Anyways I've been thinking of this Idea for a while, to make a Flash intro or Running banner at the top for TheVille.org featuring scenes from the game hand done by myself, not screenshots. I assure you it'd be good quality.

What do you think of this Rob since you're the one in charge here I figured I better run it by you first and foremost before even getting started.

I'm open to ideas and suggestions, The Idea I have so far would be like a movie trailer of sorts, I even thought about including "likenesses" of TV.org regulars or something of that fashion, how I, or the player imagines their character looking in this virtual world, I've drawn a few concept sketches already. I have a civil war style General Lee carrying a bazooka, a cartoonish rendition of a robotic HW guy for myself, a Mokey holding a SniperRifle for Monkeyeye, and for the CyCo's I imagine a really stressed out grizzly duo sporting bulging veins bloodshot eyes and crazy hair. I also have the storyboard layed out in my mind roughly.

I'd love to hear comments and suggestions about how you'd like to see it in the final production, that is if it ever gets to go there.... *looks to the Mayor*

John Doe
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2001 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds interesting to me, Rob be away for several days but go ahead with it, I am sure he will be interested in your idea.

JD
Bakuryu

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2001 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds great. most ville regulars can be characterized by something. I have a few dieas for people. lol don't draw a twinkie for twink though. it's fitting but a twinkie holding a knife or ac might look odd. Snakeyes could be a guy in suit with a cobra tatoo on his arm and black shades. For maian just look at anything involing perfect dark and look for the maians. For me all you need is a picture from the game bloody roar 2 of Bakuryu.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
omega_initiative

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2001 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geez, i don't know what could characterize me, since i came up with my name because it sounds cool and doesn't mean anything. I know I like to play engie, sniper and/or spy. What about some kind of buff but evil engie look? Anything cool well be fine you know?!
YourPowersAreWeakOldMan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2001 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, those are some good suggestions, and actually I think the Twinkie with the knife would be really cool

I need as much input as possible so I can make this something for the whole site to enjoy, and also to show off to newcomers and what TheVilles is like so they can feel right at home.
The actually project probably wont begin until I have a good idea of what I want to accomplish, I see about 20 hours of flash time also required to make a real nice animation. I'm going to try to fit this into my schedual around school but I want to do it so look for it in the next couple of weeks.
SuperZero

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2001 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope you aren't biting off more than you can chew...it's an awesome idea, but there's so many regulars! And some of us don't even really have a primary class anymore here, so that makes it even tougher.

Good luck...sounds incredible!

Axa

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2001 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still have a Flash movie about TFC on my drive - about 1,2 megs - I think I got it off iamhalflife or something, its pretty cool - if you are interested, and can handle a 1,1 meg email, lemme know and I will fwd it.

Stay cool
axa@carolina.rr.com

http://www.melenie.com
The Axacam® - Now more popular than pr0n
BoneHead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2001 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've said it before... You are DA MAN! Great idea. Some of da Pimps have been working on flash movies as well, if you have any questions I'm sure they would be happy to help.

YourPowersAreWeakOldMan for Prez!!

JohnCarterofMars

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2001 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bring it on! I like flash movies and maybe it will make the top ten at newgrounds.com, thus giving the ville some really good publicity! At one time Roberto and I were talking about getting a Flash put together for the'ville, but never got it off the ground. Good luck and if you need anything, just ask!

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
YourPowersAreWeakOldMan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2001 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I never thought of it going there..that'd be cool if it did go top 10!
Some revisions I've already come across while working on some of the concepts here and there in flash last night, the thing about the regulars is going to have to be kept to a minimum if even at all since, Like SeperZero said, and I thought before, There are alot of us, and then it'd become too much of an "inside" thing for newbies to the site to understand.

And Yes, I was going to ask about some favors too from the Admins since only they can do this, I need reference pics of Avanti, the cap points from the air and unique angles like that, I'm doing what I can on the ground, and leaping off of tall things while hitting the screen capture button .

My layout so far:
I'm starting out with a manilla folder, beat up coffe cup stains, papers hanging out, you know, with a the label "TheVille" on the tab, and "Special Projects" in all caps, stencil type font across the front, I'm going to put some sort of transition there and start having short flashes of the cap points, between flashes of key things on each player, a closeup of a wrench tightening a bolt on something mechanical (Sentry Gun), The spy in the shadows the "camera slides down his arm to show the knife ready, Closeup of the eye of a sniper then pans across to the scope and laser sight flashes in the "camera", The AC of a HW guy, showing his hands tighten on the grips, and the Barrel spinning up, the barrel of the flame thrower off, then the pilot flame with a woomf ignites ready to shoot flaming death on someone, then the thing will start into action clips after the 4rth is shown and the words Gate is Open pops up. Demoman blowing through a wall and a team rushing in strategically through the hole, Medic over a fallen teammate healing him, Scout leaping and doing all sorts of impossible physics defying kung-fu superfly manuvers holding the flag, The soldier blowing someone up real good with a grenade rocket combo. It'd wrap up while still playing action clips with the flag being stabbed into the ground at each command point with force till at the climax alot of happy flashy super crazy fast spam-like scenes of everything cultivated and the 4rth cap is impaled and the screen doing some sort of powerful transition like an explosion and when it dims or clears a still shot of the classes silloettes charlies angel style in black with a white background. The words TheVille.Org would slam or blast or fade into place, then the credits will roll.

So what do you think, hope I didn't lose anyone with that long writeup, but nows the time to speak up and add something or change something or whatever, if it's good you'll most likely see it in the final cut, and you'll get in the credits. Thanx for the supprt of this, It should be a grand production.

-YourPowersAreWeakOldMan

SuperZero

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2001 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is sweet, man...will there be any music? Some heavy guitar riffs would be bad ass. LOL, then if you did that, you could have a spot where the music changes to some little piano diddy or something while an hw limps over a bunch of caltrops (I just love seeing fatties on caltrops, had to throw that in). But that's kinda ridiculous so you prolly won't wanna do that. But music would be sweet (I know NOTHING about flash, so I'm hoping that it incorporates sound).

Thought I'd throw in a few ideas just off the top of my head: Bullet With Butterfly Wings (Smashing Pumpkins), My Own Summer (Deftones), Godzilla (Blue Oyster Cult), Iron Man (Black Sabbath)...those just sorta popped into my head cause they have slower/lighter intros compared to the main song (yet still sweet) for the character intro, then get heavier for the actual fighting...well, except for Godzilla...but that's such a quality song it doesn't matter, lol. A couple Rage Against the Machine songs popped into my head, too, but the language is a little over the top for a public project. And there was a Local-H song that I think would be perfect, but the language is way over the top. Too bad. I can post some more suggestions as I think of them if you want, or I can just shut up, either way

[ This Message was edited by: SuperZero on 2001-08-26 12:41 ]
LanceMantis

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2001 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it would be cool to have that flash with a song like Pinball Wizard(The Who), Electric Funeral or Iron Man (Black Sabbath), or something else.
YourPowersAreWeakOldMan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2001 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Flash allows sounds and music to be imported and played.

At first I was not going to put in music because it increases filesize/download, but since the popular opinion is yes I've decided yes. This also makes for a much larger dilemma than anything....The Song that will BE TheVille.Org! So many floating around, I myself have already gone through my library of mp3's and have quite a bit of really heavy songs with light intros. One I thought would be perfect for this that I have is KMFDM's "Drug Against War". Front Line Assembly's "Vigilante" and some other stuff. The song must be Selected fisrt and foremost because the rest of the movie will play like a music video timed to the music.
Maybe I should start another thread on Picking the Music that will be TheVille.org
LanceMantis

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2001 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just thought of something hilarious for the music. How about that Ballad of The Green Beret song? LOL

Buford Pusser

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2001 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or how about the theme song for "The Sopranos"..."Woke up this mornin' and got myself a gun". Just a thought for some part of the flash...maybe the beginning...then start in with the guitar rifts.

My 2 cents anyway.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: