FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
SOAPBOX: The Ville Feudings (Long Read)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FragFailure

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2003 11:24 pm    Post subject: SOAPBOX: The Ville Feudings (Long Read) Reply with quote

This is a neutral post. I will react to any flame in my direction from either side. I EXPECT to not have to respond again.

Here are the arguments from both sides without name calling, emotion, or drama involved.

Ville/Admin Side - 2i has been a thorn in our side since day 1. They are rude, crude, smack talkin, and team stackers. A few of them have been banned (some multiple times.) They are causing problems in our fourms.

ep/2i/(partial)njk side - Yes, a few of us have been banned. We've tried to intergrate into the Ville however we never get a fair shake by the rest of the populous. We get messed with and it's ok. When we do it...we're Satan. PM's, IM's to chat with admins never seem to get returned. I do know that Goat has asked me to get in touch with Rob about his bannings. I've told him to talk to Rob personally since he was the banner.

I have friends in game on both sides of the fense. YES it is only a game. I'ts also a game that has given me a new opportunity to now live in Las Vegas. There ARE people that we've all known for TWO years (some longer.) There are people behind the name and CPU. Come to think of it I've met more people from The Ville than any one of you. Actually that's 16 of you from The Ville I have met. This doesn't even count my brother DodoLurker or an old member of TVB (Paulxmn.) Every last one of you are perfectly normal and easy to get along with. The Ville bash last year was great. Guess what? It included a 2i member (Torak.) It also included members of TVB (myself, BRN, Warhammer, and AG.) It also included two independants (Quasimodo and Three Gunn.) WHY was a group of TVB and 2i able to get along? WHY did I get (generally) compliments on how TVL was run WITH seven different teams in it?

Simply because I might be a loud-typed ass at times. I however give each person a chance. I'm also forgiving of others if they screw up. I don't like liars, I don't like BS'ers, and I don't like people who bully.

This always what happens when one side brings up a point on a post in a forum. The otherside doesn't really comprehend "the point" the otherside is trying to make. This is fact. The otherside gets all worked up and ignores the "point" of the post and decides to flame and spew venom.

EVERYONE GET REAL!

I'm telling you as a Ville Supporter (Yes, I give money), as an admin, as both a NJK and TVB member. I get along with almost everyone of you. In fact some people knew of the feud I had going with KRG for about five months. It's been buried. Why? Simply there's no point to it. I'm tired, I work, I moved, and I have a real life. Why am I going to let an online player from San Antonio, TX get me all worked up? Why should he let some guy from Vegas get him all worked up? It shouldn't.

The fact is we all have one thing in common whether you like it or not. It is The Ville. I've seen current members of TVB, NJK, USV, 2i and PWG for almost two years now. Dahak, Mike Rotch, Rob, JD, JCOM, Roofcutter, Chen, VP, SilverOne, and many others I didn't include here.

I get along with just about everyone. Can't you? What can YOU do to be part of the solution rather than the problem?

I DO NOT WANT ANY FLAMEPOSTS OR I WILL BE PISSED OFF. I want solutions not flames and problems. Thanks.

- PWG member 2001
- TVB founder and leader 2001-2004
- The Ville's Vegas Bashes I-V
- T.V.L. (Ville TFC League)
- The Originator of the Off-Topic Posts
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
deadprez

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2003 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only problem I see with your post in the grouping of 2i/eP/njk. Clans have nothing to do with this, and no clan should be held even partially responsible. It's indivdual players/people and admins.

There was and still is people from 2i/eP that enjoy playing at theville that aren't banned, so I don't like seeing them all grouped together like that.

And obviously some members of njk are extremely respected at your server, so no need to bring the whole clan in this.

Frag......

¿Why does this mean anything to me?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SpeCies

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2003 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't personally know this "Goat" Frag! However I consider myself as much of a part of the ville as any admin here<Which I am not>But I've never been afraid to say what is on my mind regardless if it's a member of this group or the pope himself. If you step on my toes,well I am going to step back, And step back hard! To be referred to as a Communist by some joe blow is a slap in the face! If there was any compassion towards us that post would of been erased by now don't you think.

I know if the roll of this was reversed and the origin of that post came from one of us here ? It would of been deleted and an apology would of had to of been made on behalf of the whole entire tag imho.

Who was it who said a tag speaks, and represents all who wear it ? Sorry I don't agree with you You are right! We are all normal and have the right to voice our opinions regardless if they are good or bad! Shit does not stink until it's stirred. regardless of who steps in it.... I will try and wipe my feet off but sometimes it is unavoidable you know !
SanLeo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2003 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i noticed that many ppl from the ville started to dislike any one from ep/BBH /2i, they wouldnt care who it was. Thats very lame.

......and i guess that admin's didnt want to take the time or just didnt want to be probed wrong so they just deleted/locked, banned. by doing this they make it look as if they dont want ppl to see both sides, it makes it seam that they are choosing what they want you to know/think.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2003 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you did not know me and I called you a "fag" in game. . what would you do?

What if I constantly talked down to you about your style of play and class selection?

Then to top it all off, I talk down about your server constantly. In and out of game.

If it was your server and you had rules against being an @hole, you would probably kick/ban me.

These are just a few of the things I have witnessed "the banned" in question do from time to time. Were they justified? No. Ruining someone elses game solely because you are not having a good time is wrong. It is breaking rule #1 IMHO.

Don't forget about the new people! People that have no idea who you are or what server they are on. They are just soaking up the atmosphere we are providing.

Frag is right. This is all very old and dull. It's not exciting in the least bit. I think too many people drag the forums/IM/IRC into the game servers. then all of us have to deal with it in game. That is what caused 99.9% of this.
=US-V= Member/Event Coordinator - Retired
<eVa> Founding Father/Leadership/Webmaster - Retired
Ville Admin - Retired
hoaxie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2003 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will not stand in judgement of either side. I will make a single statement... and it is a fact...

The 'Ville has been a much nicer place since the bannings.

LONG LIVE THE 'VILLE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
KopiKat

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2003 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoax it seems that you and Frag have alot more in common than you realize... Anyhow, I too am nuteral to this, I don't like being called a communist, but I LET IT GO. This board is not a place for discussions on COMMUNISM. Nor is it a place for arguements between clans. This is OUR FORUM. Please, do not argue on it, let it be a place of peace. Thank you. Once again I shall remain nuteral with many of my fellow TVB members.

-KK

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2003 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frag you have spoken well and put some things into perspective. thanks for taking the time to write what you did.

It is just a game and it is meant for fun and even some learning. We (admins and regs) are not here to police the servers from 'bad' people. we want to ensure that everyone has a good time. This prittle prattle about who is mad and who got their feelings hurt and who is representing their clan and who is not, is all useless and getting nowhere.

UNfortunately, in this world many people need rulez, laws and the like to maintain a stable society. We have rulez that we do our best to adhere to on a constant basis here at The Ville.org. If anyone breaks one or two of these rulez, it bye bye time, period. Some are only banned for a week or two and usually it is discussed amoung the admins first. We are not trying to be tyrants or communists ( i dont think the person who claimed this doesn't know what the definition of communism is anyway), we are just trying to have a place where we are free of llamas and the like... Just read the rulez and see for yourself...

Quote:
1. Respect your fellow players, don't be an asshole!!

2. DON'T Build SG's, infect, or hang out at enemy respawns.

If your not sure what respawn camping is, check out these diagrams that John_Doe whipped up. This explains it all. View the diagrams HERE.

3. Keeping the teams even (remember we can put you on any team we like)

4. Anyone found trying to "cheat the stats" will be banned.

5. Please respect this server and the admins that run it. We use a very large portion of our free time to bring you this FREE service. In turn we will respect your wish to have a fun gaming experience, and will do everything we can to ensure that. We don't like restrictions and rules any more than you do, but until the lamers of the world realize that being a punk is not funny, we must ask you to follow these rules.

6. Anyone found running hacked mods, proxy bots, or any kind of 'helper' paks, or addons, are considered cheaters and will be kicked and banned immediately. You will also be reported to server admins globally for possible banning from many other servers. SO JUST DON'T DO IT!

7. Not adhering to the rules described above because you do not agree with them is NOT an excuse! As we live in a free society, we have the right to make the rules, and you have the right to play somewhere else.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mongoose_Slayer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2003 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well said frag
PondScm007

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2003 6:03 pm    Post subject: Re: SOAPBOX: The Ville Feudings (Long Read) Reply with quote

2 things...

FragFailure wrote:

Simply because I might be a loud-typed ass at times.

-haha nice

and

i was thinkign for an awful long while last nite but am not going to post my thouhgs, however i will say that all the problems in the world are a direct result of stupid people, and there are a helluva lot of them in the world...predjudice also goes hand in hand, and it does apply to what has happened, and what will happen, but HOWEVER!, i am so grateful of the people who are NOT stupid, and even more grateful i have found an amazing enclave of many of them, here ate The 'Ville.

(that 2nd post and frags quote are entirely different ideas heh)

TV ROCKS

BR, yo
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Violent Pacifist

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2003 6:12 pm    Post subject: Re: SOAPBOX: The Ville Feudings (Long Read) Reply with quote

PondScm007 wrote:
HOWEVER!, i am so grateful of the people who are NOT stupid, and even more grateful i have found an amazing enclave of many of them, here ate The 'Ville.

GG stupid person j/k

Nicely said frag, ya freak die frag once again j/k

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
JtH

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2003 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree totally. i was in a dod game the other day and i saw some kid ripping on some other kids mom. it made me a little upset so i said shut up to the bully. then i found out that they were friends and that they were just playing around. i was like sorry, my fault and it was over with. ive called people communists before,although not at the ville, and it was all out of fun. i personally get along with damn near everyone here and im glad. i also never had any problems with the people banned but i have noticed that a certain few has. i know that if someone called me a communist it wouldnt bother me because i know im not and therefore i take no offense to it. its like me calling you ghey or something. if you know you're not then no offense should be taken. but i also realize that some people take more offense to things then i do and i understand that the actions of the person recieving the offenses may have done what was right. i believe that it is not my place to say who should be banned and who shouldnt because i am not an admin. if i were then i would ask but thats neither here nor there.

i have been at the ville for over a year now and im still here. what does that say about the ville? the ville is by far the best place for tf and i will continue to play here no matter what.

jack

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2003 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KopiKat wrote:
Hoax it seems that you and Frag have alot more in common than you realize...
-KK

We have the same birthday. What do you expect?

LONG LIVE THE 'VILLE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
_-=Did It Hurt=-_
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2003 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hoaxie wrote:
KopiKat wrote:
-KK

so....ahh....you could give each other a brithday present then???

Cool Sig by KRG. Thx

The Proud, the Few, US-V or The Ville Supporters (V$)!!
hoaxie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2003 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

_-=Did It Hurt=-_ wrote:
hoaxie wrote:
KopiKat wrote:
-KK

so....ahh....you could give each other a brithday present then???

No need to go getting crazy, DIH.

LONG LIVE THE 'VILLE!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: