FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
An editorial

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dahak

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2003 10:08 pm    Post subject: An editorial Reply with quote

mulisha spent his time writing this, and I think it should be available for all to see instead of being buried in a complaint dept thread:

Quote:
This is almost identitical to high school. An over-bearing teacher and some students get into it and then its ALWAYS the students fault and no matter what, nothing can be done. I learned how to play tfc there, yet I don't want to play there anymore. Even though I'm supposedly banned, I could play within minutes and get an account in the same amount of time. I choose not to. The people I played with aren't there anymore and everytime I do, its nothing but bullshit. Most people only see my joking side, and those who see my serious side don't like it. I'm only serious when I get very pissed. I am very serious right now.

People at the Ville these days are very sheltered, more so than kids in preschool. They have no idea what goes on and the second someone challenges the Ville, they crawl out of their holes and defend without having a clue on what's going on. I just got fucking sick of it and I don't see why you guys aren't. You know nothing will change. I tried to do it when I was admin but instead I just got disgusted. To be honest, being an admin there fucked up my online persona. It showed me how people could be so twisted and not giving a shit for anyone if they wanted to do something. For example, Ktulu working with other admins to get rid of Chen's admin status and then him pm'ing me about it laughing.

It is that kind of shit people don't hear about but I did. Hell, you may think I'm an ass, so be it. I honestly don't care. Would I like to play at the Ville back when it was what it used to be? Yes I would but I don't see it moving that way.

For Rob, I know this is your "baby" but lighten up a little bit. Don't you remember what it was like being a teenager? I know you hate me with a passion and like I mentioned earlier, I really don't care but it is not fair that you banned others for what I and a selected few did. Goat and Snag were in no way invovled with your saying. I promise on that. You probably won't listen to me but it doesn't hurt trying.

To the people I have known in tfc, some of you like me, some of you don't. I have been an asshole to people from time to time. Life goes on. I am going to go to UCSD, got a 1410 on my SAT, and have an awesome girlfriend. My life is great right now. At one time or another you have to realized tfc is a game. To be honest, I almost gurantee that the people who hate me have really no idea who I am. I don't put on a show like others do to be "cool" on the internet. If I'm in a bad mood, I'm gonna act mad, not this happy fairy. All this fighting is not going to help on either sides. To the admins at the Ville, lighten up and stop trying to impress people with your internet power. To the banned parties (this case Goat), I see no hope for you being unbanned just like I see no hope for me being unbanned. Who cares? People just need to get their heads out of their asses and realize this, life is more important that a fucking video game. TFC is really fun, but its not something that will last a while, your life will. Most of you need to realize that and go out with the friends that you have been neglecting or in some people's cases, go find friends.

This is just a collection of my thoughts. I am a normal teenager who loves to surf. This bitching to no ends will have to stop sometime and I just hope you guys are man enough to be the first. That is all.
ToRaK

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2003 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good advice - tfc is an addiction.
KopiKat

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2003 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well all I can say is Im sorry Mul. If your life is so damn good, why are you making it worse trying to deal with us? Perhapse you should stop worrying so much about whats goin on here. Just a thought.

-KK

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2003 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mul has been an @ss to me for quite some time now. I never provoked him in any way. I don't buy the conspiracy theory. There is no magic bullet. And the idea of changing something that works for hundreds just to satisfy the desires of ten or so, would be poor judgement.

Spewing forth anything about taking this too seriously goes against everything Mul has said. The very fact that he would bother to get this post up here speaks volumes for his involvement in TFC. It's more than just a game to him too.

Enough of this anti-Ville crap. No one wants to hear this. I'm sick of hearing it. The forums have been great until these last few posts.

Leave and all your Ville worries are gone. Be sure to throw some remarks my way on your way out.

Thank you

ps. None of that towards you at all dahak.
=US-V= Member/Event Coordinator - Retired
<eVa> Founding Father/Leadership/Webmaster - Retired
Ville Admin - Retired
John Doe
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2003 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No disrespect intented towards Dahak but I am locking this thread.

People who have been banned have been banned for reasons, I cant remember what all the reasons may have been and I dont need to be bothered trying to dig through the admin forums looking for the various discussions that would have taken place.

IMHO its simple, if you play at the Ville and enjoy it then please respect the house rules. We ask people to not be assholes, perhaps they dont know what we mean by saying that. Were not trying to make you change who you are but when your here were expecting you to fit into our gamestyle and not yours.

I have seen people say all the abusive posting and such is just spam in fun but I really dont know how to tell the difference between when your having fun spamming and when your serious.

Enjoy the Ville people, its a rare place compared to alot of other TFC environment.

JD
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: