FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Map Rotation

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
(+)ASSASSIN(+)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 1:31 pm    Post subject: Map Rotation Reply with quote

Any way we could have either Schwetz or Heateu added to one of the servers rotation? just curious what everyone thinks about either of these 2?
The Nanite
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen Schwetz come up on one of the servers. It's the one I kept getting to play wiht Rata on. I realize that doesn't tell you which one but hey I'm not sure either.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schwetz is the map where there is an attacking and defending team with the bridge in the middle, and you switch off after a set amount of time or someone caps all the points, basically its DOD's version of avanti.
Paddyjack

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a hard map for allies, since there are often 4-5 Axies snipers watching the bridge when trying to cross it

Rock2..... JUST SAY NO!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
merf
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think both of the maps you mentioned are part of the TV4 map rotation.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddyjack-VS wrote:
That is a hard map for allies, since there are often 4-5 Axies snipers watching the bridge when trying to cross it

yeah, and there is a big tree in the way lol
(+)ASSASSIN(+)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well its like avanti, it switches after all points are capped or time expires, so its hard for the attacking team in general. Ill have to check out 4 and see whats up, I thought there were only 4 or 5 maps in rotation there.
SilverOne
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both maps were part of the rotation. Actually we had all the default maps except overlord and the para maps. But.. since we did that on TV4 nobody has played on it much and it was empty most of the weekend and yesterday.

I reverted the rotation back to what it was last week. Which is the most popular maps.. avalanche, caen2, anzio.. and the players are back.

We need the servers to mature awile and grab part of the DoD player base. I would love to have a big variety but.. for now, ask an admin for a map vote or ask them to change the map to something else for awile.

I would be happy to change to a map outside the rotation if the players agree to it while im playing.

"STOP FLAPPIN' THE YAP AND WATCH THE LANGUAGE" ~Blue Ruler
"Silver is Cheezylicious" ~MErf
Paddyjack

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SilverOne wrote:
Both maps were part of the rotation. Actually we had all the default maps except overlord and the para maps. But.. since we did that on TV4 nobody has played on it much and it was empty most of the weekend and yesterday.

I reverted the rotation back to what it was last week. Which is the most popular maps.. avalanche, caen2, anzio.. and the players are back.

We need the servers to mature awile and grab part of the DoD player base. I would love to have a big variety but.. for now, ask an admin for a map vote or ask them to change the map to something else for awile.

I would be happy to change to a map outside the rotation if the players agree to it while im playing.

Euh Silver.... for me all weekend the server 4 looked like offline, that is why I was not there but on 7. And I know I'm not the only one, as somebody asked yesterday about the status of 4.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
cobra
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the server has been online this weekend. i even played on it.
SilverOne
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had 4 offline for about 15 minutes last night while I was adjusting the rotation and the files. Other than that its been on straight.

I know it was showing online on the ville main page through the weekend, are you talking about gamespy or another program?

"STOP FLAPPIN' THE YAP AND WATCH THE LANGUAGE" ~Blue Ruler
"Silver is Cheezylicious" ~MErf
Replica
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddyjack-VS wrote:

attacking is always tough on it. nomatter if you are axis or allies, but a few dasy ago my team won liek 1000 to 100... we got thme all twice and they only got liek 4 flags, ohhh well

Patience Grasshoper!! You must wait at least 1 minute before you spam again!!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SilverOne wrote:
I had 4 offline for about 15 minutes last night while I was adjusting the rotation and the files. Other than that its been on straight.

I know it was showing online on the ville main page through the weekend, are you talking about gamespy or another program?

Exact, I'm talking about Gamespy and also Allseeingeye. Don't know why it did that then

Fonky

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2003 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

caen, anzio, and avalanche = worst maps of the originals IMHO. Could one of the servers be a custom map server? During the peak hours, it's hard as hell to get a spot on the custom servers.

If one of the Ville servers went custom, I would be more than happy to make an announcement on the DoD forum.

Didn't custom maps make Turkeyburgerville and Avantiville popular servers?

Anyway, thanks again for bringing DoD back to the Ville.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: