FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
crosshairs problem

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> F-A-Q
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OpTlk

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2003 6:13 pm    Post subject: crosshairs problem Reply with quote

Ok, I know there are lots of other threads about crosshairs out there, but of what I found, none of them seemed to have the same question I have.
I've changed my crosshairs before, but I had 1 file called crosshairs.spr and had it in half-life\valve\sprites folder...
Now I know I can put my crosshairs into tfc\sprites folder but my two problems are that 1) my new crosshairs dont just have 1 crosshairs.spr file, but a .spr for each weapon and 2) I can't seem to get my new xhairs to appear in-game.
I've tried just putting the new ones into my tfc\sprites folder, but the old ones still appear. I've tried removing my old crosshairs.spr from the half-life\valve\sprites folder and just having the new ones in my tfc\sprites folder, but they still dont appear....in fact it just displays the tfc default xhairs. grrr
can somebody possibly explain the difference between the crosshairs.spr file and the individual .spr files for each weapon?? and where exactly I need to put the new files? I had forgotten how much I disliked the default hairs until now. feel free to post or PMfor any additional info needed, etc.

http://www.myspace.com/pvallone
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Darkath

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2003 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the new sprites you downloaded, there SHOULD be 14 or 15 txt files that come with it. There are:

tf_weapon_ac.txt
tf_weapon_autorifle.txt
tf_weapon_flamethrower.txt
tf_weapon_gl.txt
tf_weapon_ic.txt
tf_weapon_knife.txt (optional)
tf_weapon_ng.txt
tf_weapon_pl.txt
tf_weapon_railgun.txt
tf_weapon_rpg.txt
tf_weapon_shotgun.txt
tf_weapon_sniperrifle.txt
tf_weapon_superng.txt
tf_weapon_supershotgun.txt
tf_weapon_tranq.txt

Those files determine the sprite that is being used in TFC. If these files are not in your /tfc/sprites folder, the game determines you have no custom crosshairs, and uses the defaults. Inside of these text files should look like this:

weapon 320 tfchud04 175 20 80 20
weapon_s 320 tfchud04 175 140 80 20
ammo 320 320hud2 54 16 18 18
crosshair 320 crossac 0 0 128 128
autoaim 320 crossac 0 0 128 128
weapon 640 tfchud03 0 45 170 45
weapon_s 640 tfchud04 0 90 170 45
ammo 640 640hud7 72 72 24 24
crosshair 640 crossac 0 0 128 128
autoaim 640 crossac 0 0 128 128

The text in bold determines what the name of the file is of the crosshair. This is the text found in my tf_weapon_ac.txt, or my AutoCannon. The coordinates center the crosshair, and the crossac determines the name of the sprite to use (in my case, my AC crosshair is called crossac.spr, and its located in my /tfc/sprites folder). Note that different crosshair sprites require different versions of these files. One crosshairs coordinates might not work for another. If the person that made the crosshair didnt include this file, he/she has left you with the grueling task of figuring out the coordinates for centering the crosshair.

I've never heard of one crosshair.spr making all of your crosshairs custom, but I'm sure it could be done. To get rid of the ones you are currently using (the crosshairs.spr one) try looking for a text file in your sprites directory that contain the lines '320 crosshairs' or '640 crosshairs'. If it contains both, or one of them, delete that text file, and crosshairs.spr.

Hope I was some help.

^^^ Clicky

Last edited by Darkath on Mon Jan 27, 2003 6:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mongoose_Slayer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2003 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*kinda off topic but*
Optik your avatar scares me
cobra
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2003 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mongoose_Slayer wrote:
*kinda off topic but*
Optik your avatar scares me

that's optik, never saw that photo off him before????
OpTlk

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2003 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOH! as soon as I read your post Dark, I remembered that whole thing with the .txt files. Im sure I can get them working now..gonna do that in fact. Thanks!

and thanks mongoose! thats kinda what I was trying for

http://www.myspace.com/pvallone
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> F-A-Q All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: