FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
DoD Custom Map Night
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnCarterofMars

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2003 10:33 am    Post subject: DoD Custom Map Night Reply with quote

I have been playing DoD since it was first released and there have been quite a few changes. One of the best parts about this mod is the fact that there are so many maps to choose from. Back in the dark ages when we did not have DoD servers at the Ville, I would find myself pubbing with the folx at Mayberry DoD and Kustom Kettle. These two groups of DoD gamers are well known in the custom map world of DoD. They showcase new and revised custom maps constantly, as well as having a few resident mappers on hand at any given moment. They offer fair and well managed servers for DoD pubbers like you and me.

However, now that we have the capabilities, I would like to expose you all to the multitude of DoD Custom maps and get your opinions on them.

Maybe this will become a forum for the adjustment of our own server's map rotations so that everyone can have the best time they can while here with us at The Ville and prevent the server attendence from stagnating. I am sure many of you are like me, after a certain amount of time any map can get old, so you have to take a break from it for awhile.

So thats what I am proposing here ladies and gentlemen, a custom Map night on one of our DoD servers. I thought we might begin with bierville_b5 this week. Anyway, I will get the details hammered out and have it all posted here for your information.

Right now its looking like this:

TV DOD CUSTOM MAP NITE:
Server: TheVille.org IV
Map: Bierville_B5 <----------------------linkage
Date: Thursday, Jan. 30th, 2003
Time: 8:00pm Central

Last edited by JohnCarterofMars on Thu Jan 30, 2003 2:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
cobra
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2003 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

great idea. i would love a custum map dod server!!!
MunkeyEye
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2003 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds like a great idea JCOM! I remember pub-hopping with you the other night. #Beer

Count me in for that evening of barrel-rolling, beer-guzzling, sidewalk-puking fun!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Blue Ruler
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2003 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds great JCOM Will the server be passworded for the evening :-?The reason I ask this is because I find that offen the teams are clan stacked and/or Llamas are present. It would be nice to simply play once in a while with friends that play for fun.
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2003 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeppers! I'll be there just post the password.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2003 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue Ruler wrote:
Sounds great JCOM Will the server be passworded for the evening :-?The reason I ask this is because I find that offen the teams are clan stacked and/or Llamas are present. It would be nice to simply play once in a while with friends that play for fun.

I don't know Blue, if it is a custon map, you won't see that much llamas, as they won' have the map anyway

As for clans..... yeah maybe. I went to a game this weekend where clan NIA was stached in a team.... pretty unilateral game resulted

Rock2..... JUST SAY NO!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Fonky

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2003 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Llamas do seem rare on the custom servers.

I applaud custom map night. #Beer

P.S.- rebirth of teh BIER! ?
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2003 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got ole bierville installed and have run thru it on lan....lets get the real mcCoy loaded and lets get drunk..errr play
DaKon
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2003 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ill do it...nothing like shooting a man running with my beer.

DK
Mongoose_Slayer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2003 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like fun to me
(+)ASSASSIN(+)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive tried to play at Kustom Kettle but gave it up as for some reason it doesnt like my name and changes it , but there are a ton of great DOD maps, the one with the trainyard is good, but I cant remember the name as of the moment.............
MunkeyEye
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2003 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

** bump **

Get your frozen beer mugs ready people!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Paddyjack

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2003 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MunkeyEye wrote:
** bump **

Get your frozen beer mugs ready people!!

I will try my best to be there tonight

Rock2..... JUST SAY NO!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
JohnCarterofMars

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2003 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

all that is left is for me to make a beer run just before 8:00 pm central and then the beer supply will be restored to JCOM's fridge...

looking foward to it! If you didn't know, the link to DL the map is in the very first post of this thread. I am not going to password it so just have the map, a cold mug of beer and your party hat!

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
The Nanite
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2003 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there gonna be a password to keep the nonvilluns out? I'd hate to see one of us not get in cause a stranger is...
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: