FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
some DoD stuff ive learned

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PondScm007

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2003 1:47 am    Post subject: some DoD stuff ive learned Reply with quote

heres a few things ive found out the hard way the past week or so, hopefully helpful

- when jumpign into water, hold space so you dont hit the bottom of it, becasue if you jump out of a tower or something, youll take major falling dmg!

- never go prone underwater, or else you wont come back up (bug i think)

- guns dont fire under water unless ur on the bottom, but the knife does! whip it out and do some slashing!

(lol can you tell i spent alot of time as a fish?)

- make the prone key an easy press, becasue you are a MUCH smaller target, esp if you lie at the correct angle to whoevers shooting at you

- if ur sniping, for a quick panic shot crouch and aim at the groin or jsut try to center them on your screen...ive foudn im pretty good at scopeless shots from the xhair being in the middle of the screen as TFC sniper and whatnot

-dont forget to RELOAD!

-grenades hurt EVERYONE

-try not to shoot unneccisarily, becasue it realyl freaks out teammates (me!) when i hear bullets ricocheting off the wall next to my head but there is no enemy around

-when sprinting, press it so long as 1 "spurt" goes down, and let it recharge, and repeat to move slightly faster than jsut walking, becasue when you use your sprint thing it slows down your non-sprint walk a bit as well

-whenever you jump, land crouched so youll get back that juice fast

-if your chasing somone wiht the knife using all of your sprint juice never seems to make up the distance, wait for them to slow down or something then sprint

-dont fall out of towers (i do that alot)

-if thers two or more people at a door or window, its usualyl better to have someone go first and if you ahve more have em use another door to go and check if someone will be shooting at it, so everyone doesnt rush out and the enemy gets a full clip worth of kills (unless you are playing soviet-army style ;p)

-fallgin out of towers hurts

-when moving stealthily, try to avoid going off even the smallest edges becasue it makes your pocket change jingle and thats kinda loud

-if you think your going to need to shoot pretty soon and youre prone but want to move, move a bit, then stop, move a bit, stop, etc so your gun doesnt totally go down...it takes longer to get whever, but you are ready to shoot instantly...just going for it may be the better bet sometimes, so u decide how to run

-stay out of well-lighted high-traffic areas, becasue thats the first place people check for enemies

-if you get alone try to get to the enemy team's sniper spots, they are almsot always good for at least 1 kill before you have to relocate

-when sniping, dont stay in 1 spot if you think someone saw you, becasue if you kill enough people enough times they are guarantee-edly gogin to ignore all else and come junt your ass down!

-towers are there to stay in, not roll out of

kinda long, eh whatever...if anyone else has any goodies post em up!

BR, yo
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
_-=Did It Hurt=-_
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2003 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thx Pond for taking the time on that.

Cool Sig by KRG. Thx

The Proud, the Few, US-V or The Ville Supporters (V$)!!
Replica
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2003 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

th eproning underwater thing has messed em up many a time.. towers hurt. and if you fidn a non-siper spot, while sniping then they have a problem finding you. and if they can't find you that jsut means you can snipe them some more while they run around liek shickens with their heads but off

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2003 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fire in bursts not full auto. you cam unload a whole clip and not hit the enemy once.

*Props to Mad-Hammer on the Sig*

R.I.P. Blue: Gone But Never Forgotten
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
(+)ASSASSIN(+)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And dont fall out of towers, they hurt
Lil-Yugi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(+)ASSASSIN(+) wrote:
And dont fall out of towers, they hurt

#Rofl ditto

hehe I know!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SpeCies

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You did a great job Scum. Thx... I never worry about anything such as change "Cha-chinging" in my pockets since I carry American Express
merf
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good tips...did you mention that falling off towers hurts???
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: