FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Respawn Camping guidelines
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpeCies

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2003 6:46 pm    Post subject: Respawn Camping guidelines Reply with quote

We need a set rule on what's off limits and what isn't.. Tonight I was in a game playing on Avalanche. Everytime I spawned I could'nt make around the corner (that is sitting behind the 1st flag) without some opponent killing me. Am I wrong ? Maybe the rules on a players Respawn don't apply in DOD like they do in TFC. I don't want to sound like a prick, it just pisses me off is all. Can we get a basic guideline on the M.O.T.D detailing an acceptable boundry for this game ?
Ameanman

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2003 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Umm Avalanche

Boundary set at the corner after the last allied flag.

Basically Allied spawn is protected and there are two exits out of the allied spawn area in avalanche. (up the hill past the first flag, or into the bombed building)

Anyways the Axis need to go down there to cap the last flag....
Mongoose_Slayer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2003 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It can get really silly, once in (not sure of name, I think it was ramelle2) Someguy on allies was sitting right at the edge of axis spawn sniping people, as they spawned! You had about two seconds to run for covered or he killed you. Then he was told to stop and he said that respawn camping was allowed in DoD, but I don't think it should be allowed at the ville'
ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2003 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpeCies I think that your example is annoying as all get out but within the rules. You do spawn in safety and can choose to go two directions. I too have been nailed multiple times there. I will look at the possibilties next time I'm able.

The 2nd example is respawn camping in my book. If your getting picked off where you materialize then they are too close, and I would take some kind of action.

It breaks down to sportsmanship mostly and that you have a fair chance to orientate yourself upon respawning. After all this is not a death match.

SpeCies I did go spectator when you were having problems. But I was too late, they were either dead and gone or doing something else.

I'm playing under Jack Wesley in DOD.

Thats my .02 cents and will certainly abide by the collective decision.
SpeCies

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2003 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROOFCUTTER wrote:
SpeCies I think that your example is annoying as all get out but within the rules. You do spawn in safety and can choose to go two directions. I too have been nailed multiple times there. I will look at the possibilties next time I'm able.

Roof I appreciate your input, as well as the effort to catch the pions who were responsible. I understand the flag problem Roof and how stupid it would be to hypatheticly say, "You cannot shoot the defenders standing behind the flag" would sound I realize this. My complaint stems from enemas sniping from the corner, or spamming us with grenades after two or three steps(Too dang close imho)

The 2nd example is respawn camping in my book. If your getting picked off where you materialize then they are too close, and I would take some kind of action.

It breaks down to sportsmanship mostly and that you have a fair chance to orientate yourself upon respawning. After all this is not a death match.

Well, you are correct Roof there are two pathways in the map Avalanche..The problem is they lead you right into the corridor that I am talking about.(Instead of making a left heading towards the destroyed steaple it's just a straight shot)making it impossible to avoid if your being camped.

SpeCies I did go spectator when you were having problems. But I was too late, they were either dead and gone or doing something else.

I'm playing under Jack Wesley in DOD.

Thats my .02 cents and will certainly abide by the collective decision.

Roof I would'nt expect anything less from you or anyother Admin here at the ville. I just get so pissssed off at times over stupid crap that should not be goingon. Although camping is camping! I'll just shutup about it... First flags on each side should be disabled(As the boundery to where each teams respawn resides.(as in anything behind this is off-limits... Just a visual reminder)

I feel it is stupid to fight your way through enemy lines to try to capture a non-functioning flag Why are there two flags on every map that do not work? Enable them and disable the first flags and the camping problem is solved! Fly some Ville flags on the two poles instead

JtH

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2003 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

species i belive i was in that game. the same applied to me. i kept getting killed like 3 steps out of spawn.
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2003 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

on avalanche? ...those flags work unless i'm confusef by what you say, jsut cause you start with them. i'm really confused cause you do need them and all........ i'm confused
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2003 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Giz confused? That's nothing new. I haven't been sniped in spawn since the first weekend Silver had it up. Maybe it's the same players over and over that keep doing it?
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2003 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i already left 2 games cause off it.

in the 1st game (don't remember the map: the one where axis respawns in that small building or the garage and then needs to run up that ramp to get the first flag.)

well their where ' people on topp off that ramp that shot you from the moment you left your respawn. after asking several times to stop spawn camping i just left!

2nd game almost the same thing but on another map and only 2 people spawn camping.
SilverOne
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2003 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some flags require 2 players to cap. Thats what I believe you are talking about Species. When you are by one of these flags look up at the capture status you'll see 1/2, that mean someone is at the flag and you need another player from that team to be there too. Red numbers are axis players at the flag, green is allies. On avalanche the final cap requires 2 players.. so often you will have a player camping that area unitl a teammate makes it there.

All flag function.. just some need more than one player

"STOP FLAPPIN' THE YAP AND WATCH THE LANGUAGE" ~Blue Ruler
"Silver is Cheezylicious" ~MErf
Kazebari
Official Mall Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2003 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just to clear stuff up:

Species is talking about Avalanche
Mongoose is talking about Caen2 (methinks cause on ramelle axis spawn it's blocked off by a barrier)
Cobra is talking about Anzio

most of the maps in DoD have 2 ways to get out of spawn. If you see your teammates get sniped as they spawn, (and there's no admin around to boot the camper) quickly run to the other exit and double back to catch the camper off guard.
Paddyjack

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last night I did somethiong that gave me pause afterward.... On Caen2 I sprinted to get flag 5, while flag 4 was still axis. After I got flag 5, I stayed nearby to protect it, and actually I killed two axis players running to cap it back and then my teammates got the last flag needed.

So in fact, my action was key to keep our victory, but afterward I wondered if that was respawn camping. I guess not since I was near the flag, but still I was not sure, I *think* the respawn is not far off that point.

What do you think?

Rock2..... JUST SAY NO!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
The Nanite
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the only real respawn camping in DOD is sniping people or tossing nades into spawn. Once they come over that wall they are in play. Besides they could have taken the side way out and come out of the alley next to you and nailed you.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bushido wrote:
Besides they could have taken the side way out and come out of the alley next to you and nailed you.

Nahhh, they wouldn't, I'm too good Hey, James Bond would have gotten out of such a situation... why not me??

Hmmmm... never thought about it, but maybe James Bond is a hacking bastard with aimbots and wallhack . That's a thought....

Rock2..... JUST SAY NO!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
(+)ASSASSIN(+)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think what he is talking about in Avalanche is when your axis if you run to where the 4th flag is and go left into that building with the dark room, once you go into the bombed room in between the buildings if you and another person go into the pink room (back dead end room) , if one ducks you can jump on his head and jump up to the ledge with a window, that window overlooks the just outside part of the allies spawn, unless your an allie looking straight up when you exit you will never see the person up there. So I wonder if thats what he was doing, Im kinda torn myself as to whether this is spawn camping, Part of me says yes it basically is because once you run out your potentially toast, however ive seen Allied MG'ers lay down at the back of that alley by the tank and pick people off as they look out the window over the last flag. BTW in my example above that flag is BEHIND the last flag closer to allies spawn, its not the same window thats right over the last flag.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: