FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The Visible Man Project
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  

So would you do the same ?????
Yes! (Please Explain)
50%
 50%  [ 3 ]
No
50%
 50%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 6

SpeCies

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2003 11:30 pm    Post subject: The Visible Man Project Reply with quote

Hi, I thought that this might come in handy for some of you med students and your clinicals. This should strike you as an interesting topic and yet informative.

Anyway, The Visible Man is the Cadaver of a Death row Inmate who wanted to give back to society his life in exchange for the life of an old man that he took while robbing a house.

Anyway, let me know what you think. http://www.dhpc.adelaide.edu.au/projects/vishuman2/VisibleHuman.html
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2003 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is cool but really creepy. I don't think I could do that. Guess that's why I'm not in the medical profession .

God Bless You Blue Ruler
Hamese
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2003 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have heard about this project for a while. Interesting, thanks for the link.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2003 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

like after youre dead? if so, sure i dont see why not... i really dont care what happens to me, dont htink itll bother me too much heh

BR, yo
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mongoose_Slayer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2003 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats cool, but like brn said it's a little creepy heh
Blown

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2003 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd have to vote no, mainly becuase I wouldnt be able to ask a very important question. That being

Does the picture make my ass look big?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Mongoose_Slayer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2003 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blown65 wrote:
I'd have to vote no, mainly becuase I wouldnt be able to ask a very important question. That being

SpeCies

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2003 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

blown65 wrote:

SpeCies

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2003 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is strange. I would say "no"! If I was going to do anything with my body it would be put into Cryonics for a possible rebirth.

$28.000.00 for your entire corpse.
or the Econo package where they just deep freeze your head for $10.000.

Call Rudy's Cryonics and Sub shop to place your order today....

http://abcnews.go.com/sections/wnt/WorldNewsTonight/wnt010208_cryonics_feature.html
YourPowersAreWeakOldMan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2003 8:03 pm    Post subject: Humans Immortal? Yes and how. Reply with quote

I would go with no, I don't plan on dying. I read this book called 'Immortality' published very recently that was a scientific look at human immortality and if it were possible. It was a really good and interesting book about how human immortality is not only possible, but will be a realization soon.

In the book they covered several different strategies for human immortality, one of them being cryogenics...They said it was very unlikely that if the head alone was frozen you'd ever be brought back, and that it would be still very hard to revive and repair a person frozen and they would still have to cure what killed the person since they won't freeze you until you're clinically dead. Not to mention some cold storage facilities are not so reputable and let their freezers break and the bodies rot.

The book also went on to say that human immortality is possible and would be attainable within 50 years. Modern medical techniques are prolonging the human lifespan considerably every year. As of now the average human lifespan for someone ages 18-26 is 150 they estimate making the chances of it being prolonged beyond that greater every year you live, until it's prolonged indefinitly and will only end when you decide you no longer want to live, or you get killed by some other unnatural means (accident, violence etc.)
SpeCies

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2003 8:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Humans Immortal? Yes and how. Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing YPAWOM. It does make you wonder

YourPowersAreWeakOldMan wrote:
I would go with no, I don't plan on dying. I read this book called 'Immortality' published very recently that was a scientific look at human immortality and if it were possible. It was a really good and interesting book about how human immortality is not only possible, but will be a realization soon.

In the book they covered several different strategies for human immortality, one of them being cryogenics...They said it was very unlikely that if the head alone was frozen you'd ever be brought back, and that it would be still very hard to revive and repair a person frozen and they would still have to cure what killed the person since they won't freeze you until you're clinically dead. Not to mention some cold storage facilities are not so reputable and let their freezers break and the bodies rot.

The book also went on to say that human immortality is possible and would be attainable within 50 years. Modern medical techniques are prolonging the human lifespan considerably every year. As of now the average human lifespan for someone ages 18-26 is 150 they estimate making the chances of it being prolonged beyond that greater every year you live, until it's prolonged indefinitly and will only end when you decide you no longer want to live, or you get killed by some other unnatural means (accident, violence etc.)

thewz

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2003 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with YPAWOM. Screw dying, that's why Alex Chiu invented his immortality device

http://www.alexchiu.com/
Warhammer
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2003 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blown65 wrote:

I think the answer is, "No, your big ass makes your ass look big!"!

Usually Dead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2003 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We should ask Meat Juice if he'd be interested. After all, his sig practically is already one of those Visible Human charts:

In fact, his is even better! It rotates!

Last edited by Usually Dead on Tue Jan 28, 2003 8:01 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mr.Kason Allen

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

even if you didnt donate your body to it what keeps them from juat cutting you up anywy?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: