FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
DOD Camping

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
(+)ASSASSIN(+)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 1:22 pm    Post subject: DOD Camping Reply with quote

You might want to remove the camping setting on DOD since a big part of that game is actually camping, just a thought.............
SilverOne
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the suggestion

Will look into it.

(update : it has been removed)

"STOP FLAPPIN' THE YAP AND WATCH THE LANGUAGE" ~Blue Ruler
"Silver is Cheezylicious" ~MErf

Last edited by SilverOne on Mon Jan 20, 2003 3:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Nanite
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are we allowing people to snipe into spawn now just because they can see it?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bushido wrote:
Are we allowing people to snipe into spawn now just because they can see it?

im wondering the same thing...i know its different from TFC, but what is TheVille's stand on respawn camping in DoD? more specifically, someone shooting into the same location as we are respawning or waiting within 2 steps of our respawn? is this allowed? is there a certain distance from respawn before you can pick someone off? Wish, I could say I was just asking becuase I thought of it and not because I was killed repeatedly by this process. thanks in advance

http://www.myspace.com/pvallone
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
5th GHG E.G. Mine

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would it be better to increase the camping check time instead of removing it completly? Just a thought 'cause DoD has too many campers.

-Chan (Not E.G. Mine.)

Last edited by 5th GHG E.G. Mine on Mon Jan 20, 2003 5:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Spanish Warpig

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what ive always viewed it as is if they have to move before u can see them its ok to shoot them
Kjeldorian Royal Guard 42

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOD and Battlefield 1942 share the same characteristics. .In that, your constantly fighting over the same spawn points. There really isn't spawn camping if you think about it. You have to take all the flags.

If your spawn is no where near a flag, that's spawn camping and quite lame. It's impossible to be black&white about the subject in DOD.

Compare it to Warpath. . . . .I think if you treat every DOD map like Warpath, the same way you would in TFC, all camping issues are solved. Accidents will happen though.
=US-V= Member/Event Coordinator - Retired
<eVa> Founding Father/Leadership/Webmaster - Retired
Ville Admin - Retired
The Nanite
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But in the DOD maps I've played each side has one spawn on the opposite sides of the map. I've been sniped on the beach as ally before taking a step and sniped as axis before switching areas. I haven't played any of the maps with floating spawns yet KRG. I just want to know if they are going to be allowed to snipe into the static spawns. If they are I'll go ahead and uninstall it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know exactly what you are talking about.

Keep in mind that this is just how I see it.

The beach is again. . not black and white. I have seen people spawn, drop and take aim. So, if you can't attack spawn, you shouldn't be allowed to fire from it.

Now, mainstream DOD servers do let quite a bit slide. It's just the only way. You would be kicking/banning people every single game. People are used to playing that way when they come here.

It's really up to the powers that be. Good point to bring up though. I am curious myself.
=US-V= Member/Event Coordinator - Retired
<eVa> Founding Father/Leadership/Webmaster - Retired
Ville Admin - Retired
OpTlk

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spanish Warpig wrote:
what ive always viewed it as is if they have to move before u can see them its ok to shoot them

so it would be fine if someone was watching the edge of a wall in which the respawn is behind, and as soon as a player takes a step out from behind that wall, they die. there is not really anyway around this position...therefore you try to inch around the corner to get him first...as soon as he sees you...your dead again. This will be a short lived mod on my computer if this proves to be ok with theville.

Kjeldorian Royal Guard wrote:
There really isn't spawn camping if you think about it. You have to take all the flags.

If your spawn is no where near a flag, that's spawn camping and quite lame. It's impossible to be black&white about the subject in DOD.

I understand the point of having to take all the flag points, but in my situation...I was always respawning in the same location, no where near a flag...in fact the nearest flag we held was right next to the individual who was sniping us in respawn...if they had held that point and he was simply defending that flag..alright it might not have been as bad, but there wasnt' even effoirt being made to capture that flag...just snipe respawn. blah blah blah, sorry to rant everyone...just zero fun factor for myself and others i saw on the server when you can barely respawn before being killed single shot. i'll shut up now.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
OpTlk

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kjeldorian Royal Guard wrote:

The beach is again. . not black and white. I have seen people spawn, drop and take aim. So, if you can't attack spawn, you shouldn't be allowed to fire from it.

this is most likely because 10 seconds earlier they were killed from almost the exact same location...

SilverOne
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will take us awile to find out what maps work, rules, and even class limitations. Hopefully soon we will be able to regulate the servers better than 2 days in.

"STOP FLAPPIN' THE YAP AND WATCH THE LANGUAGE" ~Blue Ruler
"Silver is Cheezylicious" ~MErf
(+)ASSASSIN(+)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spawn camping should not be allowed, with the maps that are in rotation this shouldnt be an issue, nor with most of the rest of the standard maps. the only maps where this would be an issue are either of the beach maps but then their trying to keep those maps in line with what really happened. The DOD team says that on the website about how lopsided the beach maps are. On a couple of maps the spawn point will move closer to the middle of the map, if a specific point is capped. (IE the bridge) however still well behind where the main battlefield should be. IMO treat spawn campers the same as in TFC the concept is exactly the same and there should be no excuse for it
The Nanite
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2003 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply to our questions Silver. Aside from the couple of games I was getting sniped while in spawn it's really been fun.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: