FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Photo Shop or Paint Shop?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> F-A-Q
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 11:44 am    Post subject: Photo Shop or Paint Shop? Reply with quote

Which one is better? What is each one good for? I'm looking for a program I can use to make a website, signature, etc.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JTHM

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MS Paint

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Photoshop is good for photo editing, paintshop is better for making something from scratch. At least that's the way it works for me. I'm sure there are peeps with some mad skillz here that can use photoshop like paintshop, just not this noob .

God Bless You Blue Ruler
FragFailure

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd take Photoshop. But don't ask me about cost comparison between the two.

Tee Hee Hee

- PWG member 2001
- TVB founder and leader 2001-2004
- The Ville's Vegas Bashes I-V
- T.V.L. (Ville TFC League)
- The Originator of the Off-Topic Posts
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Mongoose_Slayer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends what your going to be doing. If you want to take photos/pictures from someplace and edit them to look really cool use photoshop, for making stuff from a blank file use paintshop, but if you get really good you can do anything in photoshop
Thom Yorke Obliterator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Photoshop rocks the universe.

Although Paint Shop is perfectly fine, and you'd be happy with that as well. It's also a little easier to get into. Photoshop can be pretty intimidating if you are a n00b. Or if you intend to pay for it.

If you are literally looking to create a work of art from scratch, take a look at Procreate Painter. It's specifically designed for "natural media" painting, and is a neat little niche product from what I've seen.

You'll probably also want Bryce, which is often the source of the spacey landscapes people use in their illustrations. It gives you great results even if you don't actually have any talent.
hoaxie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have Paint Shop Pro, Photoshop, and Macromedia FireWorks. I use a combination of the 3.

I cut me teeth on PSP. I think it is a great program to start out with. It is very user friendly.

LONG LIVE THE 'VILLE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
YourPowersAreWeakOldMan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use photoshop for everything even from scratch and I've seen many photorealistic paintings done in photoshop with just the airbrush. It's allover a good program especially since they added vector abilities in 7.
Typh00n

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hoaxie wrote:
I have Paint Shop Pro, Photoshop, and Macromedia FireWorks. I use a combination of the 3.

I cut me teeth on PSP. I think it is a great program to start out with. It is very user friendly.
Fireworks si good for n00bs, like me.
Mr Hat

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2003 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have all 3 as well.

I dont know how to use any of them!

In fact, I have ton of programs I dont know how to use.

If you needed help locating one of these programs, shall we say for less than retail, you could PM me and let me know what you are looking fer.

Hat

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2003 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

either one, but photoshop can do anything when you learn about it... id go with the photoshop and just toddle around for a while and read some tuts, thers bazillions out there

BR, yo
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
masterclif

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2003 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say MS PAINT. It rocks

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2003 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whatever you do, don't spend 500 bucks on 1 software. You can download them all from Kazaa for free! I have downloaded Macromedia Studio MX, and Ulead PhotoImpact (sic) with Kazaa saving myself over $1000, my brother has Adobe Premier which he also downloaded for free. The prices on these programs make it impossible for poor school boys like myself to even dream about purchasing them. Kazaa has been a lifesaver.
Ameanman

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2003 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSpaint!

Crude, cheap, fast, and free!
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2003 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monk wrote:
Whatever you do, don't spend 500 bucks on 1 software. You can download them all from Kazaa for free! I have downloaded Macromedia Studio MX, and Ulead PhotoImpact (sic) with Kazaa saving myself over $1000, my brother has Adobe Premier which he also downloaded for free. The prices on these programs make it impossible for poor school boys like myself to even dream about purchasing them. Kazaa has been a lifesaver.

Thx. I'm gonna get Kazaa. You have to donate $10 or pay shiping of $7, but it's way better than paying $400 for one program!

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> F-A-Q All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: