FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Tayconc Tips
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> John_Doe's Tip Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Buford Pusser

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2002 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It came. Fun map.

Dr.Lucky

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2002 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can always host a lan game and practice all your jumps there. That's the only way I can beat it. I lag too much to do it on a internet server 56k
SoDum

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2002 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, twisted, now it's time to give tips for all the tayconc_2 jumps, since that is now on the server. Start when ready. I'm waiting.

Stillness of Body, Focus of thought, oneness of spirit. These are the virtues of a concer.

The only man to boycott happiness!
Twisted29

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2002 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, I was sort of afraid some one would bring this back up....

I'm afraid I really cant help too much on Tay2. This is for two reasons.

1. Its hard.
2. My computer crashes when I get to jump 6 or 7 (complete boot out of HL)

I'll gladly post something about how to beat the first-helf dozen jumps or so, but then you'll have to consult someone more skilled the me I recommend Warhammer, hes a great concer, and I think he's jump about completed the map.
SoDum

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2002 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well then, Mr. hammer. Talk away.

Actually i never bothered to pass the third jump, with the moving platform, from the water, to the still platform, and then into the celing. I got too frustrated. So sure, you can tell what you know if you want, Twisted. It'd help use sux0rs that can't pass the third jump.

Stillness of Body, Focus of thought, oneness of spirit. These are the virtues of a concer.

The only man to boycott happiness!
Snaggletooth

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2002 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm working a concmap_csi tips thread...but only for half of the jumps up to the incline jump, and then the final triple conc jump....download it and you'll see what I'm talking about.
Goldom

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2002 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the final jump is the only one i havent been able to do legally... i just cant figure it out!
Snaggletooth

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2002 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which map?
Warhammer
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2002 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jolly Roger wrote:
Well then, Mr. hammer. Talk away.

There aren't too many real tricks I know of for that map. Mostly it's a lot of double concs. For the water to moving platform one, I skip the moving platform all together. I conc out of the water, then toss a conc out at the peak of the jump to propel myself over to the stationary platform. Then a regular nade puts you up through the teleporter.

I can't get past the jump where you go down into the lava then back up "backwards". I have to noclip through the fence on that one. And I can get past the waterfall on concquest_r easily, this one just gives me problems. :-/

A few jumps after that there's a really tall jump where there are three platforms on alternating sides of a massively tall room. Use a double conc to get up to the first platform, from there you can triple conc all the way up to the top. Toss a conc to about the middle of the ledge, then another into the corner, then prime one to triple all the way up.

It's been a while since I played it - it's far harder than tayconc and some jumps are harder than concquest_r. There are a few that I can't do, and some others that take me a good 15-20 minutes to get past.
Kazebari
Official Mall Ninja

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2002 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You tayconc noobs....taking hints from a 12 year old. eheh

It's quite possible on jump 11, 12, 13 to bypass them completely.

On the beginning of jump 11, throw a conc way on the edge. Then prime another one. Jump past the first conc so it propels you UP, but slightly forward. Then release your second conc like in a normal double conc fashion. It should make you fly up to the level above you.

The same principle can be used after jump 12, the double height conc. This will propel you up, up, and away to the level where you can see the soccer balls across the chasm from you.

Have fun!

(edit) and yes, this is a tip for the original tayconc. (/edit)
OBTUSE OF KILAAK

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2002 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who dug up this old thing?
Twisted29

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2002 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, chocobo...you're on the wrong map!

This is Tayconc2 were talking about not Tayconc!

Roger, for jump 3 I do use the platform. Just watch it from the water and use one conc to get up on it. Once your up there wait for it to come to a rest (momentarily) at one of the corners. Then throw your conc. If you throw it while the platform is moving it will just slide off. Once you get to the stationary platform, do just what hammer said. Hold on to a grenade until it goes off, jumping right when it does so. Itll throw you straight up.

Jump 4 is hell incarnate. But I'm getting better at it. I use one conc, but I suppose you could do it in more if you think it will make it easier. I hold the conc until the thrird beep then start my fall, releasing the conc about haf way down. Then I do a quick 180 to position myself and hope for the best. The problem with one conc is that you come up on the wrong side (the one with the fense instead of the opening). There is a ledge you can land on though, just be careful you dont fall off. If you do get onto that little ledge, heres a tip. You dont need to jump to avoid the corners. It looks like you need to, but you dont. Just crouch and ease your way around the corners. It looks like your standing on nothing, but it works.

Jump 5 is a pretty straight forward double conc. You need to make it to the top ledge on the far wall. You need ot balance your height versus distance on this one though, so you may need some patience before you can get it just right.

Jump 6 is straight up, must like the shaft jump on Tayconc. Just without that fan If you could get by that one though, this one should give you no problem. Probably the simplest jump in the map.

Jump 7 is the three ledged one that Hammer mentioned. It looks intimidating, but just take it in stages. Use the water pit on the ground level and a double conc to get yourself onto the first ledge. From there you can either triple to the third ledge of double to the second ledge. Usually I triple to the second ledge and then triple to the third ledge..but thats just me. Whatever floats your boat. I highly discourage the temptation to use grenades on this jump....plan on taking considerable fall damage.

Jump 8 is pretty simple as well. Just be careful, concs and grenades fall right through the floor! Use this to your advantage though and you can make the jump in one conc. Just use it like your free-falling, and drop it about half a beep before it blows...it should launch you all the way to the top.

Jump 9 is where I fall apart. Its just like that 'hell incarnate' one I mentioned before, just in reverse. You get there and you'll know what I mean. Anyway, if I miss this jump by HL crashes and I've never gotten in on my first try. Hammer has been kind enough to transport me past this one, and the same thing occurs on the next one or two jumps. I've played around a little with the latter jumps in this map and I can only say they get harder.

Good luck everyone.
Snaggletooth

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2002 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tayconc2? .....where does one find this map? I have just about every other conc map....but nowhere can I find Tayconc2.
Twisted29

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2002 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out

www.pimpswithgrenades.com

They have it in their download section.
Snaggletooth

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2002 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The page cannot be found
The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

Nope...not there either...

{edit}
I found it and a bunch of maps that make Tayconc2 look like child's play here
http://arvadamall.com/Sean/download.htm
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> John_Doe's Tip Section All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: