FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Doom III
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DJ George
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I have beat it many times, both computer and XBox (single an coop) and here are my thoughts

Game play is OK, it did give more story to doom, but over all notheing to write home about

Lighting - Excelent - This is Doom 3's strong point, it has the best lighting for it's game type. However it comes at the cost of FPS

Graphics - good - Once you take lighting away, HL2's graphics blow away Doom 3's. Just compare the models, you can see the ploygons in the Doom 3 models on any graphics setting, while you can only really see them on HL2's lowest setting, and even then it is not as noticeable as it is in Doom 3

Story - decent - It does give you insite into what is happing in the game, you find PDA's with logs and emails, and as you get closer to the Delta labs you find out what is going on more,

Over all - It is an ok game, I still think the orginal doom was better if you were to put them on the same level. If you have an Xbox, dont bother with the computer version, you get more with the collectors Xbox version (like classic doom I & II, and Coop Doom 3).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got the game about an hour ago. So far so good. running it in Ultra resolution and it is running fine.

Having to go on line to get a code is pretty funny :p

I see what you mean about the game scaring the bejebus out of you!

I would say that alone is quite an achievement.

I hope it stays that way all the way through the game
rANCOR hUNTER

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's scary the first half or so. After a while you see it coming lol. Pretty good game overall.
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 5:50 am    Post subject: Re: Doom III Reply with quote

Gamepro65 wrote:

3.0 GHZ overclocked Celeron
256k DDR Ram
Win XP
ATI Radeon 9500 (might be messed up from my overclocking attempts)

I think its the 256K of ram thats killing you, I have a gig of ram (2 X 512MB)
I dont know anything that'll run on 256K they dont even make DDR in kilobyte modules....mabye thats a typo and you meant MEGABYTES
but the lag is DEF coming from your low ram and your low end video card. I suggest a X800

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you think my geforce 7800 gt could handle doom 3?

anyways, i havent bought it and dont think i will. I heard it wasnt all its cracked up to be from many sources, and therefore, not worth my 50 bucks. Id rather go buy battlefield 2..... which im getting in about an hour.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

most likely your RAM, I believe the specs for the game require RAM in the upper 300's to run properly. Myself i had 512MB's and it ran real slow for me, changed to 768MB and it ran fine, so i ended up with

AMD Athlon 2200+
768MB DDR RAM
Radeon 9000
ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I run a 6600gt with 2 gig of ram and running in Ultra mode with no lag. So I would vote for Memory too.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: