FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
TFC Team Stacking
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bada Bing

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue Ruler wrote:
And just exactly why did so many leave TFC including myself.

Cause it is the same game over and over and over and then the super fast, or whatever you call it, bunny hopper's came and totally destroyed most of us. Call it team stacking or any name you want to put on it no one wants to get owned day after day. What I'm reading into Frags original post is just that. As many have already said if it's not fun no one will play.

Yay exactly I hear the bhopping ghey glitch will be gone in HL2 so at least TFC2 will be evenly based.Then again maybe they will release the code to everyone again so we get to put up with more ghey cheeturs Now if they will just firmly pull their head from their asses and finish/release the damn thing already.How long will it actually take after HL2 for TFC2 to come out haha they have said since what 98 TFC2 is coming soon

Are you threatening me ???
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Spanish Warpig

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhop = best ever
FragFailure

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeRotch wrote:
I'll use the round Frag pointed out as an example. Firstly, crasH isnt [njk]RC, and "uh" isnt lio.

The round started out on Well with only around 5 people. "uh" and I ended up on the same team from autojoin and on the other team was Albino, SparX and one or two other people whom I dont recall joined as well. "uh" started off as scout and started capping because basically, the other team had no defense. The members of the red team played yard deathmatching. I went offense a few times, and there was not a single person in their flagroom, or even really in their base. In this situation, how can you not expect to be capped on a lot? More people started joining the game, but basically, reds team was not helping themselves any. They had a soldier on their own roof shooting random rockets, some other yard deathmatchers, and one or two offense. I dont have a problem with people playing whatever/wherever they want or find enjoyable, but please dont complain about alleged teamstacking when the team losing isnt really doing anything to help themselves.

Additionally, "uh", one of the supposed teamstackers, was kicked by an admin present for the comment "gaw, you lose." The admin stated "I dont have time for smartass remarks", when the comment wasnt even directed toward the admin, but was directed at me, in a joking manner. The map was then changed by the admin to 2fort without warning or a vote. Soon after, the server emptied. This is not the type of adminning beneficial to theville tfc community, while blaming it on people for alleged teamstacking. That sort of thing doesnt accomplish anything.

1. It was within my right to change the map. I'll stand by that. It's been done before. I don't need a vote to end a map that's a drubbing. The winning team isn't gonna say yes to it. I'll change the map over and over if the talent isn't distributed fairly. I've done it in the past. I don't think uneven teams promote fun. This entertainment in the long run isn't it?

2. Some of you guys seem to blur the line between joking and being a smartass. Some comments can be interpreted as smartass. I'll stand by kicking him. I didn't ban him...hell he went right back to the same team up eight caps.

3. When something disturbs me something as what went down. I'm not going to be laid back. I'm still the same person as before. I'm just not on your side of the fense on this one.

4. With the teams the way they were. There was zero chance of that round being competitive. That's all I ask for is competitive. I can live with 100-50 or 100-60. 100-20 in seven minutes I cannot.

5. What type of admin style should I use? The let the score get to 300-30 and sit by and do nothing? I don't agree. Letting rounds like that go isn't beneficial to anyone. Unless someone's idea of fun is beating the crap out of some team to make themselves feel leet. I would assume that it's not.

- PWG member 2001
- TVB founder and leader 2001-2004
- The Ville's Vegas Bashes I-V
- T.V.L. (Ville TFC League)
- The Originator of the Off-Topic Posts

Last edited by FragFailure on Sun Aug 24, 2003 3:44 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ju!cy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i never care about score in pub caz i have a lot of fun
i alias caz i can SPAM!!! =) and no1 know me

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeRotch wrote:
The round started out on Well with only around 5 people. "uh" and I ended up on the same team from autojoin

What an obvious attempt to stack the teams so you can own the others.

Quote:
"uh" started off as scout and started capping because basically, the other team had no defense. The members of the red team played yard deathmatching. I went offense a few times, and there was not a single person in their flagroom, or even really in their base. In this situation, how can you not expect to be capped on a lot?

Silly Mike! Don't you know it's your teams fault! Don't Teamstack!

Quote:
More people started joining the game, but basically, reds team was not helping themselves any. They had a soldier on their own roof shooting random rockets, some other yard deathmatchers, and one or two offense.

You have to cater to them Michael. You are not allowed to enter the flagroom if they're screwing around in the yard. Don't you know that?

Quote:
I dont have a problem with people playing whatever/wherever they want or find enjoyable, but please dont complain about alleged teamstacking when the team losing isnt really doing anything to help themselves.

I'm afraid you are wrong Mike. Losing teams are blameless and cannot possibly help themselves. What an incredulous idea. You're always at fault. You should have stayed in spawn and hung your head in shame.

Quote:
The map was then changed by the admin to 2fort without warning or a vote. Soon after, the server emptied.

Well, what did you expect? Really, Mike. Hissy fits always accomplish the most! I mean, did you actually expect anyone to speak up and say, "Hey, will you switch with me so we can keep the score a little more even?" And didn't you know admins are forbidden to use their player color switch? You see, the scores affect the health of your mother. Losing can actually kill your family! Of course the map had to be changed, even if people wanted to play.

GAW, IM GUNNA LEARN YOU GOOD!

[/smartass]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont even want to touch this thread with a 10 foot pole but this needs to be said. People saying that bunnyhopping ruined the game? I just dont get that.... All bunnyhopping did was make it challenging. I'm far from leet, I cant bhop, I cant aim while conc'd and yet fairly regularly I play against some of the very best in the game and have a ton of fun doing it. Without bunnyhopping there would be little of no offence, the game would be 100% dominated by Defence.
DJ George
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I few weeks ago, I was able to cap frequently, because the other team was just playing around, and there was no real game going on. They left their base at no point really to try to cap our flag, and their defense was minimal. Now hands down, I am one of the worst regs at TFC, yet my team had a high score. Was it because I team stacked? After all, I was capping, and my team was winning with a large margin. Or was it because the other team was tring to get crowbar kills for fun? It obviously could not have been the other team tring to have fun in an "unusal" way, since no one ever tries to play it different from what is ment to be. I was obviously team stacking that night! Everytime I join and the map is Well or 2fort, usually they are just playing around, not taking the game seriously. May be that is what this comes down to, Some people are taking this game far too seriously, and tring to mold the game into thier vision of how it should be by claiming team stacking when ever they lose. Because a minority, with some power, want to be able to beat the majority, who have no power, at all times
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Paddyjack

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SHAFT wrote:
I dont even want to touch this thread with a 10 foot pole but this needs to be said. People saying that bunnyhopping ruined the game? I just dont get that.... All bunnyhopping did was make it challenging. I'm far from leet, I cant bhop, I cant aim while conc'd and yet fairly regularly I play against some of the very best in the game and have a ton of fun doing it. Without bunnyhopping there would be little of no offence, the game would be 100% dominated by Defence.

Well me I will touch it with my 15 inches dick... euh whatever I'm dreaming I have , and say that on a 5 vs 5, it only takes 2 very good players to make a score of 100-0 very fast, if the other team are not trying to play seriously.

Usually, I do not autojoin, in TFC or DoD, since I want to play a specific class (I wont go in the team with 2-3 engies if I want to be an engy), I usually take the losing team when I want to play engy (just because you guys can't really go past me on a good day.... ), or... on the previous map a teammate pissed me off by his way of playing and I would choose the other team the following map, or.... I see Shockwave in a map, and I will choose his team because I like playing with him, or I will choose the opposing team because I feel like to raise to his challenge and frag his sniping ass

In all these scenarios, there is the one where I add my l337 skills (!) to those of Shockwave.... am I teamstacking? NO. I want to play with him to have fun, period. And we often used funny aliases just because we were drinking while playing, or any other reasons (i remember using Private 43, him using Private 41, just because one regular player on the server was named Private 42 )

To me, it is perfectly natural, when you join the server and you see a good friend, to join his team. After a moment you switch.

I'm thinking that if you had waited 3-4 minutes more, the game would have equilibrated, players leaving, others switching teams, others entering the server.

One thing is sure, even if I'm losing 100-0, something that piss me off is an admin changing the map. It is VERY possible I was in the process to place my sg in a smart position to stop these incoming scouts... and then the map ends.... a pity.

Rock2..... JUST SAY NO!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeRotch wrote:
I'll use the round Frag pointed out as an example. Firstly, crasH isnt [njk]RC, and "uh" isnt lio.

The round started out on Well with only around 5 people. "uh" and I ended up on the same team from autojoin and on the other team was Albino, SparX and one or two other people whom I dont recall joined as well. "uh" started off as scout and started capping because basically, the other team had no defense. The members of the red team played yard deathmatching. I went offense a few times, and there was not a single person in their flagroom, or even really in their base. In this situation, how can you not expect to be capped on a lot? More people started joining the game, but basically, reds team was not helping themselves any. They had a soldier on their own roof shooting random rockets, some other yard deathmatchers, and one or two offense. I dont have a problem with people playing whatever/wherever they want or find enjoyable, but please dont complain about alleged teamstacking when the team losing isnt really doing anything to help themselves.

Additionally, "uh", one of the supposed teamstackers, was kicked by an admin present for the comment "gaw, you lose." The admin stated "I dont have time for smartass remarks", when the comment wasnt even directed toward the admin, but was directed at me, in a joking manner. The map was then changed by the admin to 2fort without warning or a vote. Soon after, the server emptied. This is not the type of adminning beneficial to theville tfc community, while blaming it on people for alleged teamstacking. That sort of thing doesnt accomplish anything.

^^What he said^^

The only person that complained at all was Frag. Maybe if everyone else was complaining, I'd agree that changing the map was a good decision. But when everyone's having fun and you change the map, it can cause people to leave, which is what happened. Or if you're gonna change it, at least choose a map with a different gameplay type, like warpath.

I didn't have any problems with my team screwing around while the other team capped. If this were a league, i would care, but not on a pub. I don't care if the score is 100000000000000-0, as long as the teams are even numberwise, I don't care.

BTW, I was that solly on the roof launching the random rockets, and I was having fun. Isn't that what the game is about? I took out a few enemies and a few flag carriers, but it didn't do any good because they came right back and capped, but I didn't care.

I thought admins were here to make the game more enjoyable to everyone. No one was complaining about stacked teams, so they were probably having fun. And when did you ask people directly to switch teams, because saying "These teams are rigged" might not get the attention of players capping and playing the game. Maybe "Can [insert name here] switch to the red team please?" would get their attention.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sully
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I can say is that I enjoy going up against the best players around here. If I'm playing warpath and some of these mad conc jumping scouts and meds that play on this server are trying to cap on me, I get a real kick out of trying to stop them. Often, I don't succeed, but I like to flatter myself into thinking that I gave them a challenge.

If my team is getting it's ass kicked, I generally focus in on what I'm not doing to win instead of other reasons why we are losing. If we turn the situation around, it's a very satisfying feeling.

As for folks aliasing, I don't generally do that, but occasionally it's fun to be anonymous. It also serves a purpose for me, since I can catch people doing bad things without them realizing that I'm an admin. I also get a kick out of trying to figure out who the aliased people are. I freaked out Chen a little while ago by guessing who he was just by watching his play style.

I would say this, though. I think both sides of the arguement have valid points, but I'm not impressed with sarcastic or hostile posts. Chen, you've said some good stuff, but you've taken this so personally and become so hostile that I can't see your logic past your poison. I mean no disrespect, I just think that we might all come to an agreement on something if we don't attack each other's positions so viciously. I don't mean to just single out Chen, but I think he can take it, so I used him as an example.

The goal here is to increase TFC play on the ville servers. To do that we have to provide an environment where people enjoy playing. Maybe we can acheive that environment if we put our heads together and discuss this issue instead of defending ourselves against real and imagined insults.

Thanks for your time.

Sig courtesy of K.R.G.

Last edited by Sully on Sun Aug 24, 2003 10:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Blown

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually its just easier to switch teams and balance it out. Warpath should never go 210-0 in 10 minutes. Thats just lame IMO. My best games on Warpath have always been 0-0 with a battle the whole time. I dont understand the fun in capping that many times in such a short time frame from either side.

My take on aliasing, dont really care as long as if you see an inbalance to the game, try and make it balance for the fun of it. I dont care if its 5vs5. Anyway, not like anyone cares about my .02 cents.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
`RaphX

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

omfg team stacking is for people like jtHm
Mr Hat

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Said Sully.....

oh and I lub u Frag

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems people have still a sense of humor around here, as currently on the TFC server there are several players of the clan [stack]

Rock2..... JUST SAY NO!!!!!
Chen Kenichi

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right, Sully. I've reread my posts beforehand and I realized they were oozing with sarcasm and one would get a sense of animosity. However... let me try and put this into perspective.

*Hey Sully, stop abusing your admin powers.
*Wow, The Ville was so much better when Sully didn't abuse his admin powers.
*Good Job Sully, you're destroying TFC at The Ville.
*Sully, quit using admin_csay. It's an obvious attempt to distract the enemy.
*Hey Sully, I'm warning you, you better stop it.
*Ok, Sully, next time you do it you are banned from The Ville.

Of course, you're not guilty, but the same people are going to ride you about it again and again.

I don't think these threads are necessarily a bad thing. Even the best family will go through a few fights, and this at least lets both sides exchange views. If you are a victim of an offensive comment, remember it is confined to this thread. I will, in any case, try to tone it down a bit.

**Edit to add**

LOL, it has become sort of a joke like accusations of hacking. CHEETUR!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: