FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
TFC Team Stacking
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chen Kenichi

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aliasing to teamstack? I've never felt such a strange sense of hilarity, pity, and fury all mixed together. The statement is absurd and offensive, but the comic value is grand.

I usually have different names because I was playing on a different server, actually. If I see people I know and get into a good game, I'll tell them who I am, if they haven't asked already. I don't think anyone here is 'hiding' to 'teamstack' and 'own.' Funny too... I just came back from TVIII where I played five rounds... and all of them were fair... weird.
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most people you can tell who they are by how they act....if not then you must not be a regular
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
FragFailure

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the reason why I made the statement about aliasing...

1. The team stacking issue has been one for some time.

I'm going to use names in scenarios. Don't take it personal. I'm using a few people who were probably there and a few other ville regs.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scenario 1

BLUE TEAM 100

[njk]Chen 52-18
Lio 35-16
[njk]M+R 26-8
[BR]Hat 20-11
[BR]Kami 9-9

RED TEAM 10

KRG 22-12
<TVB>AG 22-32
<TVB>Frag 19-22
Turbo 10-21
Stevo 9-18

In figure 1 which were a representation of what the teams were (not exact, but similar in skill.) Team 1 on Well is made up of at least four league players. Team 2 has one former league player. I'd say it's stacked.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scenario 2

Substitute the Blue Teams real names with these aliases (for example)

BLUE TEAM 100

crasH 52-18
uh 35-16
noodle 26-8
Mother of all HW's 20-11
mOo 9-9

RED TEAM 10

KRG 22-12
<TVB>AG 22-32
<TVB>Frag 19-22
Turbo 10-21
Stevo 9-18

Scenario 2 shows to me that people are aliasing to get around from being accused of team stacking. Same example players but under an alias. The "point" of being a ville reg is to not alias.

- PWG member 2001
- TVB founder and leader 2001-2004
- The Ville's Vegas Bashes I-V
- T.V.L. (Ville TFC League)
- The Originator of the Off-Topic Posts
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
kamikaze

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kjeldorian Royal Guard 42 wrote:
Smegma,

It;s simply about keeping it fair for everyone. 100 - 40 fine. 150 - 60 fine. 100 - 0 is team stacking. You should switch if possible and help the other team. That is what The Ville is about IMHO. How can a team of average players overcome a team of elitists?

oh ffs. let the damn game even itself out. eventually, the people who have to win all the time but are on the losing team will leave and somone from the winning team will switch. stop being so damn impatient. hell, i can think of one or two matches in which BR has come back from a 70-0 deficit in one round. stop complaining and let the whiners leave, the people who play in the ville pub FOR FUN will stick around, regardless if they're winning or losing.

here's a tip for those of you who find yourself on the losing team, we'll take warpath as an example. watch where that scout lands from his jumps, the 3rd or 4th time he comes through on that same route, have a mirv, rocket or nade waiting for him, he won't last long, i promise.

and lastly to KRG. i don't play TFC 12 hours a day, and i don't think many people do. don't knock a game just because your skill level plateaued earlier than others. (no way intended as a flame, i just think it's kind of lame to knock on a game because others are better than you at it)

edit: frag, i was at work this afternoon and have not played the map well in about 2 weeks. you may be thinking mo0 was aliased, when in all reality, they weren't.

i told you i was hardcore.
DJ George
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also want to know is this -- If people are aliasing to keep others from knowing who they are, how can you team stack? After all, if one "elitest" joins an game, and sees abunch of regs on one team, so he decides to blance it out by joining the other team. Now you having stacking, since the people don't know that they are on the same team. But if the went under thier own names they would still be acused of stacking. Basically, if one team is losing, the other team must be stacked, since we are all such leet players here who never lose and always use perfect team work
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MuLiShA

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, first of all, TFC is not dead, its only dead at the ville due the the ips changing every few weeks or so. I can easily name tons of servers that are full almost 24/7. As for someone saying bunnyhopping ruined the game, WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? Bunnyhopping has been an important part since it was first created, it is not some hack or script but can be done by anyone with just a little bit of work. If you don't enjoy playing or don't play TFC, you should stay out of this discussion because you have no idea what is going on.

Secondly, teamstacking is not done purposely. As much as you all want to believe we get our joy when we own or whatever, pubs are for fun, even for league players. If there is an uneven amount of skill, it is done by random. Think about it, if you get this amount of players joing a certain amount of times, it will not be even 100% of the time. The aliasing to teamstack is pure crap. I alias because I don't like being treated differently because I'm in a certain clan or a certain person.

In my mind, is it not the uneven games that ruin it. I can recall the that game that was 210-0. I was on the winning team and I had no idea who I was playing with until later. In fact, more and more people kept joining the server. It wasn't until a certain admin changed the physics/gravity even though the majority did NOT want it. The server did not die until an admin changed the map, which emptied the server. If you don't believe me, look at the logs, they speak for themself. Just because the score is uneven doesn't mean its stacking. Did you ever realize that one team may be that bad or uncoordinated? I'm just sick and tired defending myself even though its not done purposely. TFC has maintained the same players the last 1-2 years since I've played, and it is these type of actions that ruin the game. Is it that important to win that you have to kick/ban a certain group of players?
JTHM

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HEE HEE I KNOW NOTHING OF THIS IM JUST A LITTLE DUTCH GIRL, HEE HEE!! GIGGLE!!!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the point that is trying to be made is more leaning towards the amount of skill on one team. Not the tags who ever is on that team is wearing.

I wasnt present during this certain incident (I think I left right before this happened) so I dont know exactly what happened. So perhaps maybe the admin present was a little harsh. But then again, if this issue is a problem (I dont play enough TFC these days to really notice) then the admins have the right and the duty to deal with it. Perhaps it could have been handled differently, perhaps it couldnt.

I know how frustrating it can be to play warpath and have the other team win after about 30sec. - 1min of play. I think that if your team is constantly doing that, then maybe you should think about switching teams, at least for a little while.

Mulisha has a point. Sometimes skilled members are stuck on the same team through the auto-assign option and are unable to switch teams.

Issues like team stacking require a judgement call on the admins part. The admins have been carefully selected and are here to make things fun for everyone. But when everyone bitches at the admins that just makes it so things arent fun. Things definately arent that fun around here when we all get split into one or two sides about issues like this and everyone gets pissed off. I think that everyone has made a valid point and that we should all get back to playing. If the issue of team stacking continues, then that admins can take action.

Why is TFC getting less popular (not dieing)? Because were all here in the forums and not playing!

Anyway, im super tired and i dunno if I made any sense with what i just said. just my 2 cents/random mumblings

*Props to Mad-Hammer on the Sig*

R.I.P. Blue: Gone But Never Forgotten
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Chen Kenichi

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know the situation was hypothetical, but it is still an exaggeration. That rarely happens, and it wouldn't take a full team to run up a score. Plus, it was unintenional even if it did happen. So, the solution... do you really think bans and kicks are necessary? Did anyone suggest a switch? Do you even know if the people knew each other? Did you ask if anyone would mind being switched to team two? You're treating this like we're doing it on purpose and out of spite.

Blackhawk, didn't you know,?? We all set a time to get on, meet in irc, plan out our aliases, and all go to join the same team.

And just to add, teamstacking complaints have been around forever. Especially during stat days, people would whine and whine about how one team is better. There wasn't a resident clan to place the blame on at the time though.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

www.thecatacombs.net

Read the forums and then tell me TFC is dead.

To add, as chen mentioned, this complaint has been around since I first started here. Some team gets owned and people complain. And to note krg, I do not have a TFC career as you say and spend all my time on the computer. If you knew me, you wouldn't be saying that. Please keep personal attacks out of this, you being an admin to should have known that in the first place, right?
DJ George
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chen Kenichi wrote:
Blackhawk, didn't you know,?? We all set a time to get on, meet in irc, plan out our aliases, and all go to join the same team.

No wonder I am out of the loop, I better get IRC so I can going the "elitist team"
FragFailure

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The question still stands. If you are a regular at The Ville. Why is everyone aliasing? There's no point.

- PWG member 2001
- TVB founder and leader 2001-2004
- The Ville's Vegas Bashes I-V
- T.V.L. (Ville TFC League)
- The Originator of the Off-Topic Posts
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
EagleEyes

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok Frag, what happened to you man? You used to be laid back, now you are so up tight. Anyways, KRG and everyone else complaining about teamstacking, lighten up man. No one is intentionally joining a team just to "own" the noobs. Come on, I think teamstacking is just an excuse to losing. Get over it, it's not the end of the world if your team loses. Stop taking the scores so personally. I have been on a team with complete noobs, and the other team has some regs, and we still win. It's called teamwork. It helps alot when 9 players play together not just doing there own thing. But that can't be helped, so just live with it and move on. I think the reason TV is dieing is because everyone is so uptight. Really guys it's a game not life. Well that's my whole take on the situation. Oh and I still like playing at TV. Ya, that's all.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FragFailure wrote:
The question still stands. If you are a regular at The Ville. Why is everyone aliasing? There's no point.

People alias just for fun. Some alias because they're spammy tards. Some alias on other servers and just don't bother to change their name. Some, like me, get bored with the same name. Some just alias for the sake of it. I mean at njk practice we're almost all aliased. It's not like we're hiding from each other. The question could be asked, "If you're in njk, why alias at practice?" You're right in a way, because there is no foul being commited.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll use the round Frag pointed out as an example. Firstly, crasH isnt [njk]RC, and "uh" isnt lio.

The round started out on Well with only around 5 people. "uh" and I ended up on the same team from autojoin and on the other team was Albino, SparX and one or two other people whom I dont recall joined as well. "uh" started off as scout and started capping because basically, the other team had no defense. The members of the red team played yard deathmatching. I went offense a few times, and there was not a single person in their flagroom, or even really in their base. In this situation, how can you not expect to be capped on a lot? More people started joining the game, but basically, reds team was not helping themselves any. They had a soldier on their own roof shooting random rockets, some other yard deathmatchers, and one or two offense. I dont have a problem with people playing whatever/wherever they want or find enjoyable, but please dont complain about alleged teamstacking when the team losing isnt really doing anything to help themselves.

Additionally, "uh", one of the supposed teamstackers, was kicked by an admin present for the comment "gaw, you lose." The admin stated "I dont have time for smartass remarks", when the comment wasnt even directed toward the admin, but was directed at me, in a joking manner. The map was then changed by the admin to 2fort without warning or a vote. Soon after, the server emptied. This is not the type of adminning beneficial to theville tfc community, while blaming it on people for alleged teamstacking. That sort of thing doesnt accomplish anything.

sig by JTHM

note to self:
admin_chat lets you talk discretely to other admins.
admin_say lets everyone know you are a moron.

Last edited by MikeRotch on Sun Aug 24, 2003 2:55 am; edited 1 time in total
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: