FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Where Is Respawn
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ten

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, thanks. But I apologize for posting it here, I considered it an isolated incident and didn't really expect anyone to look into it. So <TVR> isn't a Ville clan? I knew it was Turbo but I didn't want to name names.

It's just that TheVille admins keeps a tight ship. It's much appeciated among the members and players: that's why TV I and IV are always full 20 hours a day, that's why people post here. Normally I'd just leave the server without any mention, join a new one and not think twice about it. But I just don't like to see anyone pull that kind of crap on these servers. I <3 teh Ville. #Fade in
DJ George
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ten Yard wrote:
So <TVR> isn't a Ville clan?

It is one of the ville guilds, but we are the smallest one of the 3
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Blue Ruler
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ten Yard wrote:
didn't really expect anyone to look into it. So <TVR> isn't a Ville clan?

We look at everything

TVR stands for The Ville Regulars.
TVB is The Ville Brotherhood.
USV is United Society - Ville

all of which are the core groups here at the ville

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah I see. It's quite confuzzling. What about =B3=?
shovelnose
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its a chapter of the -USV- Guild
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ten Yard wrote:
Ah I see. It's quite confuzzling. What about =B3=?

this explains what various guilds

TVB http://www.thevillebrotherhood.org/
TVR http://www.tosw.net/index.php
US-V http://us-v.us/

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was playing flash the other day and one guy on there got mad at me and started whinning about it, he said i wa spawn camping the allies BUT I was in the house on the British side where if you have an mg set up looking towards their first flag, and they all came out of their spawn houses and i mowed them down now, they could have easily gotten me with a sniper or somthing but i didn't see this happening anytime soon so I was nice enough to run back into their field and camp their 4th flag again, but i was wondering what considered the british spawn area on flash, cause if i was shooting in to their spawn i'd like to know, i'd feel a tad sorry for them (not really but ya know......)
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Osama Bin Fluffy wrote:
I was playing flash the other day and one guy on there got mad at me and started whinning about it, he said i wa spawn camping the allies BUT I was in the house on the British side where if you have an mg set up looking towards their first flag, and they all came out of their spawn houses and i mowed them down now, they could have easily gotten me with a sniper or somthing but i didn't see this happening anytime soon so I was nice enough to run back into their field and camp their 4th flag again, but i was wondering what considered the british spawn area on flash, cause if i was shooting in to their spawn i'd like to know, i'd feel a tad sorry for them (not really but ya know......)

I'm not sure how to answer that one. The fact that you had a doubt tells me that it may be considered spawn camping. I would have to actually see it in game to have a justified opinion, in which case I would let the person know first.

God Bless You Blue Ruler
Kahlan Amnell
Queen of Spam

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

on anzio, if you are axis, is it spawn camping to camp the left door where the axis comes out of their spawn? I think it is, but wasn't sure.... just curious.

http://ctprofiles.net/799963
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[HALO] Mrs. Keyes wrote:
on anzio, if you are axis, is it spawn camping to camp the left door where the axis comes out of their spawn? I think it is, but wasn't sure.... just curious.

A little outdated (with reference to TFC) but still covers this question pretty well

Rule #2 wrote:
DON'T Build SG's, infect, or hang out at enemy respawns.

God Bless You Blue Ruler
fixthegarand

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But hiding behind the door to "poke" allies in the face as they come through is so fun!
Turbo!

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ten Yard wrote:
Okay, thanks. But I apologize for posting it here, I considered it an isolated incident and didn't really expect anyone to look into it. So <TVR> isn't a Ville clan? I knew it was Turbo but I didn't want to name names.

It's just that TheVille admins keeps a tight ship. It's much appeciated among the members and players: that's why TV I and IV are always full 20 hours a day, that's why people post here. Normally I'd just leave the server without any mention, join a new one and not think twice about it. But I just don't like to see anyone pull that kind of crap on these servers. I <3 teh Ville. #Fade in

I vaguely remember that game (it was awhile ago). But I dont think I was talking to you Ten Yard, I think it was some axis guys camping the allied spawn and bitching about how the server and its rules were "gay" when I warned them that they would be kicked and banned if their behavior continued. But if Im thinking of a different match, then I appologize. I must have been in a bad mood and misunderstood the situation.

*Props to Mad-Hammer on the Sig*

R.I.P. Blue: Gone But Never Forgotten
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Shovel me Silly

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turbo! wrote:
Ten Yard wrote:

I vaguely remember that game (it was awhile ago). But I dont think I was talking to you Ten Yard, I think it was some axis guys camping the allied spawn and bitching about how the server and its rules were "gay" when I warned them that they would be kicked and banned if their behavior continued. But if Im thinking of a different match, then I appologize. I must have been in a bad mood and misunderstood the situation.

It happens to the best of us once and awhile.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
squidly

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a question about respawn area in Saints!!!

Here's the situation. My gameplan in this map is habitually to head directly to the last allied flag to cap it (the jeep), letting my teammate taking care of the other flags!

When I'm capping that flag, I'm trying to "protect it" against incoming allied from respawn area, hoping that my teammate will be able to cap the other flags in order to win the game.

The problem is that I've been accused a few time of respawn killing because I'm protecting MY flag!!! Yes, it is true, I'm shooting at allies coming out from this exit to recap their flag but, I always stay in the surrounding area of the jeep without never crossing the sandbag!!! By capping this flag, I would have think that I win the right to use this position to protect it!!! Am I right...? For me, it seems logical!!! The allied respawn area is right beside the jeep, it is not my fault. What should I do, look in the opposite direction waiting that an allied come in my back and knife me??? There is other exits not exposed to my deadly Mp44 , so why they dont use it!!!

So, my question is: Is it considered as spawn camping or is it ok to do what i'm doing!!!

Thx!!!
Replica
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know what you are talking about, and i think the same way for the most part. i usually go by the " you shoot me i can shoot you" logic. but shooting into spawn, which that is technically, isn't allowed. if you were to go around the corner and hold that jeep then maybe i think it'd be okay.

but then again maybe i have no idea what you are talking about and i need to look into it more.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: