FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Get to know each other
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Har8inger

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2001 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's through threads like this that I learn what freaks I am dealing with...just kidding! Wow there are a lot of different ppl here. Well, I'm 19, and currently about to return to college at Cornell University in upstate (middle of nowhere) New York for my sophomore year. I'm a comp sci major and I might get a minor in electrical engineering but depends on whether I want to get an MBA or blah blah blah. I can barely plan tomorrow let alone 3 years from now. When I'm not in college I live at home in Dallas, TX(what's with all the texans on this server? wow!). It's hot. It's really hot. It's really #^$*@#&$ing hot. You get the point. I was, am, and will be a geek for life. After all, how many other 13 year olds put together NT servers for fun? Yeah, I know, I need a life but I'm pretty shy, especially around females (That's why I still have time and some money ) I've written far too much already, ICQ me at 4683192 if you want to talk more or check out my counter-strike server at 63.69.179.208.

drakison

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2001 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeez...I feel old. My real name is Brian, and I am 23. (a special thanks goes out to frag and a select few that dont make me feel quite as old) I live in Mankato, Minnesota...and yes...it really does get that cold here.

I am a traveling salesman here for a Company called GMS Industrial supplies. Basically that's just a cool way to say I drive my car around all day and listen to the radio and talk on my cell phone.

I've been hooked on TFC since it arrived on the shelf at my local software store. It became much more fun sometime early this year when I found Avantiville.....ahem ,excuse me..."The server formaly known as Avantiville".
Hobbies outside the ville include...racing cars, boats, motorcycles, and four-wheelers, and an occasional long haul on my harley. Other hobbies include: waiting in the server list for an open spot on the ville, getting killed repeatedly by frag when I least expect it, and consistanly whining about respawn spammers. Thats about it for me. Yep...I go against all things that are normal. I'm a harley riding business man thats a complete computer nerd. But hey..at least I admit it!!!

oh yeah, I almost forgot, I am also head coah for the Mankato Panthers. (6th and 7th grade city football team) I used to play college ball at NWMSU, so this is my way to get back into the other game that i Love.

[ This Message was edited by: drakison on 2001-08-23 11:55 ]
yella

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2001 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phew, thanks Cadman for posting your age! I can now 'come out' as a 34 year old guy from Essex, England. I am a press photographer for the national papers over here and do the odd bit of web design. I'm hooked on football (NOT soccer as you guys from over the Pond call it - lol) and this damn server which takes up time I rarely have. My name Yella comes from the yellow colours my favourite team Norwich City play in, but in this part of the world the pronunciation is Yella. Clever huh?
Yella
(40 something posts to lose the Noob tag)
Thom Yorke Obliterator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2001 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, looks like we can add Yella to the over-30 list. You know, we actually might have enough players to do an old folks clan. And at 31, I might actually be the youngest guy in there. Woohoo!

Any ideas for a tag? How about [DOM], for Dirty Old Men?

Mr. Magoo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2001 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm...I thought I was an old timer (36). Cadman I bow to your seniority *bows*. Got my degree in Comp Sci. and have been doing Unix/Solaris admin work for the last 15 years for a fortune 5 company. A Misses (who is reasonably tolerant of my playing) and 3 kids (boys) who want to play bad but I won't let them yet (too young). Have played it all. Yes I had PONG when it came out in the 70's as well as an Odessy, numerous Ataris, Colecovision, Intellivsion, NES, N64, etc. Have been highly addicted to Video Games since I was young and I don't intend to break the habit . My vision w/o glasses/contacts is worse than Magoo (hence the Nick) but with them on I'm fine.

Great to here the stories behind the players.

Mr. Magoo

[ This Message was edited by: mr. magoo on 2001-08-24 12:11 ]
yella

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2001 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thom, Stark realisation will set in if an over 30s clan is to be called the 'Dirty Old Men'! How about <OTH> - Over the Hill or <TAD> Thirties and Dirty. Then again we could just start acting our age,uninstall this game and never visit the server again.

Nahhhhhhhh.
YourPowersAreWeakOldMan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2001 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow with all you old timers out there j/k my nick has some real impact I guess. I have a tag [WOM] Weak Old Men hehehe. You know I'm jus jokin with ya, It's actually pretty cool to know that people don't sell out as they get older and stop playing games..and alot of you don't just play, you're pretty damn good at it too. Keep up the good work, maybe that clan thing will happen....probably outnumber the rest of us.
SuperZero

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2001 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, there are a LOT of computer peeps here! Time to go against the grain...not only am I not working w/ computers, studying computers, or dating a computer, but I can't stand em. I know nothing about them, can barely even hook mine up right when I move it between home and school...lol, I'm computer-impaired. All I really do is write, surf the net, and play games.

I'm 19, a student at Augustana in IL (hence the augie tag I used to sport), and an English major (take that, techies!)

I love music, playing music, ultimate frisbee and frolfing (frisbee golf), and just hanging out w/ friends and enjoying the fact that I'm still young and stupid

I've lived on both coasts and everywhere in between in the USofA, but aside from that I've only made a couple hops into the Canadian boarder waters for fishing and such.

I've been playing TFC since about March, and it's still a helluva lot of fun, mainly because I found the ville in May and have since met a ton of great peeps and had a lot of fun in my favorite little Italian death-trap town.

See ya in the ville!

Bakuryu

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2001 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super! finally another ultimate frisbee player! most excellent!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
John Doe
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2001 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, please dont laugh at a dumb question. What is ultimate frisbee? I have ran across frisbee golf, but never heard of ultimate frisbee. Is it like extreme frisbee where your doing wierd stuff on the egde of a cliff or something twisted like that?
Maian

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2001 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, if you guys did form a clan of +30'ers, me and Coolguy would be the only ones left in NSA. And to think, i'm only 15, and I pulled all you older guys together. I've got something in my eye, im not crying =)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Bakuryu

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2001 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ultimate frisbee is like football with a frisbee except there's no physical contact . and you can't move with the frisbee once you catch it; you can only throw it to another person. Also there are differen't throws. Forehand, backhand, blade, hammer, the useless (my team basically patented this), and the thumber (i can't think of what else they call it). Also there are about 17 different ways you can catch one.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Thom Yorke Obliterator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2001 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ultimate frisbee sounds like a lot of fun. Do you have to get rid of the frisbee in a hurry, or do you stand there while everybody scrambles for position?

Also, are there any paintballers here? There have to be a few. Playing paintball is what turned me on to TFC and other FPS in the first place. A good FPS team battle gives the same adrenaline rush as paintball, but at a fraction of the cost. And you aren't covered in welts after the game.

Ghanja420

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2001 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey i use too play paintball Alot a whole lot got pretty good then i quit

I have played ultimate frisbee and was a football player i like both the games
and i use too OWN in Roller Hockey but havent gone in a while probably will start going again soon

YourPowers..... I go too Lamar University in Beaumont Tx. about 2 hours from houston

Digikiller

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2001 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I like JD am also from Canada, just a bit further south, in Calgary, Alberta. Unfortunatly i will not be able to join the 30+ clan for awhile being that I'm only 17.

I've been playing TFC for the last year, but also play soccer in a league. I will probably follow suit with many of you into the IT field when I head off to university next year.

Well enough chit-chat, must get back to TV and pick off all you oldtimers j/k.

Hope to see you all in my crosshairs soon

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 3 of 12

Jump to: