FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Status of TV 1
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gindapoo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2002 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bummer DBD. Let us know when it is fixed and up. (At least you get a month free .)

Now it is time for an off topic rant about UPS (check out the link in NoPeace4U's message and you'll understand):
Several months ago I ordered additional memory for my comp. It was shipped UPS and I kept track of the shipping at UPS online. Well, I was supposed to get 2nd day shipping free. Three days later, my UPS shipment finally makes it into Oklahoma. The next day it makes it to the distribution center near my town and the online tracking has it scheduled for delivery the next day (now 5 days from order). Well, my wife stays home all day to receive the shipment--which doesn't come. #Cussing out Anyway, I jump online to check out the status--which says it was delivered at destination at such and such a time. I grab the phone and dial the 800 number and get a customer service rep. The rep tells me that the delivery driver got no answer at the "deliver to address so the package was left on the porch of the neighbor's house. (WTF?) I calmly inform the rep that-- 1. my wife was home all day--no one came to the door at any time during the day and 2. the neighbor's weren't home either so why would something be left on the neighbor's porch instead of the addressee's porch? (To make matters worse it had rained all day long and in general electronic circuit boards do not react well to high moisture levels.)

In other instances UPS has left packages for me at my place of employment when there is a highlighted message on the address label that specifically says NOT to do that. They have also left packages for people, with whom I work, at our workplace in late December (Christmas gifts)--well I work at a community college whose shipping dock is closed from about Dec 15 through Jan 2--oh yeah those were happy people.

OK <rant off>

where the name came from<---clicky
[njk]Nopeace4u-DBD

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2002 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh i will continue this rant, freaking UPS guys lost a monitor of mine & a computer case, i really would lik to find a map were you kill UPS people, it would giv eme great satisfaction....ehhe

BTW, I was told if no more shipping problems or any other problems occure TV 1 shall be up Monday
-=ITS=-GaladerieL[Vegas]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2002 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[njk]Nopeace4u wrote:
Oh i will continue this rant, freaking UPS guys lost a monitor of mine & a computer case, i really would lik to find a map were you kill UPS people, it would giv eme great satisfaction....ehhe

BTW, I was told if no more shipping problems or any other problems occure TV 1 shall be up Monday
thanks for keeping us up to date dbd and villuns will soon have there avanti back .. i miss playing the level but haven't had the chance to play much avanti
am i for ignoring myself such a great time with my villuns grrr hope things get better dbd and looking forward to monday!!
BitterBeerFace

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2002 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eh, average ping 105, not bad, but not great either

Still, I'll like it anyway!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
gindapoo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2002 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

btt
[njk]Nopeace4u wrote:

At 1:45pm, 09/18/2002

C:\WINDOWS>ping 63.173.68.89

Pinging 63.173.68.89 with 32 bytes of data:

Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 63.173.68.89:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 0ms, Maximum = 0ms, Average = 0ms

I am guessing that the server is still not up?

Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2002 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gindapoo wrote:
btt
[njk]Nopeace4u wrote:

At 1:45pm, 09/18/2002

C:\WINDOWS>ping 63.173.68.89

Pinging 63.173.68.89 with 32 bytes of data:

Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 63.173.68.89:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 0ms, Maximum = 0ms, Average = 0ms

I am guessing that the server is still not up?

Or you just have no download capability

God Bless You Blue Ruler
gindapoo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2002 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bright Red Nipples wrote:
Or you just have no download capability

Remind me to frag you mercilessly next time I see you.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: