FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
MORE WORNOUT SOAPBOX: A challenge to all of YOU
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
(+)ASSASSIN(+)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2002 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well heres my two copperheads worth. Since ive only been playing TFC overall since december, I cant really say of course that I know theres a difference between the way it used to be and the way it is now, HOWEVER, in the 3 months ive been here, I have noticed a bit more bickering and complaining and thats in 3 short months!!!!!! whether its complaining about someones name, or something even more worthless to be taking up server space in a 45 post forum thread. I think if we start to get that under control then this place will start to get back to a similiar version of the ville that you vets remember, of course thats going to be without some of the old players but im sure youll find that some of the new will fill those gaps quite nicely, if they havent done so already.

My other thought is the whole clan Idea. As we all know everyone who has played here more than 5 times knows what TVB is, so naturally everyone wants in. Obviously Frag isnt going to let just anyone in, if he did there would be 1000 members and the tag would probably lose some of its luster. yet day in and day out someone always makes a post about "how do you get into TVB" and "can I be in TVB" etc. Im not ripping on ANYONE AT ALL. (just to clear that up)its understandable to want to be a part of a group of cool people that are fun to play with, makes the game that much better. However the thing I think some people dont realize is that your still playing with TVB whether your a member or not. you dont get any special privilges to admin_slap someone or something like that by being a member. so stay the course maybe your time will come. another Idea that could possibly work is if the admins were to get together and discuss having a regular that they are comfortable with, starting another ville clan. there are alot of extremly creative regs who play at the ville, and if you could find someone who would be up to such a daunting task then I think this might help tremendously, by increasing team play, taking some of the heat off TVB ro recruit everyone and his brother and making the community a little bit stronger as a whole. again just a thought

These are of course my opinions and my small attempt at helping out the ville in some way by giving ideas. also a hearty thanks to all who take the time to run the ville and make it what it is, and to all the other regs, your also greatly appreciated as well, for you cant have a community without a group of great people to make it up, so keep that in mind the next time your playing and someone makes you mad or even helps your team out in some way.

*steps off of tuna fish can, kicks it and walks away*

Goldom

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2002 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2002-03-06 13:27, (+)ASSASSIN(+) wrote:
My other thought is the whole clan Idea. As we all know everyone who has played here more than 5 times knows what TVB is, so naturally everyone wants in. Obviously Frag isnt going to let just anyone in, if he did there would be 1000 members and the tag would probably lose some of its luster. yet day in and day out someone always makes a post about "how do you get into TVB" and "can I be in TVB" etc. Im not ripping on ANYONE AT ALL. (just to clear that up)its understandable to want to be a part of a group of cool people that are fun to play with, makes the game that much better. However the thing I think some people dont realize is that your still playing with TVB whether your a member or not. you dont get any special privilges to admin_slap someone or something like that by being a member. so stay the course maybe your time will come. another Idea that could possibly work is if the admins were to get together and discuss having a regular that they are comfortable with, starting another ville clan. there are alot of extremly creative regs who play at the ville, and if you could find someone who would be up to such a daunting task then I think this might help tremendously, by increasing team play, taking some of the heat off TVB ro recruit everyone and his brother and making the community a little bit stronger as a whole. again just a thought

I agree with you totally. I know its seemed a lot recently like i was begging but in honesty i was just confused, and whether or not I EVER get into tvb, ville will be my only home in TFC, cause you all suck! Erm.. wait... i mean rule! you all rule!

I saw something of a really good idea on a CS server I was on the other day, They have two server-clan types of things... they had, first the actual clan, such as TVB that people got invited to, and then they also had people with a tag, which could here be like TVB-C, which stood for community, and like anyone with 'veteran' status on the boards could wear that to show they are a reg at the ville.

Just a thought. Any way the whole point of TVB is to be part of a group of cool people that aren't llamaaamas so anyway nm i rambling
Goldom

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2002 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah i forgot to say what i wanted to in the first place!!

Bringing back stats may not be a bad idea, BUT maybe do it differently.

For example - bring back the numerical /skill, HOWEVER instead of it based on kill/death ratio times weapon skill multiplyer,

Have the number go up and down based on

1. Flag caps
2. Helping team - ie... healing teammates, repairing other's SG's, repairing ppls armor, upgrading other's MGs, ETC.
3. Thirdly, k/d ratio times wep multiplyer, but have this be a tertiary part that doesn't affect it much

I don't know if you could even possibly edit the stats to do this, but if you could it would be cool to have a /skill that shows how good a team player you are!
Trigger Happy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2002 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an idea(s)...

I think we should count MG kills as much as we count SG kills. MG's are such a pain to destroy and I feel people would want it to be counted. I think an award for most MG kill's sounds like a challenge, too. I'm just rambling my ideas so bare with me. And as for stats, dont' we already have it?!? One can easily do a search and view there own statistics. In addition I feel the avanti/warpath thing on the weekends is a great idea. It would be fun to play with just regulars and get to know eachother. I'm pretty sure regulars are loyal and abide by the rules. And I'm pretty sure regulars play the role as an admin as well which benefits the admins. And as for Assasins opinion, I agree. I think most of us would like to join TVB because who wouldn't want to be apart of the brotherhood =) This friggin' server has mostly everything!!! I don't think people should bitch about it because the ville already offers the people so much. Ok man I think I'm rambling way tooooooo much....Gotta go to class before I'm friggin'late!!! Hope to kill all of you on the weekends. I'm looking forward to it!!! Frag on!!!

[ This Message was edited by: Trigger Happy on 2002-03-06 14:05 ]
Snaggletooth

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2002 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the idea of having regs wear a tag, but maybe something that doesn't so closely resemble <TVB>. Maybe a new clan here would be good to have. One that could rival TVB in size and skill. Bring out the best in everyone.

On the other hand, I don't like the stats idea. Regardless of how good intentioned the stats are, people will eventually be arguing over who is a better team player, or who shouldn't have such a high skill because of how they play...etc...etc... The stats made deathmatches out of perfectly good games, and people were flaming each other in the forums. It was in general not a nice place to play for a little while. But the stats are pretty much gone, and so are some of the old regulars, but for every old guy that is gone, there are 20 new Villuns here to play in their place.
Blown

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2002 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really dont see how stats could show how good a team player you are. They wouldnt show a demo closing and opening holes for thier team. They dont show anything for destroying the enemys MG's. I'm not sure that there is anything that shows how a medic heals his team, or pumps them up so when they go into battle they have a health advantage. Some of the players that play here that are the best Teamplayers have bad k/d ratios. Stats are just eyecandy to some, and yes I liked seeing where I was ranked but it didnt change my gameplay from then to now. You do see alot better gameplay now than before, but also lost a few of the regs because of the loss of stats. I guess its a double edged sword, one way has its good points and bad points and the other way the same. You can still go see you k/d ratio against other players. If you wanna know how your doing look at some of the other excellent players and gauge yourself against them. It would be awsome if there was some sort of stat system that took teamplay into account but there are sooooo many variables to teamplay that go unnoticed it would be virtually impossible to do IMO.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2002 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol frag i didnt catch that post with me in it till right now.. frag? what did i ever piss you off? prove myself eh? u did alot of proving on the hood last night with your 3-8 spy score when all that was really going on was for capping lmfao.. sure frag i play on 1 and 5 if u havent noticed.. i dont play on 3,4,5 because of neo, dod ect..so i couldnt obviously be "hiding" or "scared" because i play on 1 or 5. so come join me if youd like
FragFailure

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2002 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkw0r

I'm talking about the numerous complaints about your attitude here. Seems that you are nice to certain people and an ass to others. About you ability? I'm not concerned about that. I think I can hold my own. I might lose once in awhile, but I ususally bounce back.

- PWG member 2001
- TVB founder and leader 2001-2004
- The Ville's Vegas Bashes I-V
- T.V.L. (Ville TFC League)
- The Originator of the Off-Topic Posts
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2002 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

frag: ill be on later, im at school doing work.. i cant post long things.
Lin Sivvi Defiant Hero

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2002 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am new, and cannot really say too many things, as for I do not know the old avantiville. But, as for mgs and stats (supposedly according to the neotf people) they cannot tell who killed the mg, and only the fact that it was dealt lethal damage. From what I've seen in the source, that is true, so they must have coded it wrong I personally dislike Neotf (and it's not just cause I hate the creators personally, I swear).
TargetDummy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2002 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too have only been playing here for a few months (3?4?) and I fell in love with the people and maps from the first time I played. The Ville is absolutely the best place to play.

I think that is why the old-timers are having problems. You make a great place to play, with a healthy atmosphere and good competition, and what do you get? SUCCESS! People want to play here. Lots of people.

It seems to me that any loss of a sense of community, is the result of having such a successful plan.

How about this for a solution: Invitation-only scrimmage teams. The TVBers could invite proven community members to join TVB sponsored scrimmage teams (The Royal Guard - KRG, The Fatties - YPAWOM, The Sneaky Bastards - Frag, etc..). Then scrimmages could be set-up on the Grudge Server. You would basically set-up another smaller community and the regulars would get a chance to play each other every now and then.

BTW, what is a "regular"? I only play TV, but I only play about 5 hours/week. Am I a regular?

Goldom

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2002 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it has its place.

NTF on murderball = COOL

NTF on avanti = *crap*
FragFailure

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2002 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok Darkw0r

Either IM me here at the ville. or ICQ, AOL, MSN, or Yahoo IM me.

Thx
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
(+)ASSASSIN(+)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2002 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A regular is just someone who been around for a while and plays often from what I understand.

Fragfailure is the king of instant messaging multitasking. you need 3 or 4 more programs and youll be all set!!! LOL

[ This Message was edited by: (+)ASSASSIN(+) on 2002-03-06 15:10 ]

[ This Message was edited by: (+)ASSASSIN(+) on 2002-03-06 15:12 ]
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: