FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
See why safety is key?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
loka

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last I saw someone judging someone's life was the the Supreme Court.

riggormortis

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don t know about all the wrongs and rights about this dude, all I can think about is how bad it had to suck hitting that car at that speed.

Riggor
Speaker's Xeno

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JtH wrote:
first off, comparing Roeth to Osama bin Laden is ignorant in and of itself.

Instead of bashing him, maybe you should hope that he has learned his lesson.

ok i can settle everything right here and right now. first off i have no sympathy for stupidty. i wear my seatbelt. i have been in accidents(so far none that i have caused but hey my luck might change) i have had people close to me die because of car accidents(3 so far)

comparing roeth to anyone is the same thing its the persons nature if they do something unsafe and get caught and hurt they deserve it idc who you are if you rid a bike without a helmet and get into an accident then you damn well deserve EVERYTHING you get. it doesnt matter if it is the ladies fault in the first place ROETH SHOULDNT HAVE BEEN DRIVING HE DIDNT HAVE A VALID LISCENSE. THE F***ER is at fault. im not a big sports fan so his status in football doesnt matter to me but he is one of the stupidest m*f* that i have seen, he got what he deserved at the least for putting anyones life in danger. and dont complain to be about this type of thing a family friend was killed a couple years back by a man driving a semi while under the influence and on drugs with a restricted liscense from a couple states(i think it was 5) while he was on probation. and he got away with a little jail time and a fine. this article has hit really close to me and i hope he recovers i really do but if i see this crap from him again then my thoughts wont be the same. we all make mistakes but if you dont learn from them then get out of the gene pool and make it a better place for the rest of our species

-Speaker

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Millions of Kids get in busses around the world without seatbelts. you have seen the films. when they wreck there are kids flying everywhere. Should we feel sorry for them?

Every day millions fly in planes without parachutes. When they crash most die. Should we feel sorry for them?

Some people who wear helments and full gear still die or suffer crippling injuries from motorcylce accidents. Regardless of the protection motorcycle riding is dangerous. Should we feel sorry for any of them?

Each item is a free choice made by each person. Should we feel bad? I dont know about you but I do.

and F@@@ Bin Laden
JtH

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROOFCUTTER wrote:
Millions of Kids get in busses around the world without seatbelts. you have seen the films. when they wreck there are kids flying everywhere. Should we feel sorry for them?

Every day millions fly in planes without parachutes. When they crash most die. Should we feel sorry for them?

Some people who wear helments and full gear still die or suffer crippling injuries from motorcylce accidents. Regardless of the protection motorcycle riding is dangerous. Should we feel sorry for any of them?

Each item is a free choice made by each person. Should we feel bad? I dont know about you but I do.

and F@@@ Bin Laden

amen to that.

Richter wrote:

JtH wrote:

When did it become our job to judge people?

Last i heard that was God's job, not ours.

Let's not bring God into this. Last time he showed his face was...

Yeah that's what I thought.

I can't help if your blind to God's work.

I see his face all the time, and you should too since after all, you are alive to sit here and debate this topic.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROOFCUTTER wrote:

and F@@@ Bin Laden

Yes, yes, and yes. There's a special difference bewteen getting in a bus and getting in a car. I don't feel sorry for R-man cause he made a very stupid decision. He had the option of wearing a helmet. He did not. In a car, you have the option of wearing a seatbelt. In a bus you do not. People in public planes do not have the option of parachutes. There's at least a little danger in every kind of transportation available, no matter how safe we try to make it for ourselves. However, I don't feel sorry for someone that blatently makes it more unsafe for themself.

If I ever saw a man jump off a building, tragic suicide or just a daredevil with not enough options, I wouldn't feel bad. What did you expect?

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
Richter-
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JtH wrote:

I see his face all the time, and you should too since after all, you are alive to sit here and debate this topic.

Show me a god and I'll believe.

The reason I'm able to sit hear and debate this is because of my parents and I try to not put myself in to particularlly stupid situations like not wearing a helmet when I ride motocycles, not because of some mythical higher being.

So if you really want to debate the whole god issue let me toss this little tidbit at ya and you can dwell on it...

Multicellular life arose about a billion years ago, with fish appearing about 500 million years ago. Dinosaurs flourished from about 230 to 65 million years ago, after which time mammals began to rule the earth. Man descended from ape-like creatures within the last three million years.

Sooooo was that before or after he took Adam's rib to create Eve and don't ya think the herbivores (Non-Flesh eating dinosaurs) would have eaten all those apples in that garden?

Willie Busserhimen
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richter- wrote:
JtH wrote:
When did it become our job to judge people?

Last i heard that was God's job, not ours.

Let's not bring God into this. Last time he showed his face was...

Yeah that's what I thought.

BEST. RESPONSE. EVER.

Literally ROFL'ing! SOOOOO TRUE!

Willie Busserhimen.v-V$
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Violent Pacifist

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Religion is a highly debatable topic, and one that often sparks more-than-heated discussion. Though I find religious debate entertaining, to say the lest, it's always been ville policy to abstain from discussing it on the open boards.

Let's stick to the topic guys.

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
The Tiju

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richter- wrote:
JtH wrote:

Show me a god and I'll believe.

The reason I'm able to sit hear and debate this is because of my parents and I try to not put myself in to particularlly stupid situations like not wearing a helmet when I ride motocycles, not because of some mythical higher being.

So if you really want to debate the whole god issue let me toss this little tidbit at ya and you can dwell on it...

Multicellular life arose about a billion years ago, with fish appearing about 500 million years ago. Dinosaurs flourished from about 230 to 65 million years ago, after which time mammals began to rule the earth. Man descended from ape-like creatures within the last three million years.

Sooooo was that before or after he took Adam's rib to create Eve and don't ya think the herbivores (Non-Flesh eating dinosaurs) would have eaten all those apples in that garden?

being a biology major and studying this stuff i've come to the realization that there IS NO WAY THAT IS POSSIBLE FOR LIFE TO BEGIN RANDOMLY!!!...

the way our body works is way to complex for it to have been started out of no where. Evolution works but to only a certain extent.

something had to have gotten it started, and it sure wasnt chance cause the probability of something like that happening is nearly impossible...

most scientists will agree with what i am saying

even thee strongest atheists are starting to believe that there had to have been something that started life cause it is just way to complex to have happend on its own.

"Never Fear The Tiju is Here"
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Debating topics such as religion and evolution only ends in a locked thread...

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Richter-
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Tiju wrote:

being a biology major and studying this stuff i've come to the realization that there IS NO WAY THAT IS POSSIBLE FOR LIFE TO BEGIN RANDOMLY!!!...

the way our body works is way to complex for it to have been started out of no where. Evolution works but to only a certain extent.

something had to have gotten it started, and it sure wasnt chance cause the probability of something like that happening is nearly impossible...

most scientists will agree with what i am saying

even thee strongest atheists are starting to believe that there had to have been something that started life cause it is just way to complex to have happend on its own.

According to evolution, single-celled organisms underwent
spontaneous generation from non-living chemicals some three billion or
more years ago.

But evolution also involved death. Organisms have been living and
dying for aeons in the "struggle for existence," with natural selection
allowing the "survival of the fittest" while insuring the extinction of
the less fit. For instance, it was the extinction of the dinosaurs
which allowed the mammals to dominate and eventually lead to man's
emergence. All of this multi-billion-year "history" is recorded in the
fossil record, where the remains of multiplied trillions of dead things
are entombed in rocks supposedly dating from times long before man.

Death plays a prominent part in evolution. In fact,
to an evolutionist, death is normal, death is good, death provides the
fuel for evolutionary change; death produced man.

But how does the Christian religion understand death? As recorded in
the Bible, just a few thousand years ago God wrote with His finger on a
tablet of stone (so we couldn't misunderstand) to inform us that "in six
days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is,
and rested the seventh day" (Exodus 20:11), thereby providing a model
for our work week (the Fourth Commandment). No time is found here for
billions of years of evolution, only a rapid, supernatural creation.

So which is correct, life evolved or God busted his ass for six days creating heaven and earth, then rested for a beer and a football game? If it's the latter, don't you think he's a bit pissed cause he may of lost his fantasy quarterback because he was stupid?

Richter-
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevo wrote:
Debating topics such as religion and evolution only ends in a locked thread...

That's kinda what I'm hoping for.

loka

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL I didn't mention religion. Other people have issues with my bluntness. If you can't handle bluntless your man hood goes down the drain. Seriously people have no common sense and need to feel bad for everyone.

I'm guessing jth has to feel bad because he's a Steeler fan or some crap like that. If that is even the case that is childish.

This is just as childish as the people of San Francisco defend Barry Bonds*

If this idiot had worn a HELMET I would feel a little bit bad.

However I don't know him. He doesn't know me. Chances of other people giving a damn about you is pretty much slim....unless you die.

Mike

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WTF does religion have to do with any of this? Thats also one of the things that you're not saposed to talk about here, so stop preaching your religion here.

But just one last thing for Tiju, if you can't picture life randomly sprouting the way it's theorized, just think of how many galaxies there are in the universe and how many chemical reactions are taking place in the universe. Also, think about how i think it was the Gregor-Mendel experiment was able to come up with amino acids and organic compounds from what is thought to be earths early conditions. I'm not trying to make you beleive it, I'm just trying to point out that it might not have been as unlikely to happen as you think.

Ok, back on topic:

Roof, with your kids in a bus arguement, I'm kind of on the fence there. I think if you're old enough, it's your fault you didn't buckle up. But if you're young enough, then it's bad parenting. What the age is dividing the two, I don't know. But i do know that has nothing to do with a grown man who knows what happens when accidents happen.

And for the plane thing, that is mainly the pilot and plane owner's responsibility to decide wether or not to have parachutes. But that doesn't even matter. Do you have any idea how much greater of a chance you have getting into a motorcycle accident then a plane crash?

I do feel sorry for people who get into motorcycle accidents with protection on because I realise that they know the risks of riding a motorcycle and they do whatever they can to the chances of them happening. I do not, however, feel sorry for the brainless morons who ride without protection asking for thier lives to be taken away. My dad had a friend who got in a bad motorcycle accident. He was smart enough to be wearing a high quality helmet. His head got lodged inbetween to cars and his life was saved. You can guess what would have happened if he wasn't wearing his helmet.

I don't know what you meant by the **** bin laden comment. If it was because you didn't get what I meant, then look at my two explanations of it carefully. If you just said that because you hate him, then that's great.

Last edited by Mike on Thu Jun 15, 2006 2:40 pm; edited 3 times in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: