FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Bringing back the Ville
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blown

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gamepro65 wrote:
Well, i know this is a long shot, but i would love to see a TFC server back, Now i know City 17 (not sure if its still TFC or not) but how about getting a TFC server back possibly central so there could be decent pings, but i know thats probably askin alot.

ya, then we can have bluerulerville or avantiville again and it can stay empty 99.9999999% of the time.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

{db}Blown65 wrote:
Gamepro65 wrote:
Well, i know this is a long shot, but i would love to see a TFC server back, Now i know City 17 (not sure if its still TFC or not) but how about getting a TFC server back possibly central so there could be decent pings, but i know thats probably askin alot.

ya, then we can have bluerulerville or avantiville again and it can stay empty 99.9999999% of the time.

I think that statistic is a little inflated...

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Replica
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevo wrote:
{db}Blown65 wrote:
Gamepro65 wrote:

I think that statistic is a little inflated...

no... i think this statistic is a little inflated

99.9999999%
Diplomat

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that stat migth be a tad bit inflated but not by much. The sad news is that TFC just doesn't bring in the crowds. As far as us maybe or maybe not having a TFC server that has yet to be decieded as we are messing around with a few things, but we all must realize that perhaps TFC has been put out to pasture for now. I am sure though when TFC 2 (and hell freezes over and Duke Nukem comes out then) we will see a resurgence in its popularity and the fall of perhaps mods like DOD and NS.

Powder
Bull
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

powdermilkman wrote:
I am sure though when TFC 2 (and hell freezes over and Duke Nukem comes out then) we will see a resurgence in its popularity and the fall of perhaps mods like DOD and NS.

Powder

The FALL of DOD? Like H***! WWII (like the civil war) never ends!
Look at all the WW2 games that have come out in the past couple years. Call of Duty, Battlefield 1942, Medal of Honor, just to name a few.

I hope DOD (or it's evolution) will stick around for quite a while. Besides, look how many servers are currently running DOD compared to the rest of the HL mods.

"Now GET DOWN AND GIVE ME 25 for that remark, soldier."

NS, yes. Only nerds play that game anyway.. #Silly Brick wall

HAR!! #Fade in
and WalMart Security

"Get-r-Done"
Spotty
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YOU GUYS ROCK!!!!!!! :hb: :hb: :hb: :hb: :hb: :hb:

I didnt hear of the change in ownership...who was involved in this???

also bringing back the status of the servers on the home page would be a nice addition
Rebel_Rouser
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOD will eventually become like TFC when DOD:S is released and then all the new mods that will pop up, I think that is what powder was basically saying.
I am not a big NS fan myself, but hey what ever floats your boat Boo hoo!

Longest Running Show in Broadway History 1/9/06
powdermilkman
Diplomat

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RR said what i meant...essentially when new mods pop up they will replace DOD...just like DOD replaced TFC...it is just evolution...also look how many more vietnam games are comming out now instead of ww2 just a change in dynamic and game.

Powder
Kahlan Amnell
Queen of Spam

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bull wrote:
NS, yes. Only nerds play that game anyway.. #Silly Brick wall
HAR!! #Fade in

hm. a nerd you say? ok, even if so, computers + nerds = love forever lol

NS will be coming out with a retail version in the future, and there is currently work being done on adding an NS:Source version.... so no, I don't think that it will die out, just evolve itself.

*mmm, thinking of yummy outdoor environments in NS2*

http://ctprofiles.net/799963
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Blown

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually TFC is doing much better, but its just NO ONE plays it from here really. The server has actually been getting fairly decent traffic.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Bull
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bull wrote:
I hope DOD (or it's evolution) will stick around for quite a while. Besides, look how many servers are currently running DOD compared to the rest of the HL mods.#Silly Brick wall

HAR!! #Fade in

RR wrote:
DOD will eventually become like TFC when DOD:S is released and then all the new mods that will pop up, I think that is what powder was basically saying.

Powder wrote:
RR said what i meant...essentially when new mods pop up they will replace DOD...just like DOD replaced TFC...it is just evolution...also look how many more vietnam games are comming out now instead of ww2 just a change in dynamic and game.

I understand what Powder was saying (you too, RR) that's why I included "or it's evolution" so don't mis-understand my remarks and take offence to it. I'm just openly 'defending' DOD 'and it's offspring' with the hope that it will be around for a while before going the way of the DooDoo bird. I also recognize Viet era and no doubt more modern day conflicts will become popular.

Lighten up, guys! Anxious
and WalMart Security

"Get-r-Done"
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: