FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Replica
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2002 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gurrg wrote:
I agree with everything you ppl said, especially the n00b thing, the first time i played here, i was a n00b, a bad one too. Then BRN said one of his hilarious binds, and i thought he was making fun of me. Then he told me that it's just something he says to everyone, it's called a "bind." i was amazed especially when TV3 was neo, i loved it here. been here ever since. i also told me friends about it. (JuVaNiLe and Black Knight) they love it here too.

I wish one of the servers went back to neo again, it would be kind of fun to see new things, but i still love the old playing style.

THEVILLE RULES

(ps, shhhhhh, don't mention the kilaaks, they might come back)

psst, 1, what was that bind??? and two, when i first came here, believe it or not. i sucked big time, lol, i'm still not all that great but i can kill people now without using a hwguy and still gettign a 1:4 kd. i got better from playing aroudnt he people ehre and they taught me how to play better than i think i could ahve learned other places. thank you ville!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2002 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could someone explain to me the difference between regular TFC and Neo-TFC??

^^^ Clicky
Thom Yorke Obliterator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2002 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It adds a bunch of new features to TFC, like guided rockets, missile strikes, and new Engie guns. Some of them are incredibly cool and/or wacky. Check out this link for all the dirt:

http://help.neo-tf.com/

Bear in mind that we didn't have all of the NEO features implemented here.
-=ITS=-GaladerieL[Vegas]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2002 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kjeldorian Royal Guard wrote:
Gala, we have discussed this in US-V and we are going to make it a reality. The training idea was very well received and I do believe it is a great way to support new players and teach old dogs new tricks. Either way, giving TheVille and TFC even more depth. The details are still being ironed out but soon, we will have a complete plan to slap down for ya!

What can we all do. . . .

Hell. . . just be cool. Have fun in a game here. Not just "your" fun, but a shared fun. We have a few rules here. That's it. This place is more open than many realize. Have fun and hang out with your friends.

You want to hear something that literally astonishes me? I can not remember the last time a Llama ruined my game here. Is that not the coolest damn thing? I am amazed. This place friggin rocks and I am grateful for every second I get to spend here.

Long Live the Friggin Ville!
thxs for the update and keeping this informed to everybody here at the ville .. well i wish u all luck on this and the plans for it!!
DukeNukem
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2002 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a perpetual "n00b", so what are you talking about.

I don't think it is the term "n00b" in and of itself that is the problem. It is the use of the term in a demeaning way that is the problem. You can still treat someone like an idiot without using such terms. It is all about attitude and how you see people.

How would YOU want to be treated if you are just learning some new game/skill. Then that is the way you should treat "newbies". My usual reply is something like, "That is all right we were all n00bs at one time, just hang in there you'll get better." Now I just used the term "n00b" in a way that is encouraging to the newcomer.

The following is a paraphrase from C. S. Lewis - If you want to be respected you must act respectable.

Demeaning newcomers is not acting in a manner worthy of respect - IMNSHO. (NS = not so)

P.S. And don't mind Nipples he's just a harmless perv!

=US-])uke]\[ukem-V=
I STINK, therefore I SPAM!
[doctored Descartes]
OBTUSE OF KILAAK

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2002 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
For our forums we haven't had a Kilaak Invasion for awhile. Good stuff.

SILEE HEWMAN! YOO NO NOT WUT YOO ASSK!

THUVIL NEEDZ MOR KILAAKS AND LES HEWMANZ! THIS IZ OWNLEE WAYEE TU UCHEEEV GRAYTNES!
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2002 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DukeNukem wrote:

Tee hee hee.

I still remember that day Gurgg. My binds are meant for nothing more than to liven up people in game. I have been drawing up blanks on some new ones lately but I have seen some in game from others that had me lmao.

I actually like games where I know the intent of the peeps playing. If I know they are just goofing around then I won't go through the trouble of trying to have a serious game just to find out peeps are just screwing around.

God Bless You Blue Ruler
hoaxie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2002 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bright Red Nipples wrote:
DukeNukem wrote:

Tee hee hee.

I still remember that day Gurgg. My binds are meant for nothing more than to liven up people in game. I have been drawing up blanks on some new ones lately but I have seen some in game from others that had me lmao.

I actually like games where I know the intent of the peeps playing. If I know they are just goofing around then I won't go through the trouble of trying to have a serious game just to find out peeps are just screwing around.

HEY... wasn't that on ummmm. that one map... CRAP!!!!... in which the flag is in a cage? WTF is the name of it.... ARGH! Anyway... if so, I think I was there that say... I think I was the one who explained to gurrg that Nips had that bound and that nothing was meant by it in team chat.

LONG LIVE THE 'VILLE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Chen Kenichi

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2002 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hackstab

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2002 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The map you are refering to Hoaxie would be Epicenter and yes that was it. It was really funny seeing his reaction when he found out I was joking around. We actually became friends in IM after that. That's when i could really mess with his mind, heheh.

God Bless You Blue Ruler
Gurrg

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2002 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i believe the bind was "Gurrg farts in a cup and smells it" and "Is that bugle boy jeans your wearing Gurrg?" lol, it was epicenter, that was great, your were and still are one of the funniest ppl i've met on TheVille, you always have something "smart" to say, except a couple nights ago on MSN, you were a little out of it nips, gotta get some sleep nipples, sheesh!
(hoax i think you were there, you were the first lady i met on TV )
Great moments here at TheVille!

The Ville-Addict----BR Site \/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
WiseOldJames{ATL}
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2002 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we should have start "Krazy Scout Night" this is when the ONLY class you can be is scout and the only weapons you can use is crowbar and caltrops

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
-=ITS=-GaladerieL[Vegas]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2002 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thom Yorke Obliterator wrote:
It adds a bunch of new features to TFC, like guided rockets, missile strikes, and new Engie guns. Some of them are incredibly cool and/or wacky. Check out this link for all the dirt:

http://help.neo-tf.com/

Bear in mind that we didn't have all of the NEO features implemented here.
yes i could agree with you there tyo on not having all the neotf features running that day.. question is will the neotf come back anytime soon maybe not? And if neo does come back will it be under certain maps that it is used for? these are just my curiousity questions.. i enjoyed it when it was around but there was a tendency to have llamas on neotf which was not fun to be around .. but anyways i hope that tyo explained it in the link for you DaRkAtH -VS- ..
Kjeldorian Royal Guard 42

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2002 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
i enjoyed it when it was around but there was a tendency to have llamas on neotf

This was because of ignorance of how to use the MG's in most cases.

Hopefully, the teaching sessions will be able to help with some of that! Granted, most of the neo Llamas are passerby's, but we can try to show them the way!

By teaching todays newcomer, we can prevent tomorrow's Llama!

The server is coming. . .soon
=US-V= Member/Event Coordinator - Retired
<eVa> Founding Father/Leadership/Webmaster - Retired
Ville Admin - Retired
Trigger Happy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2002 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LoL OMG VS I will never forget Darkwhore for accusing me of cheating. He thought I hack stabbed him that is a new one LoL. Hack stab

- Sig Made By <TVB>Bada^Bing-TPF-
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: