FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
If there was a llama award id have it! :(
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paddyjack

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2002 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Computer wrote:

Actually I don't remember there ever being any flaming of anyone b/c of stats...... Well not since February when I came here. Why don't we give it a go? If it causes a problem then it can be just as easily removed right? Then again, who cares what I have to say.

I joined the forum in january, but I was reading and playing at The Ville since about november. I can tell you that topics regarding stats and gameplay were common things in that november/january period.

I must admit I started playing here because of stats, which I thought were interestings. But when I realized the way some guys were playing because of that I was happy to see them go. Moreover they were not exactly balanced IMO.

Rock2..... JUST SAY NO!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Snaggletooth

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2002 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those of you who weren't here when the POTD and full stats were still here, I'll fill you in on a little secret:

Take a look at the activity in the Complaint Department lately. You'll notice that it's quite dull in there. When stats were still active, there were at least 3 new complaints every hour about someone holding the flag, or shooting people off of nade bags/flag. Our admins (who were much fewer in number back then) were going nuts trying to keep up with all the llamas. It was rediculous, and many of our old school regulars left when this became the common theme of the Ville. Many of those have returned with the exception of a few here and there. This is due in part to the vibe of the community changing focus back onto having a good time and playing fairly. If you missed out on the stat days, I'm sorry. But only because you'd appreciate what it's like now even more if you had been here for the "old days".
Thom Yorke Obliterator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2002 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It actually seems that the quality of the competition has gone UP around here since the stats went away. Scary, huh? People aren't afraid to get in your face and brawl.
Brujah

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2002 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehehee I remember I owned back in stats day.. probably cause while someone was waiting for a bag to pop up on avanti.. I'd run around the corner and blow the hell outta them.. and then grab what they were waiting for....

aaah the good ole days of wimps playing for stats...

honestly my gameplay hasn't changed 1 bit since back then.. If I'm on D I'll run for life when I need it.. if I'm on O.. Imma get in your face

But I must say.. I'm glad the're gone... the challenge has massively increased.. making it much more fun for me and all

oh and for you engys that still hide behind your SG hammering away with your wrench... well Imma teach you all yet! hehehee
Paddyjack

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2002 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brujah wrote:

oh and for you engys that still hide behind your SG hammering away with your wrench... well Imma teach you all yet! hehehee

When facing a grouped attack a smart engy will do that Bru, especially on maps like Openfire Dying is nothing if your sg still hold.

Rock2..... JUST SAY NO!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: