FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
JohnCarterofMars is getting married!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ToRaK

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2002 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GL and HF!
BitterBeerFace

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2002 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa! Congrats JCOM! Where ya gonna take her for the honeymoon? Venus? Neptune? Ura.... nevermind

Ok, ROOF, you design us the Avanti Church, we'll build it, and have the Mayor marry them off! Then the kegger and LAN party from hell as a reception!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ToRaK

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2002 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BitterBeerFace wrote:
Whoa! Congrats JCOM! Where ya gonna take her for the honeymoon? Venus? Neptune? Ura.... nevermind

Ok, ROOF, you design us the Avanti Church, we'll build it, and have the Mayor marry them off! Then the kegger and LAN party from hell as a reception!

Now that would be AWSOME!
BitterBeerFace

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2002 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehehe, the only problem with all of us sitting in the Avanti church pews would be that one smart-ass who'd yell "Spy as bride!" during the ceremony... #Beer
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Snaggletooth

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2002 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or the one who would decide to conc the wedding party when they're trying to take the photos...
OS

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2002 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol BBF!

CONGRATS John!! ( Yes, I am on first name terms with him ).

I hope it all goes well for you and the missus. What's it like proposing anyways? Damn, I'd be so nervous.
Trigger Happy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2002 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice! Good luck.

- Sig Made By <TVB>Bada^Bing-TPF-
Bada Bing

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2002 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats bro I wish you both good luck and happiness

Are you threatening me ???
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
JohnCarterofMars

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2002 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
KAOR! My Martian friend, what do you serve to eat at a Wedding Reception on Mars?

Well YPAWOM, Dejah Thoris and I have discussed it and we have decided to have Banth steaks and twinkies; for refreshment of course, we will have a keg, thanks to BRN.
Quote:
Where ya gonna take her for the honeymoon? Venus? Neptune? Ura.... nevermind

Well, actually there is only one place in the entire solar system that I would take my newest 'soon to be ex-wife'(LOL JK!), and that would be Sandals Jamaica Ocho Rios. There are some beautiful places on Mars but none that would compare to Ocho. Sandals Neptune is a little cold, we might visit that one for an anniversary. Venus is nice to visit, briefly, but unfortunately the current inhabitants of that planet are rather violent and unhospitable and don't play Everquest ( as we all know men are from Mars and women from Venus )!

Thanks again for all of your support and well spoken words of encouragement! Dejah thanks you as well! Cya at the Avanti Church!

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JohnCarterofMars

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2002 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Omega SiN wrote:
Lol BBF!

CONGRATS John!! ( Yes, I am on first name terms with him ).

I hope it all goes well for you and the missus. What's it like proposing anyways? Damn, I'd be so nervous.

Oops! Sorry Omega... Well, you have to practice and really be sure you know what you are going to say. You usually don't want to just pop out and scream, "WILL YOU MARRY ME??" A nice lead in is always good. Mine went something like this, " We may not be perfect as individuals, but when we are together we have perfect moments. Like little pieces of heaven ( especially when you don't mind that I go play around on the Ville ) and thats why I want to preserve those brief moments and share them with you for the rest of our lives... will you marry me?" Its not hard getting the words out, but I got nervous waiting for her to finish looking at the ring (which was my great grandmother's) and answer my question. Really it is tough to work up the nerve to do that sort of thing, but if you practice it in front of the mirror enough, it will all work out. The asking is not really the hard part, its finding the right moment to do it. I spent an entire week waiting for the right moment to pop the question....

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
hoaxie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2002 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a lovely proposal!!! I'll marry you! Just kidding!

But, oh my God.. how could she have ever said *no* to something like that!?

LONG LIVE THE 'VILLE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Greebo
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2002 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats JCOM - now you can stay forever on her broadband connection :-p

Here's one thing I've never understood - why do people buy the engagement ring *then* propose...how do they know it'll fit (or in JCOM's case how did he know his fiance had the same size finger as his great grandmother)??

I realise rings can be adjusted but surely it's better to go after the proposal and get a ring that they know fits first time.

Hehehe - played a rather cruel trick on my g/f's mother last year. We were in Spain on holiday and in the usual market type places you get there at night were several stalls selling rings. So we had the bright idea that I'd get her one and she'd put it on her middle finger of her left hand.

It Worked beautifully - I took her home from the airport and we got through the door of her house. Her mother says "Hello, how was it?" etc etc looks down, sees ring on right hand and screams (and I quote):

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Then she saw which finger it was on a calmed down

Just giving people ideas for practical jokes.
SilverOne
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2002 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats JCOM!

All the best to both of you.

"STOP FLAPPIN' THE YAP AND WATCH THE LANGUAGE" ~Blue Ruler
"Silver is Cheezylicious" ~MErf
Lil-Yugi

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2002 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know how to say this but... Good Luck.
gindapoo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2002 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats JCOM. I have actually been married to my lovely wife 10 years today! (May be arriving in game late this evening ).

As for getting the ring before you propose...it all has to do with commitment (not an ugly word guys). If the guy has the ring in hand when he proposes, the gal knows he is SERIOUS. (Also makes it harder for the lady to say 'No'. )
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: