FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
ENGLAND V BRAZIL
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greebo
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2002 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ach well - can't win em all (I slept through the match - saw the goals on the news).
Couple of things:
1) England were practically written off as unable to qualify for this cup - from there to quarter-finals is a massive achievement.

2) I feel so sorry for Seaman, he seems to think he's totally responsible for this loss. If anyone uses him as a scapegoat I'll track em down and give them a good pounding. Seaman has had a long a great career as england goal keeper, to finish on such a result is unfortunate but should in no way detract from his achievements.

Just hope his successor is as good.
bobins

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2002 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i sorry ppl of the us -- last time i checked it was 1 nil to germany -- i hope that wasent the finnal score -- i havent seen the news yet so i duno

o and greebo u got my help if anyone blames the defeat on seaman -- it is the players that r to blam -- if anyone is -- they had a 1 player advantage and they didnt capatilise on it -- o well -- we'll try again in 4 years
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Greebo
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2002 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Germany wins 1-0
cstone

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2002 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh, but can't we keep score by possession and near-misses??

USA 50 GER 5

somebody call fifa!

Oh well we gave a good run at it (best yet - so the pundits say). So who is everyone pulling for now??
Greebo
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2002 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Methinks I'll root for South Korea - cos they beat italy :-p

Though in reality It'll probably be a Brazil - Germany Final.
MunkeyEye
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2002 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dunno how accurate this will be but it's up for your interpretation....
Interesting stuff ahead of the World cup ...

Brazil last won the world cup in 1994.
Before that they won it in 1970.
Add 1970 and 1994, it equals 3964.

Germany last won in 1990.
Before that they won in 1974.
Add 1990 and 1974, it equals 3964.

Argentina last won the world cup in 1986.
Before that they won it in 1978.
Add 1978 and 1986, it equals 3964.

So going by this logic, The winner of the 2002 world
cup is the same as the 3964 - 2002 = 1962 world cup.
The 1962 world cup was won by Brazil.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
bobins

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2002 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YourPowersAreWeakOldMan wrote:
Ooh man, bet those English "football" hooligans are hopping mad. Someones gettting a riot on today! GooooOOoO HOOLIGANS!

well its amazing -- english supporters have always rioted when stuff doesn't go their way -- but during this tournament england supporters have been one of the most well behaved fans going -- i think it because were all so prowed of getting this far -- and their is no shame in getting beaten by brazil -- and at least we beat argentina / revenge is so good

Omega SiN wrote:

I'm just gonna go kill myself...don't mind me...

now dont go doing that -- just join one of the ville servers and let us lot do it 4 u -- lol

sorry US -- i heared about the defeat -- o well -- v.wel done for getting so far
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
`RaphX

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2002 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greebo wrote:
I feel so sorry for Seaman, he seems to think he's totally responsible for this loss. If anyone uses him as a scapegoat I'll track em down and give them a good pounding. Seaman has had a long a great career as england goal keeper, to finish on such a result is unfortunate but should in no way detract from his achievements.

It's unfortunate, but all the downmarket London tabloids will be looking for his head. How many of them are gonna put a pic of that next to a pic of the European CWC Final goal? Hopefully it won't be so bad, but I do fear the worst.

YourPowersAreWeakOldMan wrote:
Ooh man, bet those English "football" hooligans are hopping mad. Someones gettting a riot on today! GooooOOoO HOOLIGANS!

I really hate the way football is tarnished by such hooliganism. Too many people out there say that football causes violence, but they're all wrong. Football is their excuse to cause violence. Just the same as religion, which doesn't cause wars, but is merely an excuse to start them. Hooliganism: dreadful, nasty and just not worth it.
Leave football alone!

Anyway, unlucky England and USA on their defeats.
If only Donavan could have taken that chance when he was through on goal And Germany were lucky over that near goal that was saved by the defenders hand. Hey, didn't you see how well the Scottish referee, Hugh Dallas, handled it all?
OS

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2002 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha cstone!!

I'm alright now, but it didn't help the my team just lost 5-0 in the Australian U15 finals. But the other team was damn good, and I'm pretty happy we made it through to the finals.

And I think I'll root for Spain, but I do NOT want Brazil to win.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: